[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Today, 30 content creators and entertainment companies announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (61KB, 630x415px)
image.jpg
61KB, 630x415px
> Today, 30 content creators and entertainment companies announced that they have teamed up to fight piracy. The coalition, called ACE -- Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment -- includes the likes of Amazon, HBO, Netflix and Twentieth Century Fox.

The goal, according to ACE's press release, is to build on ongoing efforts to curtail piracy and in that regard, the group will utilize its members' expertise as well as the that of the Motion Picture Association of America. ACE will conduct research and work with law enforcement as part of its anti-piracy efforts.

The group said that as digital entertainment continues to grow, so does the threat of piracy, adding that last year, streaming piracy sites raked in a whopping 21.4 billion visits. And there has been some high profile pirating of late. In April, a hacker stole the latest season of Netflix's Orange is the New Black, held it for ransom and released most of the episodes when they didn't get what they wanted. Last month, Disney was the target of a similar attack. Though, if you want to make money from a stolen feature film, you should probably pick something better than the fifth installment of the increasingly lame Pirates of the Caribbean series.

What kind of impact ACE will actually have on piracy will remain to be seen and the group has been pretty vague about its strategies. But with so many big names jumping into the alliance, it's at least pretty clear that they're taking it seriously.
>>
Let's provide tips for ACE. How can they best stop piracy?
>>
>>83896825
Release their product on a pay what you want platform
>>
>>83896860
I'm being serious, not le ironic le information wants to be le free.

HBO has been pretty effective in shutting down piracy in several realms. HBO shuts down fucking FTP sites. I think, with a little advice from the community, we might be able to end piracy forever.
>>
>>83896912
how about I end your fucking life forever?
>>
>>83896912
That's not ironic, pwyw is very effective. People are sheep and will throw cash at shit if it feels like they're rewarding "good will"
>>
Have pirates ever not won? Besides that Mega guy who had a fortress and still got caught.
>>
>>83897009
What are some active links to HBO series which you can pirate right now without having to put on a virtual condom to not get in trouble and also are verified as not being intentionally corrupted to fuck with pirates?

HBO's anti-piracy strategy is comprehensive and they will only benefit by partnering with allies
>>
>>83897112
I don't know... I have a free HBOgo account. The streams I have used for other shit has been troublesome lately but I always find a working link.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.