[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>So was Chuck right all along? >After tonights episode,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 48

File: SlippinJimmyMcGill.jpg (64KB, 490x345px) Image search: [Google]
SlippinJimmyMcGill.jpg
64KB, 490x345px
>So was Chuck right all along?
>After tonights episode, how could you favor Jimmy as a good character?
>Or is he an anti hero?
>>
>tfw I still haven't seen the latest episode of this or twin peaks because I watch them with my friend who is a nigger and keeps getting too hungover to wake up at a decent time before I work
>>
Neither Chuck nor Jimmy is 'good'; both are flawed. Chuck plays by the rules but is immoral, and Jimmy disregards the rules, often to obtain a more moral end - at least as his interests are concerned. But Jimmy's behaviour also illustrates why we have rules (laws): they keep people from relativising morality for their own selfish ends.

One of the things this show does well is it uses compelling characters to examine deeper philosophical quandaries - in this case the age old law versus morality debate.

But getting back to your point, Jimmy - now well into his transformation to Saul Goodman - is a bad person, just as Walter White was in Breaking Bad. He knows he's doing wrong, but he does it anyway - simply because he likes it.
>>
>>83879723
Who cares if he's a "good" character?

I think con artists are cool as fuck and want him to do shady shit. It just makes me like him more.
>>
>>83879723
>Vince is literally making a walter white arc again
>>
>>83879723
The tension the dialogues carry is the best part of the show.
>That Chuck-Hamlin scene
>Nacho and his father
I felt I could have cried.
>>
His name is Sneed now.
>>
>>83879723
It's the same as BB where the protagonist becomes the antagonist over the course of the show, just not quite as dark.
>>
>>83880916
>I felt I could have cried
haha you little bitch want to cry? wah wah haha loser go eat your tampons
>>
>>83881044
So far...
>>
File: 1491757769616.jpg (24KB, 401x271px) Image search: [Google]
1491757769616.jpg
24KB, 401x271px
>tfw Chuck enlists the help of Jimmy and his scoundrel tactics to take down HHM
>tfw Howard enlists the help of Jimmy and his scoundrel tactics to take down Chuck
>>
I felt really bad for Irene, even if it was just a short term thing.
>>
>>83881500
Irene is an old bitch who had it coming. 100% guarantee because of her age she's a Trump supporter. So you shouldn't feel bad
>>
>>83881044
Until Jimmy lets Chuck joke to death on vomit in his sleep.
>>
>>83880137
>Neither Chuck nor Jimmy is 'good'; both are flawed. Chuck plays by the rules but is immoral, and Jimmy disregards the rules, often to obtain a more moral end - at least as his interests are concerned. But Jimmy's behaviour also illustrates why we have rules (laws): they keep people from relativising morality for their own selfish ends.

i don't see vince trying to follow the textbook on dualism. If it were then I don't think the show would be as good as it is.

No, vince is doing a better job of what he did with walter white. While WW went through a transformation, you never got as personally invested in him as you do with Jimmy.

Jimmy is a flawed character because he has no problem taking advantage of suckers, finding shortcuts, and generally playing by his own rules. He's a fun character and he's got a lot of drive and a big heart.

You initially fall in love with him and identify with him when he breaks the rules because the system is rigged anyway, right?

The beauty of this show is that YOU ALREADY KNOW that he's going to become a completely crooked lawyer with no moral compass.

That duality Team Chuck vs Team Jimmy or chaos vs order or light vs dark bullshit doesn't apply here. Chucks an pompous asshole who pushed his brother to retaliate by doing what he knows best. Don't overcomplicate it, just enjoy the sausage-making process.
>>
>>83881539
Fuck off jimmy, leave Irene alone
>>
>>83881679
I licked those cookies I gave her
>>
>>83881539
Calm down Rosie you greedy jew, she's gonna sign it.
>>
>>83879723
They're both 2 pieces of shit really.
>>
>>83881500
>Dumb as bricks
Would probably die and not see any money if the case isn't settled.
>Inconsiderate
Never told her friends about the offer or asked their opinion.

Her stupidity and obliviousness are almost as bad as Jimmy's actions.
>>
>>83881660
I don't see that we really disagree here. My point still stands that both characters are flawed, but they are flawed in different ways. Chuck is vindictive in a way that Jimmy simply is not, but Jimmy has no qualms ignoring the rules, i.e. laws, to get ahead or just have some fun being a con man. Furthermore, just because we know Jimmy is going to turn out rotten doesn't mean that he's already at this point. There is a progression towards evil here and, just like with Walt, Jimmy rationalises his illegal and often immoral behaviour, despite knowing full well that he acts the way he does because he enjoys being a con man.
>>
>>83881862
Her stupidity and obliviousness are exactly why she deserves what she gets. Just be lucky it's someone as nice as Jimmy who did all the heavy lifting and is still watching out for all those old ladies as a whole, even if they are the 2nd priority
>>
>>83882096
She's a senior citizen, not an idiot. And Jimmy did what he did for his own benefit. Really can't defend his actions.
>>
>>83880137
>in this case the age old law versus morality debate.
This is only a dichotomy in your D&D games. Everyone knows morality is relative and the law is just the stuff we can all agree on ("we" being the majority of any given country).

>>83881660
>The beauty of this show is that YOU ALREADY KNOW that he's going to become a completely crooked lawyer with no moral compass.
>show is called Breaking Bad
>hur dur I wonder where they're going with this

It's a decent show but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's pretty much BB minus the explosions. It's about as deep as a puddle.
>>
>>83882415
We often agree on a moral principle but disagree when it is absolutely applied as written law.
>>
File: fps_doug_owned.gif (223KB, 440x284px) Image search: [Google]
fps_doug_owned.gif
223KB, 440x284px
>>83881480
>tfw Jimmy takes the best from both worlds, cashses out, and becomes Saul
>>
>>83882566
If it's a moral principle then it should be absolutely applied every time without exception. Can you give me an example of what you're talking about?
>>
>>83883124
Most people would agree that keeping your word, whether written or spoken, is the right thing to do. However, in contract law there is considerable disagreement regarding the extent to which individuals should be able to rely on their strict contractual rights to prevent someone from backing out of an agreement. This would be the case where one party had more knowledge or expertise than the other. Morality and its application in law is not as clear cut as you think.
>>
>>83884162
Hence my point that Chuck is immoral despite staying within the confines of the law. This show isn't simply using the law as a prop, the law is part of the message.
>>
>>83881961
yeah we don't really dissagree but the dichotomy stuff doesn't fit.

I'm not a drama/film/literary scholar or anything, but I think that chuck and kim could be consider foils. Chck s vindictive where Jimmy isn't (or wasn't... you could argue that Jimmy has reverted to Slippin' Jimmy and is becoming Saul). I think that Jimmy is going to eventually have Chuck committed and fans of the show will hate him for it. Look at the boards last night, anons were crying about how they feel sorry for Chuck as if they don't know who Jimmy will become.

And as for Kim, she follows the rules just like Chuck and is very hard working just like Jimmy. I'm guessing that she is ultimately going to break ties with Jimmy when he finally crosses that line and she can no longer justify being associated with him or even knowing him.
>>
Jimmy railing Francesca when?
>>
>>83885202
>as if they don't know who Jimmy will become.

Why do all of you treat Saul as though he's going to become a villain?

Maybe I just don't seem to remember him killing people in BB?
He helped launder some money, so what? Doesn't make him a bad person.
>>
>>83884162
There are two separate moral principles at play here: full disclosure and keeping your word. Obviously if you were given a raw deal then you should be able to opt out of it. The question here is whether the contract constitutes a raw deal, which is dependent on the circumstances. The principle is the same, it's the amount of evidence and the power of your defense team that varies. Not saying the court always gets it right, but that's due to human error, not the law being too flexible.
>>
>>83885331
>he can't remember the multiple times he recommended sending people to Belize
>>
>>83885446
No. Jog my memory.

Is "sending people to Belize" an American saying for "killing people"?
>>
>>83885500
Yes you fucking retard that is made abundantly clear in Breaking Bad.
>>
>>83885331
refresh my memory, what was Saul's first suggestion with how to handle Badger?
This very soon after telling him he'd get him out of prison?

That, and I don't remember him practicing elder law in BB, so don't count on him not screwing over the old people
>>
>>83881500
Yeah, that shit was heart breaking.

>>83881652
>joke to death
>>
>>83882415
>the law is just the stuff we can all agree on
jej
>>
>>83885520
>>83885527
Either way, I don't remember him personally killing people.

You can recommend it all you want, but the only bad person is the one who follows through on it.

You guys need to learn some morality.
>>
>>83885331
according to THE LAW it does m8.
>>
Oh boo hoo, he made some old lady upset in order to get money he was owed. Big fucking deal, why are people treating this like Jimmy went into that retirement home and shot it up or something? Was what he did morally wrong? Yes, but it was for his own good, and for the good of the people in the retirement home who were already old, and not likely to live long enough to see that money anyways. At least now they'll see it. It also has the bonus of fucking over HMM even more and thus Chuck.
>>
>>83885365
The point is that the law does not perfectly encapsulate what each individual, or even a random sample of individuals in a given society, would consider morally proper conduct. To say that one is 'staying one step ahead of the law' implies that one is acting legally but nonetheless engaging in immoral conduct. Conversely, sometimes we feel it is unjust for individuals to face legal punishment - for instance, in controversial self-defence cases - but we still follow the law.
>>
>>83885624
Just because something is illegal doesn't make you a bad person for doing it.

Jaywalking even in the middle of the night, when there are no cars around is still a crime. Do you think if you do that, you're morally a bad person? No. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>83885606
Ok, assuming you're right, which you aren't, but assuming you are, then let's just say that Jimmy becomes the type of lawyer that everyone except dirty criminals hates.

He's already been a bottom feeder, now he's going to just become an actual criminal with a law degree.
>>
>>83885693
THE LAW
>>
>>83885653
And Walt cooked meth for his family... We all know how ridiculous that excuse was. Kim told Jimmy she would cover his rent, but he wouldn't let her. True, he tried to make the money himself out of pride, but an honest person would have accepted her offer once it became clear that the only alternative to get the money was conning old people.
>>
>>83885693
Kind of a moot point. You're saying that just because a person commits a crime they're not a bad person, just a person who committed a crime.

ok, but we already know that Saul Goodman is a bad person as established in BB
>>
I made the mistake of looking at Bob Odenkirk's twitter.
>>
Was Saul drinking the same brand of alcohol that gus gives to don eladio?
>>
File: kimacute3.png (278KB, 835x653px) Image search: [Google]
kimacute3.png
278KB, 835x653px
>her face when she see's ernestos bbc
>>
>>83885987
tell me what scarred your retinas anon
>>
>>83886043
>where did he hid the pill bottle?
Hispanics tend to have smaller than average cocks
>>
>>83886022
Yes.
>>
>it's the Jimmy slowly becomes the antihero season
>>
File: proud autist.jpg (91KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
proud autist.jpg
91KB, 1080x720px
>>83885987
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SOMEONE DOESN'T CONFORM TO MY RETARDED POLITICAL STANCES! DROPPED! FUCKING LEFTIST LIBKEK LIBRULS PRAISE KEK XD
>>
>>83886053

I dislike my 'celebs' being all preachy on the politics regardless of what side they are on.

twitter was a mistake.
>>
File: 284091.png (820KB, 826x711px) Image search: [Google]
284091.png
820KB, 826x711px
>>83885987
whelp, looks like I'm on team Chuck permanently
>>
File: The Clown VOY.jpg (148KB, 628x417px) Image search: [Google]
The Clown VOY.jpg
148KB, 628x417px
>>83885527
>killing a degenerate drug dealer who confuses DS9 and Voyager lore makes you a villain
>>
File: 1496816885574.jpg (62KB, 252x292px) Image search: [Google]
1496816885574.jpg
62KB, 252x292px
>>83886079
>It's another Lydia episode
>>
>>83886107
So you were basically... "triggered?" Might want to get back to your safe space over at /pol/.
>>
File: 1413842629450.png (251KB, 542x390px) Image search: [Google]
1413842629450.png
251KB, 542x390px
How did Kim's car jump forward in time like that?
>>
File: roaches.jpg (5KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
roaches.jpg
5KB, 208x250px
>old people are just a game to me
Vince is exposing the boomer menace, don't feel bad for old people
>>
>>83885969
>ok, but we already know that Saul Goodman is a bad person as established in BB

That was never established.

You guys have just been brainwashed by the "lawyers are evil" trope
>>
>>83886142

Not triggered enough to save a directory of 'kek' images my friend.

Please feel free to mash another hilarious reply out on your keyboard with your fat fingers.
>>
File: Alien Cuck.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Cuck.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
So, Chuck's actor was also the voice of the Alien King that Roger cucked?

Does he ever play a non-cucked character?
>>
>>83885686
>The point is that the law does not perfectly encapsulate what each individual, or even a random sample of individuals in a given society, would consider morally proper conduct

It was never meant to, that's not even possible. It is simply majority rule. That some will find a way to cover their tracks is neither here nor there. It's morality vs morality, not law vs morality. Again, false dichotomy.
>>
>>83881480
they actually do look really alike apart from the eyes, based on facial features. ignore skin color
>>
>>83886200
not the case. You're just one of those people that likes to go down with the ship.

so now that I've seen what you have to say:

Wtf, I love Saul Goodman now!
>>
File: kimcrash.webm (562KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
kimcrash.webm
562KB, 640x360px
>>83886155
she fell asleep, but vince is such a master mind that he filmed the scene from the PoV of the driver who fell asleep at the wheel without knowing they fell asleep
>>
>>83886200

I don't think good people leave behind their old life and get a new identity so they can work in a Cinnabon on the other side of the country
>>
File: underage.png (475KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
underage.png
475KB, 612x816px
>>83886202
>Please feel free to mash another hilarious reply out on your keyboard with your fat fingers.
Best not to project this hard anon.
>>
>>83886393
>seriously using the old, tired "people who work in the glazed cinnamon roll are immoral" argument

I always cringe when that's brought up
>>
>>83881500
Me too, Jimmy making everyone hating on her was fucking over the line, felt too close at home for some reason
>>
>>83886550

Working at Cinnabon in and of itself isn't immoral. Being forced to adopt a new identity and work at Cinnabon because you were the lawyer for the biggest meth kingpin in America and helped him commit tons of crimes so you have to hide for the rest of your life or else you are going to prison for a very long time means you are immoral.
>>
File: 1351271057357.png (39KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1351271057357.png
39KB, 125x125px
>tfw a point will come where kim actively works against jimmy
i don't want it to happen, bros
>>
>>83879723

All things considered Jimmy acted in the best interest of not only himself but the Sandpiper clients as well. The only people who really (financially) lost here are the lawyers at HHM.
>>
>>83879723
Why? Because he upset Irene for a week? Money now is better than money later, especially when you're 80-something. Sure, his primary motive was getting his cut but he also helped those folks.

One thing that bothered me was how he rigged the bingo though. He's alone up there with one little assistant. Why not just call Irene's numbers regardless of what comes up? Same with the shoes - an entire truck full of sizes just so he can make one little off-hand comment about Irene's "new shoes"? What happens if Irene forgets his request and mentions Jimmy gave her the shoes? Now he's outed as a liar.

You might argue Jimmy enjoys the manipulation more than the end result itself but his lack of practicality always ruins the realism for me.
>>
>it's a howard talks with a monotone voice episode

What did Vince mean by this?
>>
>>83885969
>moot
That word doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
File: 1325814834883.jpg (22KB, 272x274px) Image search: [Google]
1325814834883.jpg
22KB, 272x274px
>all of these people arguing that saul isn't a bad person in BB because they fell for his charm and slick presentation
BRAVO VINCE
>>
Anti-hero would be a guy with good intentions but bad methods.

Jimmy is turning from an Anti-villain (shitty goals with muddled to acceptable-to-the-audience methods OR barring that good charisma at a bare minimum) to a true villain (shitty intentions, unlikable to the audience at large, morally reprehensible methods)
>>
>>83886874

people that do this should be permabanned
>>
>>83886886

@83886886
I figured I was gonna get upvoted for using it
>>
>>83886974

Shouldn't be allowed to have more than three post hyperlinks in any post. Make 4chan great again.
>>
>>83886950

I like it, I'm tired of media that's selling point is the protagonist is a bad guy but he's actually got admirable goals or is striving against someone worse than him. Meanwhile Saul is just a selfish shithead.
>>
File: 1411571899835.png (104KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1411571899835.png
104KB, 500x500px
He was always a piece of shit just like everyone else in the show on some level. Whether it's "destiny" or his own selfish reactions to the world fucking him over in a variety of ways Saul Goodman is the real Jimmy McGill and now we see him coming back.
>>
man I just got it

Saul Goodman

>it's all good, man

I don't watch this show so maybe they said it or something but like

woah
>>
>>83887215
no idea what you're talking about

it's just a name, don't look too much into it
>>
File: 1497164883869.jpg (41KB, 909x384px) Image search: [Google]
1497164883869.jpg
41KB, 909x384px
>>83886933
this
>>
>>83887215
t. brainlet
>>
>>83886155
>>83886350
The reason electricity hurts Chuck is because he has powers. He was able to teleport her car across space. Kim dying will be key to him defeating HHM.
>>
>>83887621
Are there any other clues BCS takes place in the Legion universe?
>>
Just finished Nacho owning up to his father, feeling pretty bummed out now.
>>
Damn, I don't want to watch the latest episode brehs, I like Jimmy.
>>
>>83887944

How about finish the fucking episode, you piece of shit, no one wants your play by play.
>>
>>83887988
Just saying, nobody seems to be mentioning it.
>>
File: money.jpg (43KB, 1698x944px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
43KB, 1698x944px
>>83879723
jimmy wanted that cash bad
>>
Why is everyone acting like Jimmy wasn't already the anti-hero?

He's been slipping Jimmy since the first ep
>>
>>83888052
You can trick anyone, but an old lady is too far.

Walter was better than this.
>>
>>83885653
Because they're crying over grandma feelings "booo it feels like it's my grandma :("
>>
>>83879757
>being friends with niggers
>>
>>83888037
why didn't he take it bros?
Howard rekt him so hard with the gollum comparison, there was no saving face.
>>
>>83882415
>Everyone knows morality is relative and the law is just the stuff we can all agree on ("we" being the majority of any given country).
the law isn't "the stuff we can all agree on", the law IS.
>>
>>83886612
And really, the grandma friends are the worst. They could have talked to her, but no, they were petty and judgmental.
>>
>>83886933
Oh fuck off.
You can like and defend a character for good reasons and because you agree with them sometimes. You can't pick characters and say "well, you can only like him because he's charming!"
>>
>>83888084
>making an old lady sad
>worse than killing people
>>
>>83879723
>Or is he an anti hero?

If you are only asking yourself this now then you are a goddamn retard.
He is a fucking crook lawyer. He is eventually involved with meth dealers and the worst kind of scum. Did you retard 'favor' Walther White 'as a good character'?
Go answer your own question.
>>
File: geraldo rivera.jpg (4KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
geraldo rivera.jpg
4KB, 184x184px
he did it for selfish reasons and Irene didn't deserve that, but in the end them settling now is the right thing since half of them will be dead before they collect their extra money for waiting. The law firm are the real selfish ones; not serving their clients best interest. Jimmy saw a way to fuck the law firm/help the grannies(not that he cares about that) and make himself a cool mill. Now watch next episode as it all falls apart and doesn't work out, probably cause he left the bingo balls/magnet behind or something.
>>
Howard is the only decent character. All he ever did was try to do right by his friends and colleagues and they all end up shitting on him. Everyone else is a fucking asshole.
>>
File: 1462590696657.png (224KB, 770x1379px) Image search: [Google]
1462590696657.png
224KB, 770x1379px
>>83886067

are you sure about that?
>>
>>83888355
I think he was joking
>>
>>83881500
That really got under my skin
>>
>>83881500
>>83885543
>>83886567
>>83888607
Sure is reddit in here
>>
>>83888501

Howard is a yapping little dog with no real voice of his own, whenever you see him doing something intelligent is because Chuck is pulling the strings.
>>
>>83888659
Go fuck off, dipshit. Grown-ups are talking.
>>
File: 1461837648936.jpg (75KB, 693x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461837648936.jpg
75KB, 693x960px
>>83886974
>permabanned
>>
>>83888685
Now there is no more Chuck. I want Chuck to win his suite against HHM. Also nachos story to end with a bang
>>
>>83888850

The copy of episode 9 I watched had an advance of the episode 10, seems like Chuck and Howard will reach a mutual agreement.
>>
>>83887621
I personally think that because Chuck has been getting more comfortable with electricity, he is able to somehow harness it now. I wouldn't be surprised if the prescience and telepathy of fring, as well as the slick fingers of Huell and the situational awareness of Mike are somehow connected to these powers as well. It is clear that since the days of BrBa this was intimated. Walter white had particularly powerful luck, likely the result of powers that somehow warped the circumstances around him to suit his needs. His powers might have been the strongest, rivaled only maybe by gustavo's prescient abilities but just not quite on the same level, considering his untimely demise. The question arises as to where saul goodman belongs in this entire powers-universe. Perhaps his are in the same vein as walter white's powers, but he doesn't seem particularly lucky. Saul Goodman's abilities seemed to be more bent on craftyness and survival. Kim's crash in the latest episode highlights the dangers that ordinary people without powers face when they try to keep up with people that have these abilites. It runs much deeper than we think.
>>
>>83888001
>>83887988

Feel free to play by play, friend

Don't listen to mean people
>>
>>83888850
>>83888936
>plot twist: Jimmy teams up with Howard to fuck Chuck up
>>
>>83888943
>>>/x/
>>
>>83886350
yup fell asleep on that curve and kept going straight and right into that rock on opposite side of road.
>>
>>83888844
>tfw static IP
>>
>>83886280
I think it's reasonable to view the law as being based on a collective understanding of moral principles; it's just not a perfect system. My point is that the show does a good job of questioning whether moral conduct is necessarily legal conduct, as Chuck no doubt believes, or whether it's ok to break a few laws, like Jimmy, if one believes the ends justify the means.
>>
>>83889085
>>83886350
>>83886155

there's a similar scene earlier in the season. Time lapses when she takes a brief power nap in the car.
>>
Why didnt Hector die?
>>
>>83889402
It's a fake illness for sympathy like Chuck has
>>
>>83879723

first of all, chuck was right all along

the real person he hates is not jimmy, but the people for being able to identify jimmy for what he is

Jimmy is, in the end, pure chaos and he brings chaos to everyone around him
>>
>>83886231
Was thinking that chucks actor would make a killer Trump. He looks just like him almost
>>
>>83886350
great makeup work
>>
>>83889480
He looks to old for a decent Trump. I would preffer Brian Cranston with a wig
>>
>>83888231
That was a sick burn. I lold out loud irl
>>
>>83888685

You're right tripfaggot, it was Chuck that told Howard to tell Chuck he's crazy and needs to retire.
>>
File: IMG_0613.jpg (82KB, 349x735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0613.jpg
82KB, 349x735px
>>83889485
>tfw her whimpering sounds
>>
>>83888685
filtered
>>
>>83889485
So retarded

>hit face on soft pillow airbag
>immediately have cuts and bruises all over face

Vince you dropped the ball
>>
File: 5m8AdGi.gif (974KB, 288x219px) Image search: [Google]
5m8AdGi.gif
974KB, 288x219px
>the scene with Jimmy's secret retarded twin brother
Did Raimi guest direct?
>>
Chuck is about control. When he isn't in control his illness gets worse. Being able to perfectly control his environment brought him comfort. He could decide what people brought in, what objects were around him, etc. He wants to control Jimmy's life but it never works out. Jimmy is improvisation. Things go wrong for Jimmy and he adapts to the situation. He constructs these random wild plots and it works. Chuck freaks out when his control is threatened and he just doubles down. His wife left him so he started this electricity bullshit. Then Jimmy wouldn't follow his path and it got worse. He tried to keep Jimmy out of the law business and lost his shit when the hearing went out of control. He even tried to adapt to his ex wife showing up by anticipating that Jimmy might pull a stunt, but Chuck isn't good at it. So it got to him anyway. When he found out the battery was in his pocket, against his ability to control his environment, he lost it. Now he's being pushed out of HHM against his will so he's lashing out again. Trying to retake control of the situation from Howard by suing HHM and possibly ruining the business. When Jimmy is faced with something not in his control (Irene's decision) he improvises and does what he does best.
>>
>>83888970
Go kill yourself.
>>
>>83889757
>soft pillow airbag
Air bags kill people every single day.
Or are you being dumb on purpose?
>>
>>83886155
I refuse to believe people on here are this fucking retarded.
>>
>>83889757

Airbags aren't soft. Plus there's a plastic/vinyl covering on the steering wheel when the bag deploys. That shit comes out fast. It'll save your life but bust your face up. Having a broken nose is preferable to a cracked skull and death.
>>
>>83889844

>being this new

You obviously don't know about the street gold, mike = future walt, or jesse's dog.
>>
>>83889848
That still doesn't make sense how her face will be immediately bloody and bruised. At least wait a few seconds after impact and THEN have blood trickle out her nose or something

FACTS
>>
>>83889692

That's probably the first time we've seen Howard showing some initiative, and of course it quickly died because Chuck knows how to handle him.
>>
File: IMG_20170613_214110.jpg (41KB, 490x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170613_214110.jpg
41KB, 490x720px
>>83888037
>ywn have Hamlin's Ham in you
jdimsa
>>
>>83889875
god damn do I miss stupid shit like that. The under the prison and asac shrader posts were also great
>>
>>83889875
I wasnt here for those
Fast summary?
>>
>>83881500
Honestly, all it made me realize is that people never change. Fucking stupid women not talking about their feelings despite staring death in the face every day.
>>
>>83890148

Breaking Bad livethread memes. People kept making up dumb shit as speculation and others thought they were being serious. It led to many serious 200+ post threads arguing about whether the dog Jesse talks about shooting was him talking about Gale in code or whether it was a real dog they never showed. You know from when he breaks down at his support group and talks about the guilt of killing Gale but says he's a dog so everyone doesn't freak out. Street gold comes from Walt saying there's gold in the streets and people were asking where it was at and how walt knew there was gold under the streets. Mike = future walt resulted from Walt inventing time travel and coming back to warn his past self about events. They were both bald and vaguely looked similar.
>>
>>83889928
You've never seen violence irl, have you?
>>
>>83879723
why the fuck do u want him to be a good character the show was shit when he was i only wanted tyo see mike and gus before
>>
File: IMG_1777.gif (1010KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1777.gif
1010KB, 500x248px
>>83890270
>mfw I, an B8 enthusiast, wasnt here for that
>>
File: jimmyjimmy.webm (314KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
jimmyjimmy.webm
314KB, 720x400px
>>83889485
you mean to tell me that Vince didn't have her actually crash the car and that battered face is just makeup?

dropped
>>
>>83890289
Why would I have? I'm white and have only ever grown up in nice areas
>>
>>83890431
Scene needed some thimbles.
>>
File: 1490820089963.jpg (49KB, 420x567px) Image search: [Google]
1490820089963.jpg
49KB, 420x567px
>>83890592
>he didn't enlist
What are you, some kind of faggot?
>>
>>83890592
POG detected
>>
>>83890664
Like I said, I grew up in a nice area. College was paid for, didn't need to enlist like a lower class poorfag
>>
>>83890732
Looks like someone's daddy didnt want him to be a senator
>>
say ittttt
>>
>>83879757
introduce him to /pol/
>>
poor old woman gonna spend her last days alone
>>
>>83890034
>it quickly died because Chuck knows how to handle him.
you mean because Chuck has leverage and no ethics
>>
File: 2434.png (140KB, 517x325px) Image search: [Google]
2434.png
140KB, 517x325px
poor irene
>>
>>83881539
Agreed, Rosie needs to pay for hitting that Anti-fa comrade with her walking cane
>>
>>83890732
It was a joke, you fucking autist.
Just like your Daddy's thin dick.
>>
>>83886306
Hamito-Semetic mudpeople. No difference really, color is just decoration.
>>
>>83889848
the plastic comes out of the way, it usually ends up between the airbag and the wheel
>>83889757
the airbag is softer than slamming your head against the dashboard and the wheel but it hurts nevertheless
it's only there to make sure the deceleration isn't as violent
>>
>>83890889

Yeah that was brutal
>>
>>83889928
It could have easily been a few seconds before we see her come to.
>>
File: 435.png (186KB, 541x294px) Image search: [Google]
435.png
186KB, 541x294px
being old alone is like being in high school again
>>
>>83879757
I didnt even bother to watch this season, I watched 1 and 2 but got sick of nothing happening and dropped it

I like the threads about how shitty it is though
>>
File: 1494861556322.jpg (39KB, 1000x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494861556322.jpg
39KB, 1000x200px
>>83887621
>>83888943
>>
>>83891093
>I like not having my opinions challenged
>>
>>83891028
It wasn't though. She came to on the recoil. Watch the show
>>
>>83891173
>If everyone agrees something is shit it must not be shit

Why do you feel like you have to be a contrarian?
>>
>>83891277
Learn to greentext first
>>
File: miguel joel.jpg (24KB, 401x271px) Image search: [Google]
miguel joel.jpg
24KB, 401x271px
>>83881480
>>
>>83891332
If everyone agrees something is shit it must not be shit

>Why do you feel like you have to be a contrarian?
>>
>>83891402
>Joel will never play Albert
>>
>>83885653
>Was what he did morally wrong?
No it wasn't.
He simply gave her a nudge because the lawyers were fucking them over by delaying so they could make more money.
I agree with Jimmy. Fuck those assholes. I want paid now. That old broad was waiting for the lawyers to decide when.
>>
That's right Jay!
>>
>>83891433
>contrarian
Stop using those akward words to try and look smart fgt youre not foolimg anyone
>>
i dont care for kim problems or his faggot brother give us guss setting up his empire
>>
>>83891496
And then there's this plebeian
>>
>>83890889
>>83891058

Jimmy actually went full dickish there, it's not guaranteed that her friends will talk to her again even after getting the money.
>>
>>83890889
Wish I could have hugged her.
>>
>>83891715
Wish I could've taken out her dentures and slid my dick into her slimy, gummy, blowhole.
>>
>>83891217
It seemed like there were two time lapses. We first see her driving, then the car jerks and the airbag pops out, then she is at a complete stop looking shell-shocked. It would make sense that she fell asleep, the crash woke her up, and also knocked her unconscious for a few seconds.
>>
>>83880761
>>Vince is literally making a walter white arc again
Would be weird if it morphed into some combination of BB and BCS.
>>
File: uewb_07_img0514.jpg (9KB, 228x279px) Image search: [Google]
uewb_07_img0514.jpg
9KB, 228x279px
>>83881660
>identify with him
heh look at this kid
>>
>>83880761
Except we're also having an arc that comes after breaking bad (sauls black and white scenes)
>>
>>83881500
Do you think she will settle? From the way it sounds like she was talking, it sounds like she might drop it.
>>
>>83886350
why did she looked backwards?
>>
>>83892456
She's looking back on the circumstances that led her to that point
>>
>>83890044
That's the actor who plays Howard?
>>
File: 292.png (159KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
292.png
159KB, 600x549px
>>83892372
>>
>>83891667
Even if they do, it's not like she has long left. Even what seems like a small period of time to Jimmy is a larger portion of her life.
>>
File: alignment_startrek.jpg (284KB, 1500x1270px) Image search: [Google]
alignment_startrek.jpg
284KB, 1500x1270px
jimmy is true neutral.
>>
>>83891402
Is the gentleman on the right a young VM Varga?
>>
>>83881539
The show is set like 15 years ago. There were no such thing as Trump supporters and by the time he ran she would be long dead
>>
>>83890777
nice trips
>>
>>83888943
>tfw when Better Call Saul slowly turns into Heroes
BRAVO VINCE
R
A
V
I

V
I
N
C
E
>>
>>83893339
It doesn't matter. Trump supporter is all-encompassing for the racist anti-rights anti-progress anti-environment right-wing mentality.
>>
>>83893513
Grapes
>>
>>83886231
Top fucking kek I never realized
>>
>>83890614
Those are for sewing, you fucking moron
>>
>>83893513
>anti-environment
>he fell for the man-made global warming meme
>>
>>83886432
You actually take the time to go to reddit and screencap post? For use on a /tv/ board
>>
File: Screenshot_20170414_002934.png (43KB, 237x158px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170414_002934.png
43KB, 237x158px
>>83894471
b..but CNN said...and George Cloony says...
>>
>>83894683
*smug cloud intensifies*
>>
>>83893513

>ywn be this salty and butthurt
Feels good man
>>
>>83886350
Masterful
>>
>>83895456
>not feels goodman
you had one job
>>
reminder that jimmy did nothing wrong
>>
>>83882415
>Everyone knows morality is relative
t. degenerate scum
>>
>>83893303
Jimmy is chaotic good you tard
>>
File: Unimpressed_Asuka.jpg (44KB, 484x534px) Image search: [Google]
Unimpressed_Asuka.jpg
44KB, 484x534px
>>83891667
>friends

uh huh. classic case of friendship right there. abandoning someone over a pair of shoes.
>>
>>83896043

I would say Jimmy is chaotic neutral. The shit he pulled last night was pretty scummy but it will help all those ladies who could easily die before the settlement if the lawyers drag the lawsuit out for years. He tries to do the right thing and his heart is in the right place but he isn't above doing bad, illegal or immoral things to achieve his goals.
>>
>>83888720
>Cries over a fictional old lady getting bullied
>Grown-up
>>
File: faggot.png (1MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
1MB, 720x540px
>>83896116
>>83896043
>>83893303
I'd say you're all faggots.

You're all faggots.
>>
>>83896116
>He tries to do the right thing and his heart is in the right place but he isn't above doing bad, illegal or immoral things to achieve his goals
This is like the definition of chaotic good, if he were neutral he wouldn't go out of his way to do the right thing and his heart would not be in the right place. Chaotic neutral Jimmy would not go out of his way to help Kim or take care of Chuck. I think he turns into chaotic neutral when he goes full Saul.
>>
>>83896158
Kys you multi-replying homosexual
>>
/tg/-shitposting-tier alignment and morality arguments aside, this episode was pure fucking Kino. Every second of it was damn near flawless, with the exception of the beginning and ending scenes.

Honestly though, Kim got what was coming to her. I don't even care that Vince will probably blame Jimmy for her taking the extra job, she was already overworked. I expect her arc to follow the format of Whiplash when he also got in a crash. Aside from that though, fuck Kim.

Main Characters, in order of likeability, since "goodness" means fucking nothing in this show
>Nacho
>Howard
>Mike
>Jimmy
>Kim
>*POWER FUCKING GAP*
>Dogshit
>*ANOTHER POWER GAP*
>Chuck
>>
>>83896220
>not placing me somewhere on your loser virgin charts

whats the matter I thought you liked playing make believe. I kinda wanted to see where I'd end up.
>>
>>83896116
D&D doesn't apply to IRL, and in Planescape Jimmy would probably go to a lawful plane after he dies simply for being a lawyer.
>>
>>83896193

>taking a shit inside of somebody else's car through the open sunroof while their kids are in it
>good
>>
>>83896321
>taking a shit inside of somebody else's car through the open sunroof
found Cuck
you're clinging to a isolated episode from his youth
>while their kids are in it
sauce?
>>
>>83880761
You mean a character arc?

Most shows have those you complete autist.
>>
>>83886155
This is a good question, mainly because they poorly edited it to convey what was going on.
Personally I thought someone ran her off the road.
>>
>>83889844
More of a jab at the people behind the show for making it confusing. She doesn't even nod off or show any sign of being tired.
>>
>>83896610
>poorly edited
it was brilliant
>>
someone said that jimmy and the secretary fuck during the car crash and this pisses off kim for her to leave. is that true? seems cliched as fuck.
>>
>>83896682
Because she's running on 110 octane racing coffee
>>
>>83896193

I think he's already dipping into neautral cause his motives are pretty self serving now. The right thing benefited him and took a stab at his now enemies. It's hard to say he's good or evil based on that
>>
>>83896699
I can't argue that. It was true POTTERY.
But if even one person is confused, first rule of editing is, you don't shout "retard, autist, everyone look at the total fucking moron!", you point the finger at your editing supervisor for not catching it and making it a little more obvious.

But hey, I wouldn't expect a tentacle hentai Japanese porn message board to understand.
>>
>>83896717
Then why did she pass out?
>>
>>83896988
>But if even one person is confused
there's always one retard
>>83897012
Caffeine hides the tiredness but at one point the body gives in.
>>
>>83896988
>a tentacle hentai Japanese porn message board
>t. Kurt Eichenwald
>>
>>83896221
It's interesting how likeability goes with how they treat family.
>>
>>83896988
It wasn't a happy accident that happened in the editing room, it was a conscious choice made by the creative directors of the episode. They sat down and discussed how they could make the audience feel a similar degree of shock and confusion as Kim is feeling in the shot and that's what they came up with.
>>
>>83897129
>>83897111
Kek it's chill. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I can understand it was confusing.
Definitely not on the level of some of the retarded theories here over the years.

Speaking of retarded fan theories-
Anyone know of the good samaritan that Mike found dead in the desert and if that's the black womans husband? Seems like it would connect. Can't remember if that nigger lady mentioned how long her husband had been missing.
>>
>>83897193
No shit it was a planned decision. I was saying it was executed poorly if someone was confused, which people were.
>>
>>83897186
but anon, we never saw Howard's or Jimmy's family
>>
>>83897253

>brainlets don't get it
>that means the scene was poorly executed
No
>>
File: 1483554677886.png (58KB, 209x248px) Image search: [Google]
1483554677886.png
58KB, 209x248px
>>83897236
Nah, it's just that the story really made him think of the good samaritan
>>
File: IMG_2414.png (637KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2414.png
637KB, 600x450px
>>83897304
If a scene confused someone, that does in fact mean the scene could have been better.
>>
File: 1497271962588.jpg (7KB, 192x228px) Image search: [Google]
1497271962588.jpg
7KB, 192x228px
>ctrl + F 'snee'
>>83880938
kek
>>
>>83897253
How can it be poorly executed if it was exactly what they were going for and clearly succeeded in it, you moron? It would be a very annoying thing for the rest of the audience if every director was making movies and shows only concerned with whether literal retards get what is happening.
>>
File: 1459673057200.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1459673057200.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>83897455
There will never be a good scene that doesn't confuse someone
>>
>>83897455
Not really, it means the scene could have been dumbed down more. That doesn't make it better for anyone but the select few idiots who didn't get it. And this isn't exactly a complex scene to get, so we are talking about the genuine mentally challenged here.
>>
>>83897455

This means anything more complex than Family Guy rubbing your face in jokes every 20 seconds is bad
>>
>>83879723
when was Saul ever a good person? It was clearly established on BrBa that he was a crook and opportunist who brought on his own misfortune.

BCS simply elaborates on it.
>>
>>83897628
Bob Odenkirk plays multiple personas

James McGill > Jimmy McGill > Slippin' Jimmy > Saul Goodman

Back in the day he was Slippin' Jimmy
As a freelance lawyer he was Jimmy
When with HHM was James McGill
When with Davis & Main he was James McGill and then reverted to Jimmy
On his own he is Jimmy
He drifts toward Slippin' Jimmy more and more often now that he's desperate
NOW he's mostly if not always Slippin' Jimmy
Next season he will be on his way to Saul
>>
>>83886567
>Jimmy making everyone hating on her

Making everyone hate her sounds less juvenile than your baby talk. There is no need to insert "on" into the statement. Why do Americans talk like little toddler bitches?
>>
>>83897526
not if the audience is reddit like it happens with the walking pleb :^)
>>
>>83891093
>not watching the only season where something actually happens.
>>
>>83888943
Bravo... BRAVO!
>>
>>83897628
>when was Saul ever a good person? It was clearly established on BrBa that he was a crook and opportunist who brought on his own misfortune.
This will shock you but BCS is a prequel.
>>
>>83879723
Jimmy is a social engineer with a sense of moral, Chuck just wants everyone to so what he thinks ist right.
>>
>>83881500
>even if it was just a short term thing.

Implying everyone will stop hating her once the cash roles in.
>>
>>83889402
Placebo
>>
File: 1476101091484.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476101091484.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1492378577681.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492378577681.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
you know BB is shit when jessie ''the dummy with a good heart'' is the guy who does not die
>>
File: 1479343724935.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479343724935.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Jimmy was not immoral in manipulating Irene; her holding out meant many of her friends would likely die before they got that money. Jimmy cares about old folks, which is how he rationalised it.
>>
>>83900072
Look, nothing is preventing you from interpreting the show how you want, but just so you know, that clearly isn't how the writers are writing the script. Jimmy rationalises the bad things he does to obscure his guilt. He could have allowed Kim to pay the rent and then paid her back later after the settlement, but he couldn't resist the temptation of being a con man.
>>
File: 1486813413321.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486813413321.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>83881539
>>>/wsg/1712546

Hooo boy you should get some limes and tequila and then we can have margaritas with all that salt
>>
File: 1494880901302.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494880901302.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
cringey walt again
>>
>>83888943

Hmm... very nice and retarded theory my pal
>>
>>83890431

Make him trip over a (You)
>>
>>83886155
「King Crimson」!
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.