[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in John Wick, there's a currency used by the underworld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Coin_John_wick.jpg (46KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Coin_John_wick.jpg
46KB, 600x338px
So in John Wick, there's a currency used by the underworld of assassin's to pay for rooms at the continental, drinks at the continental, "dinner reservation" (to clean up bodies), to buy guns, suits etc.

As far as I've seen, there's only one type of coin used, and I feel like it's value is very strange.

For example. A drink at the continental is one coin, but so is a room. A couple of glocks, an assault rifle and a shotgun is a couple of coins, and likewise is a bulletproof suit.

Let's say a drink is worth $20 at this very high class establishment.
That would make one coin worth $20 and a couple of guns worth up to only $100.
But let's say a coin is worth $1000, that would make a drink cost $1000? Am I just autistic and there's something I'm missing here?
>>
>>83876633

Yeah, John Wick was retarded. Great action scenes though.
>>
File: 1491084019732.jpg (9KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1491084019732.jpg
9KB, 250x242px
>>83876633
yea you missed that the movie is utter shit

>le everyone is an assassin from the guys collecting trash in the subway to the drunk hobo begging for cash
>>
>>83876709
>>83876724
Looking past the currency issue I do think both of them are good movies.
>>
>>83876782
I liked the first one, but the second one was utter shit.
whoever came up with the whole everyone is an assassin bullshit should get beaten with a belt to near death.
>>
>>83876813
I like to think that the everyone is an assassin thing is actually assassins just in cover for just that contract on john wick
>>
The coins all look similar but there are different coins worth different values. That is my best guess
>>
its not so much a value placed on the coin as much as it is more a gentleman's agreement.

paying a coin at the bar isnt just for a drink, its for the time and conversation with other gentlemen.

its a very professional way to say thanks for your time

as for value, they could just be a gold
>>
>>83876850
this
>>
>>83876724
dumb frogposter.
>>
>>83876782
>>83876813

>an underground assassin world in a time of total government overwatch and everyone has a cellphone

Yeah no. Im not autistic enough to care about "realism", but it felt more like a fairy tale than a film about hitmen.
>>
File: 1497194401033.jpg (15KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1497194401033.jpg
15KB, 251x242px
>>83877190
>people run into cover from active shooter
>nobody calls police EVER
>no cops anywhere besides that one goof near John Wicks house
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.