[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are reshoots considered such a big deal to the extent that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Why are reshoots considered such a big deal to the extent that people who aren't part of the crew and as such can't have experienced the filming process like to blame them for ruining films?

It's like, the word reshoot is used and Fuckwad Film Critic A is like "OH FUCK, this film is RUINED." Like, how the fuck do you know that's what was responsible? Were you there? And yet every Tom, Dick and Jane writes a million articles and posts about "reshoots."
>>
Clickbait because of the misinterpretation of the word. Pickups are the better term to use to keep things neutral, but reshoots imply a whole host of things that get people riled up.
>>
>>83893312
Hell, I don't even know what a pickup is. I imagine using that word would not only not get them clicks but it would leave people confused. It's all fucking stupid really.
>>
I think it gives off the impression of "they're panicking because the movie didn't turn out the way they wanted it to" but honestly, I'm gonna assume that reshoots are way more fommon than most people think and a lot of movies that are now considered food or great have had them to some degree.
>>
>>83893746
Yeah, if anything it seems likely that they happen all the time and it feels like we only hear about it because some people are more open about how their films are made.
>>
"ROGUE ONE SUX BECAUSE RESHOOTS! BLACK PEOPLE! UHHHGGGHH DISNEY JEWS!" - Fuckface McGee
>>
This is the highest concentration of industry shills I've seen on a single thread today.
>>
>>83894139
Oh look, it's OP trying to get his dead thread attention with a shitstirring post.
>>
>>83894037

Honestly, Reshoots probably barely salvaged it. Word is the original cut was too dark and with how utterly joyless the finished movie is I dread to see what the original version looked like.
>>
>>83894300
Really? I heard the original cut had them surviving somehow and Disney was like "Why not have them die, it makes more sense."
>>
>>83894521
H.
>>
SHOOT
>>
>>83893237
Reshoots aren't a big deal in and of themselves.

When a studio has between 50% and 70% of a movie reshot ahead of its release (Rogue One, Batman V Superman, Suicide Squad, etc) and with a ghost director and new writers (Christopher McQuarrie, Rogue One), THEN it becomes an issue.
>>
Reshoots mean there were disagreements about the original cut. Basically it means there are 2 different visions for the film. Generally conflicted visions make a worse movie than a united one. Also, reshoots are often in response to private screenings, meaning it's lowest common denominator trash.

Basically, a piece of art would never need "reshoots". Products do.
>>
>>83897775
Aren't "art movies" the ones that most often get private screenings? Which lead to people saying completely idiotic things, of course.
>>
>>83893237
If you need to take reshoot it usually means one of two things.

Director lacks freedom of expression and is forced to do whatever producers tell him to

or

You lack confidence or actual talent in your craft so you have to do it all over again.

Either way reshoots rarely help.
>>
>>83898336
Why do I factor into reshoots, again?
>>
>>83893237
because people are dumb and will believe anything they read
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.