[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gotham National Bank Manager: Do you have any idea who you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: bank.jpg (25KB, 480x281px) Image search: [Google]
bank.jpg
25KB, 480x281px
>Gotham National Bank Manager: Do you have any idea who you are, Stea Lingfrom? You and your friends are dead!

Is this one of the most underrated reveal in film history? Nolan's love for twist reveals isn't just a gimmick like Shyamalan's use of them, but it's deeply tied to his recurring thematic obsessions, the cerebral labyrinths, the intellectual games around the mysteries of one's Identity and Memories, and the concept of Time. Stea's amnesia is a continuation of Guy Pearce's character in Memento. His wearing a mask is highly symbolic: he doesn't remember that he and his friends were dead all along (this denial of one's death and the traumatic grief/memory glitches that follows can be seen in Insomnia and Inception to some extent), he "hides" his true self. However when the bank manager reminds him of this essential truth, he manages to find Himself, he can now achieve psychological inner peace and gets Reborn. Stea's journey culminates in him finally removing the mask (his visage is abnormally pale, as a sign of his undead state), but if you remember correctly, indeed all his friends remain dead (they never take off the "masks", which "blinds" them, if you will), as they have not been able to triumph over their former traumas (I assume they all died in a bus accident, hence the subconcious re-playing of the trauma at the end) in order to regain their lost identity/memory. Much more subtle and thematically deep that Bruce Willis' realization at the end of The Sixth Sense imo, and also brilliantly subverted by having the reveal at the BEGINNING instead of the end, which btw is classic Nolan. His subversion of narrative structure is also part of the brilliance of Memento and Inception. His films are psychological, intellectual labyrinths.
>>
>>83907735
dumb frogposter
>>
File: 1483675798472.png (105KB, 663x525px) Image search: [Google]
1483675798472.png
105KB, 663x525px
>>83907761
>>
>>83907735
>You and your friends are dead!
Uh, you don't get to bring friends
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 250x140px
>I'm Dunn Hier

More proof of the importance of identity in this scene
>>
File: alfred.jpg (131KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
alfred.jpg
131KB, 1600x1200px
What did Alfred mean when he was talking about his good friend Attan Gerine?

Was Attan the one who burned the forest down with no survivors?
>>
File: the jester.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the jester.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>I just want Miph Owncall.

Why did the Joker ask for Mr. Owncall at this crucial juncture in the story before Owncall had even been introduced as a supporting character? Did Nolan want to exaggerate the sense of chaos that was being felt by the audience by making the plot as unpredictable as possible?
>>
>>83907906
Truly, a tragic figure. Such a gifted and talented individual destined to be great, but oh woe, befell by his own hubris. Visionary director Christopher Nolan at his best.
>>
>>83909260
Miph Owncall was God
>>
Comfy meme
>>
>>83907735
I keep forgetting McConaughey was in this.
>>
>>83910019
>>83909381
So that's why he was shooting at God
>>
That's a legit interesting interpretation but I highly doubt it was intentional
>>
>>83910087
Holy shit..
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.