[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the Xenomorph itself still scare you /tv/? >For me there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: alienstillscary.jpg (182KB, 1136x703px) Image search: [Google]
alienstillscary.jpg
182KB, 1136x703px
Does the Xenomorph itself still scare you /tv/?

>For me there is something quite disturbing about seeing a man in an Alien suit opposed to a full CGI Alien.
>>
>>83870404

well yeah the CG alien can only exist in the movies, whereas the stuntman and the suit are real solid objects you can interact with, which is why it's important to have something for the actor's to react to even if it's not the proper thing, pic related.
>>
>>83870404
Nah, the creature itself doesn't frighten me at all.

It's more about what it can do to me.
>>
>>83870404
Xenomorph is probably the scariest creature ever created
>>
It's basically a kids Halloween prob desu

If I was walking at night and it jumped me I would be laughing too much to defend myself honestly, I would smash it in all the movies too really the people in those flics let fear take control. Just relax, take a few breaths then trap it and kill it, not that fucking hard haha.

Honestly to be scared of this you must have a 6inch vagina or something
>>
After Alien Covenant I don't think I will ever find them scary again
>>
>>83870404
no.
>>
>>83871060

Trap and kill it lol.

Good luck with that Dallas.
>>
The Alien itself doesn't scare me, it's what it does to people. Every time I watch an Alien kino I imagine what would happen if I were in their situations, and I think to myself the saving grace is that at least the Xeno will kill you quickly. But it doesn't kill you at all, it takes you back to its nest to farm other Xenos in you. Fuck that, that shit is what is scary about it.
>>
File: 1497241235371.gif (987KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1497241235371.gif
987KB, 450x450px
I'd be more scared about fucking facehuggers or trilobites desu.
At least with the xenomorph it might be over quickly.
>>
Honestly I think in the first movie the Alien is a little too generic horror slasher villain-y. The sequence towards the end where Ripley is running around through the corridors after she's activated the self-destruct is masterfully shot and incredibly tense, but once the Alien shows up in the shuttle I'm like "eh".

It's one of my favourite horror movies but I think the Alien itself is like the least effective part of it.
>>
>>83871296
Isn't that kinda the point though.
>>
>>83871275

they doesn't know shit about what's was happening
there

lovely
>>
Nah its just a cool movie monster thanks Cameron
>>
File: 1462312545073.png (317KB, 850x463px) Image search: [Google]
1462312545073.png
317KB, 850x463px
>>83871365
???
>>
>>83871245
It's so easy. Like what the fuck how easy did they trap it with the ship AI in Prometheus 2.

Just do that then throw in a grenade or flamethrower
>>
>>83870404
Alien is the only film that's ever scared me.
Not seen the original Alien film in like 20 years though...
>>
>>83871326
No?
>>
The concept of the facehugger and chestbursters are still terrifying. The xeno itself too, but doesn't hold up quite as well on-screen in both Alien and Aliens.
>>
>>83871559
as a child, the alien films were the only movies to ever scare me. i protested anytime my family put it on. but to be honest, most of my dread came from alien 3 which was just depressing and bleak.
>>
It never really scared me even when i was younger, it was just too cool looking
>>
File: 1386448406602.jpg (72KB, 495x750px) Image search: [Google]
1386448406602.jpg
72KB, 495x750px
I think it's hot.
>>
>>83871490
The actors (or some of the actors, I don't remember) didn't know what was going to happen in that scene. Their reaction to chestburster is legit fear caught on camera.
>>
>>83872476
They didn't know about the special effects, doubt they hadn't read the script.
>>
>>83871992
>implying you didn't jump like a bitch when Dallas goes into the vents
>>
>>83870404
The power of the creature comes from the fact that you don't know what the hell it is, why it's doing what it does, why it seems so set on hurting people, why it looks so strange but also so human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRMu1M6d-P0

I appreciate Nu-Ridley for going full weird. But his films should be slow burners, rather than exposition bombs.
>>
File: 1434063818787.jpg (1MB, 1751x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1434063818787.jpg
1MB, 1751x2000px
>when you see the human skull in the xenomorph's head
>>
>>83870404
I wanna fuck it
>>
>>83870404
yes, its easy to act like they don't scare me on screen but if I were to see one of these things IRL I'd shit myself and be paralyzed with fear.

humans have this reflex when it come to large insects. Unless you've unexpectedly come across a bug larger than a few inches its hard to understand.
>>
>>83871275
>At least with the xenomorph it might be over quickly.

>all those times they strung people up for facehuggers to implant
>>
>>83877347
>xenomorph
>big insect
Get fucked Aliens pleb
>>
No but the tension in the first Alien movie can still make my butt pucker.
>>
>>83877632
always viewed Xenos as giant wasps sorry I knew more biology than most people as a kid
>>
>>83877695
How'd you get that from the first one?
Just admit you like the Aliens interpretation more.
>>
>>83870404
Made myself immune to be scared by things on a screen a long time ago...
The fantasy idea of picturing seeing a real Xeno IE walking down the street could probably scare the shit out of me maybe...
>>
>>83877544
It's not that bad, the alien resin is a canon sedative and anti-depressant. What really sucks is when they don't decide your genes are worthy enough for Xenos and they instead you use for food. Slowly eating your extremities to keep your meat fresh before finally killing you
>>
>>83877801
Wow the Aliens EU sounds kind of lame.
>>
>>83877725
face huggers are literally Tarantula Hawk larva
>>
>>83877845
>ergo big insect
Your point is laughable. It doesn't run on walls and serve a queen in a hive mind like in the cashgrab sequel.
>>
>>83877893
>It doesn't run on walls and serve a queen in a hive mind
t. tarantula hawk larva
>>
File: facehuggu.jpg (118KB, 666x932px) Image search: [Google]
facehuggu.jpg
118KB, 666x932px
>>83877893
its my opinion you can't really tell me I am wrong......
>>
>>83878123
The xeno, you fool.
>>
>>83871060
Bait, but this, d.e.s.u.

Never was I afraid of the alien it might get to me that the atmosphere should be alienating and thus scary but the only thing from this franchise was a scary is the game where there are hella lots of aliens and there were just popping from nowhere that was haunting.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.