[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did you think of the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: kaya.gif (500KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
kaya.gif
500KB, 500x264px
what did you think of the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

Better than the last movie.
>>
Everything with based Barbosa and his daughter was great. Too bad there wasn't that much of it in the movie. New male lead was okay. Depp once again is the least interesting part of the movie, though the villain came close to being just as uninteresting.

I liked it more than the last one and the third one. Might see the next one but with how it ended, I'm thinking the sixth might end up the worst in the series.
>>
>>83892159
I completely agree. Depp doesn't even need to be in these movies anymore.
>>
>>83892660
They just can't get Jack's character right. He was the worst part of this movie, wish he was more like the neutral trickster side character he was in the first movie.

That being said, the scene with young Jack was great. The movie was just ok though, not bad, but nothing special. Soundtrack was good though. And holy shit that chick who played Carina was hot, those tits were 10/10
>>
>>83892736
Yeah he was the best in the 1st and has just gotten worse as the series has progressed. Young Jack scene was good.

Kaya Scodelario plays Carina, she was a nice addition.
>>
Her face reminds me of Michael Jackson
>>
>>83892736
>>83892660

Yeah, young Jack was surprisingly not the most terrible part of the movie, like I was afraid it would be. Even though I said Depp was the least interesting part, ironically the not-Depp Jack was the most interesting version for several movies now. I almost don't want it to be praised to spare us a goddamn Young Jack prequel.

Kinda cool to find out his costume was stuff he got from his first successful act as captain. He never got rid of it after all these years and you could say he's always had problems letting go of stuff he remembers fondly (almost applicable to Depp the actor at this point).

I'm sure it'll all be forgotten next movie though.
>>
>>83891810
It was fucking great. Lacked the freshness of the first or second but the new emotional side made up for it. Carina was the biggest surprise, expected her to be a boring fill in character like Henry or a Elizabeth clone but she stands on her own. Salazar was great too, until the end a least. It's a shame we probably saw the last of him. Depp is indeed a lot less interesting than in the first but given the timeline it makes perfect sense and now they can slowly push him to the side character he was always supposed to be.

8.5/10 it is.

Now can someone explain me why Burger seem to hate it so much compared to the others?
>>
>>83891810
>the bullshit safe scene
>the disjointed plot
>jack's general alcoholic demeanor

didn't like it. the plot seemed like it just didn't fit right. jack sparrow wasn't the functioning boozer he was in the old movies and that pissed me off. the slo mo scenes pissed me off even further. also i know it's a movie, but there's no way a team of horses could drag a safe weighing a ton plus through the town like that. worst pirate movie yet.
>>
>>83894743
>but there's no way a team of horses could drag a safe weighing a ton plus through the town like that
http://modernfarmer.com/2015/12/how-much-can-a-horse-pull/

I must admit it seemed a tad unrealistic too but given how shoddy the materials for houses were, it seems possible.

>jack sparrow wasn't the functioning boozer
That's more realism for you. He's 55 or so in the movie. Given alcoholism and horrible nutrition of that period, specially on ships, Jack is still way too lively if anything.
>>
>>83891810
I like seeing her neck muscles move like that
>>
Steaming pile of horse shit DESU I got memed into seeing it. Worst 5 bucks of my life
>>
That setpiece with the spinning guillotine was a lot of fun.
>>
>>83891810
Needed more Salazar
>>
Once the cursed crew of Salazar became human again they could have swim their way to the top right?
Just put your head outside the water and swim up?
>>
>>83895730
Yeah, really liked that sequence
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.