[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Peggy supposed to be attractive on the show? The other guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: the king did not order this.jpg (429KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the king did not order this.jpg
429KB, 800x1200px
Was Peggy supposed to be attractive on the show? The other guys would talk about like she was hot but I don't quite see it.
>>
>>83899052
if she was, they would've cast someone attractive.
>>
I always thought they spoke about her like that because they thought she'd be an easy lay because she's not very attractive.
>>
I want Peggy (Mad Men) and Peggy (Married with Children) to Peg me
>>
>fucks a married man
>accidentally gets pregnant with his child
>ditches her OWN BABY to be raised by her sister

Selfish, amoral cunt. Hate that character. Emblematic of the ugliness of this show.
>>
>>83899327
Also how stupid do you have to be to not realise you were pregnant? It was the 60's, not 10,000 BC.
>>
>>83899052
you know nothing about giving pleasure to a girl like a true beta would know.
>>
>>83899052
No, even if the first episodes, Joan tells Peggy the only reason the junior execs are hitting on her is because she's the new girl. And since she's ugly she should just enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>83899347

I took it more as she basically blocked it out of her own mind to the point of repressing it
>>
>>83899327
>ditches her own baby to be raised by her sister
That's not what happened.
>>
File: ab5c5236b39ed95ff8d4534fa2062931.jpg (100KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
ab5c5236b39ed95ff8d4534fa2062931.jpg
100KB, 736x1104px
>>83899294
I want these two.
>>
File: Alison_pill_newsroom.jpg (32KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
Alison_pill_newsroom.jpg
32KB, 332x500px
How about Alison pills character on newsroom.

seems like every guy is fawning over her but I don't see it myself
>>
>>83899072
Bingo, bazinga, etc
>>
>>83901851
She almost looks like one of those shops were you reduce the size of a persons features.
>>
>>83900835

Yes it is.
>>
>>83901910
Olison poll.
>>
>We call girls like that lobsters...
>>
File: o-MAD-MEN-BOB-BENSON-facebook[1].jpg (483KB, 1536x2304px) Image search: [Google]
o-MAD-MEN-BOB-BENSON-facebook[1].jpg
483KB, 1536x2304px
More importantly what the fuck was the point of this guy? There was the thing with Pete's mom and the parallels with Draper but none of it seemed to go anywhere. His presence is the only flaw in the show. There's all these mysteries around him but no pay-off - that I remember at least. I'm re-watching the series and I'm just at the end of season 6 so maybe my opinion will change after.
>>
>>83902143
Every show needs a 3rd token gay character.

But seriously everytime I don't understand something in the show then i just assume it went over my head.
>>
>>83902143
Agreed, he was definitely out of place
>>
>>83901851
Jesus fuck I thought that was a photoshop
>>
>>83899450
>giving pleasure to a girl
>not using them selfishly for your own pleasure

Found the beta cuck
>>
>>83899327
>Emblematic of the ugliness of this show.

isn't that kind of the point?
>>
>>83899052
She's the kinda ugly girl you want to rape
>>
>>83901913
No it isn't.

>There seems to be some confusion over one aspect of “Mad Men.” In the show’s Sunday finale, Peggy told Pete that she had had his baby and had given it away.

>All season long, fans of the show have been speculating about whether Peggy’s sister is raising the baby that Peggy had with Pete. And that was intentional, creator Matthew Weiner said. “I mislead the audience all over the place, and that’s the fun of the show. I give out little bits of information at a time and then play on that,” he said in an interview on Monday.

>I asked him if Peggy’s sister is raising Peggy’s baby, and he said, no, that is not the case. Peggy’s sister was pregnant when Peggy had her baby, and the sister gave birth around the same time. Her youngest child is her own child; the sister is not raising Peggy’s offspring.

>Again, just to be clear: Peggy’s baby is not being raised by her sister. That child was given up for adoption.
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/10/mad-men-peggy-b.html
>>
>>83902143
he was a man with no credentials or experience who managed to "sell" his way into advertising through sheer force of will. all of the questions about him were addressed and answered.

this enrages pete because pete also has no experience or credentials but has been literally handed his entire life because of his name. also some homophobia

the show in general goes no where because weiner has no problem with advertising as a profession/concept and sees now flaw with allowing drunken disillusioned profiteers to define every aspect of a society's culture.
>>
>>83903234

Ok My bad.

What the fuck was the point of that though? Just reeks of pretentiousness.
>>
JUST TRY IT
>>
>>83903300
It's all to show how big of piece of shit Peggy is.
>>
>>83903234
oh look, more evidence in support of authors keeping their stupid fucking mouths shut.

literally nothing indicates the sister was pregnant and everything is built around the idea her sister is raising her child.
>>
>>83899052
I'd fuck her.
>>
>>83903300
It's to constantly remind Peggy, and to a lesser extnet the audience, about her decision to give up the baby. It's similar to when you do something wrong and you constantly feel reminded of your guilt by small interactions in life. She doesn't constantly talk about her baby because she tries to ignore it, but her feelings about it constantly arise throughout the show.
>>
She divorced Fred armisen because he was a weirdo.
>>
>>83903333
Well done
>>
>>83903384
I thought he divorced her because she's a crazy Scientologist.
>>
File: zoom.jpg (291KB, 995x500px) Image search: [Google]
zoom.jpg
291KB, 995x500px
>>83901851
>>
>>83903344
Babby's first red herring
>>
>>83901851
her face is way too small for her head
>>
>>83903378
because people are constantly acting like the sister is raising her kid

hell they specifically go into how she was deemed unfit to make any sort of decisions regarding the child so its perfectly reasonable the child would be given to the sister.
>>
>>83903419
But it's misleading for no purpose at all, it doesn't even matter if the babby is with her sister or someone else.
>>
>>83903447
its not even misleading, literally everything on the subject indicates the sister is raising her kid. Then the writer is saying, completely outside the show, with nothing in the show to support this idea, "oh she gave the kid up for adoption, what a twist! foolsied yous!"
>>
>>83903469
I think they did that so Pete couldn't potentially claim his baby, ( even though he wouldn't any way)
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.