[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>any dialogue in a foreign language >foreign movies with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: Rainman.jpg (114KB, 1600x871px) Image search: [Google]
Rainman.jpg
114KB, 1600x871px
>any dialogue in a foreign language
>foreign movies with 100% non-English dialogue

Why the fuck is this a thing? Is it really that hard just doing all of the fucking dialogue in English?
>>
>movie is entirely in english, with subtitles in my language
>have to glue my eyes to the bottom of the screen to fucking READ the dialogue
i bought a film ticket, not a fucking book
>>
>>83911265
It's not the rest of the world's fault that you're too retarded to understand at least a couple of languages.
>>
>>83911265
pic very related i see
>>
>>83911448
>>83911450
>A film, also called a movie, motion picture, theatrical film, or photoplay, is a series of still images which, when shown on a screen, creates the illusion of moving images due to the phi phenomenon.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film

Why do film makers insist on having you read so fucking much? Why take up so much space of the screen to do something so fucking annoying?
>>
>>83911575
>he can't read the subtitles and watch the movie at the same time

Are you clinically disabled or was it your first subtitled movie?
>>
>>83911575
Oh and I forgot to add that nowhere in this article does it say that a film has text splashed all over it on every single scene. Films deal in visuals, not words like a book would. Foreign films are not actually movies
>>
>>83911265
>download "13 Tzameti"
>didn't come with an english srt
>start watching it
>it is in another language
>don't feel like sourcing an srt, just roll with it

It was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It takes talent to cross the language barrier with your movie and still be engaging.
>>
>>83911616
Ever watched a Russian movie where they used something like google translate to do the subs? Or, watch an anime where the translator is actually commenting on the events of the movie as though he's there watching it? Ever know a good bit of the language and you see the subtitles are actually translated incorrectly and really mess with the entire vibe of the movie/show?

That's the worst things I can think of for subs. If you don't know the language at all, go ahead with the dubs. Then you don't have to read anything and you still get the shitty translation.
>>
>>83911265
Is it really that hard to learn more languages than just one, ignorant pathetic obese Ameritard? The whole world laughs at you.
>>
>>83911417
Fucking retard

>Ever watched a Russian movie where they used something like google translate to do the subs? Or, watch an anime where the translator is actually commenting on the events of the movie as though he's there watching it?

No and no. If reading subs withholds you from watching great foreign cinema, you should fuck off and play with your toys or something.
>>
>>83912599

Yes it fucking is. Think of all the English words you know. It's a lot. Then you have to learn new words for every single one of those. It's fucking bullshit.
>>
This is only a problem if you have a reading age of 12
>>
>>83911265
Die globalist scum
>>
>>83911265
Come on, most movies are in English anyway. How do you think non English speakers feel when they watch English movies? Maybe the French are happy to get a film in French every now and then so they don't have to sit and read subtitles.
>>
File: subvdub.png (31KB, 680x672px) Image search: [Google]
subvdub.png
31KB, 680x672px
>>
>>83911852
>download Beasts of no Nation
>its hardcoded with portuguese or some similar shitty subs
>movie baits me twice into believing only a small part is in niggerspeak and that it will turn into english soon
>turned off after 10 mins, still sitting in my backlog
>>
>turn off regular subs
>part in foreign language that is supposed to be subbed is also removed
>have to pause and turn subs on and off every time there is a part in another language
>>
>>foreign movies with 100% non-English dialogue

Fucking amerilards.
>>
File: Mikki.png (65KB, 252x221px) Image search: [Google]
Mikki.png
65KB, 252x221px
>two characters who both are from non english speaking country talking
>both talk in their own language for a while
>then all of a sudden change to english for no reason
>>
>>83912849
>most movies are in English anyway

Most movies on Netflix an in your cinema are in English =/= most movies in the world are in English, you retarded ameriturd
>>
>>83913611
>what are Australian, British and Irish movies
>you
>>
>anglos
Scum.
>>
>>83913690
I worked in Uganda for a few years (before it went to absolute shit) and people would do that on the regular. They'd be speaking in shitty tribal languages then crack into English to explain what they actually meant. English has over 250,000 words, click-click tongue has like 20 different clicks.
>>
>>83912849
USA USA USA
>>
>>83913690
> be in Nordic guild
> everyone speaking their own language
> Join heir discord channel
> they instantly all start speaking English even know im the only one foreign
>>
File: 1486307757695.jpg (88KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486307757695.jpg
88KB, 500x400px
Can you imagine the pure red faced shame that must come on a daily basis with living the way these people do
It would be like having to get a work colleague to tie your shoes or bathe you because you're too incompetent as a supposedly grown adult to actually function by yourself
I mean you're sincerely admitting that you can't read, how do you live with yourself?
>>
>>83914166
Come on man... the whole world speaks English. Why pretend you can't? It's just unnecessary foreign films make you read when it's a movie which should involve little to no reading. It's like expecting you to watch music.

I've never met anyone who couldn't speak English... dickhead...
>>
>>83911265
>action kino opening scene set somewhere foreign with subtitles
> no moonspeak for the rest of the film

Why do they do this?
>>
>>83914075
Nonsense. The reason is different.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code-switching
>>
>>83914280
If foreign people who aren't good at english were to speak it in any kind of serious movie, it would completely ruin the movie due to the goofy ass pronunciations, dialects and accents.

Can you imagine watching something like Oldboy with all the characters speaking in broken as fuck gook english?
>>
File: American education.jpg (79KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
American education.jpg
79KB, 449x600px
>>
>>83914280
I can't decide between /pol/, actual autism, or elaborate bait.
Americans may all be morbidly obese, the world still doesn't revolve around you.
>>
>>83914280
You're a fucking idiot mate. When the Japanese make videogames which are set in a country outside of Japan they make all the dialogue in the foreign language and subtitle it in their own. Even British film directors manage to do stuff like this, Gareth Evans (a Welshman) has made films in Japanese and Indonesian. It's called artistic integrity, and not being a nation full of fat fucking arrogant morons. Outside of the US, dubs are only used for TV shows and films made for literal babies.
>>
File: 1423704932092.jpg (183KB, 1200x587px) Image search: [Google]
1423704932092.jpg
183KB, 1200x587px
>>
>>83914599
>artistic integrity

More like autistic integrity

Like I watched three colours blue today, and I seen the actress who is the main charcter talk english in other movies.. Why is she talking French now? I shut the movie off immediately

>>83914378
>Can you imagine watching something like Oldboy with all the characters speaking in broken as fuck gook english?

Either that or me and 330 other Americans will refuse to watch the film, simple
>>
>>83914420
wtf those cogs won't even turn
>>
>>83914789
English isn't even an official language in your country, you stupid mutt. You're lucky half your country's movies aren't in Spanish considering half your population speak it.
>>
>>83914789
>Either that or me and 330 other Americans will refuse to watch the film, simple
Well, suit yourself.
>>
>>83911622
By that logic, movies shouldn't have sound either-
>>
>>83914881
>You're lucky half your country's movies aren't in Spanish considering half your population speak it.

Yeah but everyone here speak English. Not too many speak Spanish so who gives a fuck.

Comprende you fucking faggot?

>>83914911
>Well, suit yourself.

Well whoever made old man boy or whatever that weaboo shit is cucking themselves because they will never get a sequel let alone a franchise, because >muh integrity. It's English or fuck off
>>
>Americans can't read slow as fuck subtitles from their peripheral vison as they watch a film.

>There exist American's too lazy and stupid to read.

Top Kek
>>
>>83911943
>Download ghost in the shell innocence when its first released in japan
>Find some random fansub
>Every other line of dialogue has foot notes explaining the cultural significance or origin of a reference
>Often longer than the line of dialogue on the screen
>During long winded expository monologues about existential angst
>Turns into a wall of multicolored text finishing an explanation to something that happened 15 seconds ago
>Starting two more
>Lose track of dialogue and footnotes
>wtf.jpg
Fucking fansubs.
>>
>>83912849
>Maybe the French are happy to get a film in French every now and then so they don't have to sit and read subtitles
Everything is dubbed in France. If you don't live in Paris it's an adventure to find a kinoplex that shows non dubbed movies.
>>
>>83915068
>Well whoever made old man boy or whatever that weaboo shit is cucking themselves because they will never get a sequel let alone a franchise, because >muh integrity. It's English or fuck off

Well whoever made old man boy or whatever that weaboo shit is cucking themselves because they will never get a sequel let alone a franchise, because >muh integrity. It's English or fuck off

Just shows how uneducated you are. Oldboy is part of a "trilogy" consisting of Oldboy, Sympathy For Mr Vengeance and Sympathy For Lady Vengeance. All 3 are critically acclaimed movies and the director, Chan-wook Park, is hailed as a top tier movie makers in the whole world.
>>
>>83915209
oh wow you really showed me why don't you fucking KILL yourself you weaboo faggot

Have you heard of a little trilogy called Rush Hour? the amount of fucking nips and chinks in that movie and they all turned around and said 'let's do this, but English."

Guess what happened? Massive hit, great, funny movies. Infinitely better in every way than your weaboo faggot ass shit. When will weaboos learn?
>>
I enjoy the musicality of foreign languages even if I don't understand them. The actor's talent, expression permeates the language barrier.
>>
>>83915166
It is nice if they have multiple sub tracks. One for everything. One for signs only. One for notations, etc. That's kind of rare though.
>>
>>83913690
People do do this though. Maybe you need to spend some time away from Whitesville, USA and get some Vitamin D(iversity) once in awhile...
>>
File: TopKek.jpg (2MB, 2660x3000px) Image search: [Google]
TopKek.jpg
2MB, 2660x3000px
>>83915416
>Rush Hour

Too obvious. You ruined the b8. You had a good thing going but you now have fucked up. Pack it up, try harder tomorrow.

I give you a C+
>>
>implying the dialogue actually matters
Get a load of this pleb
>>
>>83915570
So you're telling me the german high command during the allied invasion just randomly switch between german and english?
I guess you learn something new every day.
>>
>>83914351
No in the context of the vast majority of non-arabic speaking Africans, they will frequently switch to english or french for the purposes of vocabulary.
>>
>>83915048
>implying the talkie didn't ruin cinema
>>
>>83915629
Why not? The russian constantly switched between russian and french when fighting Napoleon on 1812 and on the war of the Third Coalition.
>>
>>83915629
They might have.

Faggot, I assume that guy / you meant just two normal people in a modern setting, not two generals seventy years ago. Of course shit was different back then; they might be switching between German and a regional language or Dutch or some shit (if they both knew it).

This has happened for millennia. The ancient Romans knew Latin but generally used Greek because everyone knew it across the Empire, but I am sure they would slip in and out of using Latin at times because why not if your friend understands it too.
>>
>>83911265
Are you some kind of new retard?
>>
Everyone watching dubbed movies should fuck off immediately because you're barely sentient
>>
>>83915889
Didnt the Romans want to "Romanize" everything? I imagine they'd do the same with the language
>>
>>83911265
Why doesn't everyone in the world just speak English anyway? It is the superior language.
>>
>>83915994
Nope, not even close. English is a dirty mixed breed language spoken by peasants who made it up after being raped by Vikings, Saxons, and the French.

And this is coming from an Anglophone.
>>
>>83916107
You forgot the Romans.
It's still the superior language.
>>
>>83915994
Love is the superior language
>>
>>83916107
that is what makes it superious, you fucking idiot
>>
>>83916187
Nope. As someone who has traveled the globe the most pleasing languages to have blessed my ears are Icelandic, Japanese, and Gaelic.
>>
>>83916323
youre an idiot
>>
>>83916293
Getting pilliaged and raped by different cultures for centuries so much that you end up composing a language based on all the cultures that ever forced their cock down your throat before they stole your property and wife is the superior language?

Ultimate Cuck.
>>
>>83916410
Maybe but I'm rich, so eat a dick nigger.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.