[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Japs are so good at making interesting concepts, themes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 30327.jpg (50KB, 225x319px) Image search: [Google]
30327.jpg
50KB, 225x319px
Why Japs are so good at making interesting concepts, themes, and world building but suck at writing shit?
>>
Because you're an easily impressed child of videogames
>>
because you're not actually watching shit targeted and written for adults instead you're watching cartoons made for edgy teens, faggot.
>>
They're autistic. The entire country is autistic. They don't understand human emotion or interaction and just have broad general concepts overdone to a detailed but ultimately soulless level

It's also why Japanese can't act
>>
>>83927770
the Fate series is one of the biggest turds I've ever seen and I don't know why my friends keep suggesting it. I've given it a chance like 5 times and it's shit every time
>>
just go read capeshit or harry potter. i'm sure you'll find something you'll like there.
>>
>>83927770
They have B-souls. B-souls are good at certain things and have handicaps in other areas. It is rare that B-souls make their own culture, however it has happened here. B-souls are created alchemically through mercury exposure and are fundamentally different from A-souls, who have the ability to imbue tales with a form of realism unique to A-souls.
>>
>>83927969
Never seen any Japanese cinema from before you were born?
>>83928002
The Fate/Zero adaptation was interesting based on the merits of its direction but everything else in the series is just so uninteresting and bland to me. Now that they've grabbed the gacha audience it's going to be a mainstay in the game industry though
>>
>>83928002
seriously. I played the first ending of FSN and hated each and every one of these stupid fucks. characters are stupid. the story was stupid. I'm trying to get through the other two endings, but my hate is ever growing. I have no idea why this franchise is so big. Is it some kind of meme i'm not aware of? so many spin offs and continuations, how is this possible?
that stupid fucking saber haircut or that smug nkowit all rin. everyone looks retard with their posture.
>>
>tfw fell for /a/'s "play the VN meme"
>wasted almost 3 days reading this shit
>I still find it shit
I would never listen to fatefags again.
>>
Because they are almost entirely atheistic, so the grandest two ideas they can come up with in terms of a larger message are "the power of fliendshipu" and "we have an obligationeru to kirr God.
>>
>>83927770
>using Fate Shit Night as an example for all japanime writing

One Piece and Berserk do all of those things well
>>
>>83927770
I want to smell Saber's cute smelly bare feet and armpits!
>>
>>83927770
>interesting concepts, themes, and world building
>fate
>>
>>83927770
>Legendary figures from all throughout history have to fight each other with crazy powers
>somehow they managed to make this concept boring as all fuck

How?
>>
File: 1494666802583.jpg (44KB, 990x822px) Image search: [Google]
1494666802583.jpg
44KB, 990x822px
>>83928041
>just go read capeshit or harry potter.
Also shit, just like the original Fate.

>>83928245
Majority of Japs are shinto and buddhists, retard.
>>
>>83928476
by making all of that second fiddle to generic modern day chunni shit
>>
They aren't good any any of these things

Here are some examples of good world building:
J R R Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings,"

Here are some examples of shit world building:
Anime
>>
File: image.jpg (974KB, 1400x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
974KB, 1400x960px
>>83927770
>dude what if we took an establish theme and concept from another place
>and warp it to fit out autistic Japanese standards of order, honour, rankings and waifus
>>
>>83928520
>Majority of Japs are shinto and buddhists, retard.
? maybe in 1941, not now. Its an extremely atheistic country, on par with china.
>>
>>83928318
>One Piece and Berserk
>putting these in the same sentence

biggest b8 of the year, here's your well deserved (You).
>>
I like anime.
>>
File: 20170615_141036.png (85KB, 716x1039px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_141036.png
85KB, 716x1039px
>>83928614
>Maybe in 1941
Lol no
>>
File: atheist-countries.png (192KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
atheist-countries.png
192KB, 800x624px
>>83928747
>implying cultural tradition is equivalent to a sincere belief
Most Czech still celebrate christmas.
>>
File: anjo gang.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anjo gang.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
The easiest way to find animated Jap-Kino is as follows:

>Is it made by Watanabe?
No
>Is it produced by Madhouse?
No
>Is it made before 2000?
No
>It's weeb shit.
>>
this shit is like 10 years old. do people really take animu this seriously
>>
>>83927969
>Japanese can't act
Nigger, are you serious? Toshiro Mifune is probably top 5 on my all-time actor list.
>>
>>83927969
This.
>>83928041
I'd rather do that than watch anime. Much more entertaining and has higher production value.
>>83927770
you're full of shit. Go back to /a/ and keep hugging your body pillows.
>>83929354
Aparently yes, It's everywhere now. Spreading like herpes.
Weaboos and gamers are two unstoppable strains of herpes.
>>
>>83927770
Fate is the most cancerous anime franchise.
>>
>>83927770

because they draw on mostly western pop culture influences to create a universe and fill it with donut steel and poor writing
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.