[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you're telling me that this is a world where wizards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: harrypotterchristmas.jpg (265KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
harrypotterchristmas.jpg
265KB, 500x635px
So you're telling me that this is a world where wizards exist and are known to have historically fooled muggles for the keks, but Jesus was actually legit?
>>
>>83870371
How did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>83870402
So the wizarding world, that appears under all circumstances to be as different from muggle culture as possible just decided to make this meaningless muggle holiday the most central holiday of their culture to the point where festivities are held ornaments are everywhere and kids get two weeks off?
Sure, that makes sense.
>>
>>83870371

because jesus is the source of their magic. and goblins who met jesus told them he is real.
>>
Series is blasphemous trash, but they specially say magic cannot bring the dead back to life.
>>
>>83870516
What if the pagan aspects of chrimbus were taken from the wizarding world? Half od chrimbus doesn't have anything to do with Christianity anyway
>>
>>83870371
Maybe Jesus and his disciples were wizards.
>>
>>83870516
You do know the the entire season was stolen by the Christians, Christmas is like four different winter festivals strung together.

So no they are just celebrating a time of year that many people have for long time before Catholicism came to Britain.
>>
>>83870516

wrong. muggles got the holiday from wizards. like halloween and easter sunday. the easter bunny was actually a very hairy elf.
>>
>>83870371
Harry Potter wizards aren't actually Wizards...they're Clerics who worship Jesus
>>
>>83870566

Actually, the aim was to discourage celebrating a pagan festival by providing them with a Christian festival to celebrate. It's not stealing. It's providing an alternative. A more recent example is the feast of St Joseph the Worker.
>>
>>83870371
Rowlings a practising Anglican, and you could argue they only do the more Pagan secular bits like stuffing your face, trees and presents, rather than Carol singing and the like.
>>
Jesus was a wizard
>>
someone tweet at her asking why they didn't celebrate ramadan at Hogwarts so she retcons the books again
>>
>>83870543
Didn't Harry die and then come back?
>>
>>83870371

It was originally a celebration of the winter solstice but then mudbloods started corrupting wizarding culture.
>>
>>83870516
>hurf durf what is the winter solstice

I can tell you're american
>>
>>83870701

lol
She'll definitely reply that they do and point at one of the characters as muslim even though nothing in the books indicate it.
>>
>>83870701
Why no Ramadan? Why no Chinese new year?

Why no trans awareness?

Why was there no black history month when Harry learned about brave black wizards?

Really makes u wingardium leviosa
>>
File: 154303.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
154303.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>83870696
this actually make sense. Just say Jesus was one of the first wizards who established the order and wrote fan-fiction about himself so normies would never suspect magic existed. OP BTFO.
>>
>>83870791
But we already know that before the 1500s wizards lived openly among the muggles.
>>
>>83870516

Could easily be explained by just saying Jesus was a wizard. Of all the things about Harry Potter to get pissy at, this probably isn't one of them.
>>
>>83870780

When asked about gay characters, she then said Gandalf was gay even though nothing in the books indicated this at the time. So when she's asked she'll say Snape was Muslim and Luna was Chinese Buddhist who celebrates the Chinese New Year every month.

It's very clear though that Hermione is mtf trans.

Yes, I said Gandalf and Chinese New Year every month, you munktoon.
>>
If Jesus and by extension god had ever existed he certainly wouldn't have allowed the dullest franchise in history of movie franchises to exist....

and I'm gonna spare yiu the rest because the opening sentence is all anyone reads anyone reads anyway.
>>
>>83870780

>hermione was a trap
>her and Ronnies kids are actually hers and ginnys kids
>ginny stole his best friend and his wife
>he whispers
>bitchhhhh
>>
>>83870516
Yeah and how do they get a train to school if wizards don't believe in trains?

wizard btfo lol
>>
>>83870371

Harry is the Second Coming of Jesus.
>>
>>83870821
didn't they explain all the folklore legends like the werewolf and vampires were because of wizardry? just extend that to sand-nigger religions and case closed.
>>
>>83870873

i want to comfort ron hug him from behind wrap my left arm around his waist and my right arm around his neck squeezing his neck driving my dick into his ass as he gasps for breath
>>
>>83870892
That's actually a fair point, wizards don't use muggle technology and thats exactly what a train is
>>
>>83871054
the train is powered my magic!
>>
>>83870732
he never died
>>
>>83871054

They also use cameras, chairs, beds, toilets, radios...

What they don't use is electricity, their technology is powered magically.
>>
>>83870561
>pagan aspects of chrimbus

lmao

>>83870566
*tips fedora*

>>83870683
>eating is pagan
>christmas trees (which are a product of 1500s german lutheranism) are pagan
>giving people things is pagan
>singing is pagan

The nerve of these fedoras to make such wild and unsubstantiated claims
>>
>>83870371
its very possible to throw a christmas party without including jesus, angels or religions even once, the tradition started out as a non-christian one and the majority of people who celebrate christmas don't give a shit about the christ part
>>
>>83870371
jesus is never mentioned
>>
File: 1484495291644.jpg (548KB, 1616x2896px) Image search: [Google]
1484495291644.jpg
548KB, 1616x2896px
Why are you even trying to find logic in a childrens series bassd off of one the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>83870780
>No Chinese New Year
What about Cho Chang?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.