[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the movie focused more on The Mummy and less of Cruise's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

File: mummy_ver4_xlg.jpg (305KB, 808x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mummy_ver4_xlg.jpg
305KB, 808x1280px
If the movie focused more on The Mummy and less of Cruise's character, do you think it would have been much better?

I really liked that scene when the Mummy's corpse is found and she feeds off the first guy. I wanted to see more of her roaming around as a decayed corpse, terrifying people.

That alley scene where the rats are all over Cruise and is paralyzed as it cuts to an extreme close up of the Mummy about to attack Cruise was great! A shame the rest of the movie wasnt as creepy.

The Russel Crowe bits were good. Otherwise I do feel like Cruise didnt have much to do in this and thus his performance wasnt that strong. First act should have been longer with him shooting those terrorists and defending himself while trying to find the treasure.

Considering he is ex military, he should have used weapons during the second act of the movie similar to Brendan in the Mummy 1999 instead of him just using a stick to hit the Mummy during the forest scene and then he is basically just running from other Mummies.

The casting of Sofia Boutella as the Mummy is one of the best things ever. Loved the scenes of her and Cruise together as she tries to seduce Cruise's character.
>>
>>83866253
Casting sucked. Crowe and the army boss were passable, though. Worst Cruise ever. Will not see this again. Wouldn't have missed anything not seeing it the first time. The Mummy was crummy.
>>
Sofia Butella is ugly as shit and wouldn't have made it if we didn't live in the postmodern lol dude all women are ugly body positive age
>>
File: 1497258109750.png (171KB, 723x350px) Image search: [Google]
1497258109750.png
171KB, 723x350px
tfw no mummy gf
>>
>>83866253
If they wanna follow Marvel they should have done an origin story of the Mummy, played by Tom Cruise. Turn him into the monster 25-30 minutes into the movie and then have him save the world from some laser beam or something,
>>
>make an origin movie about Tom Cruise as the Mummy
>he becomes the Mummy in the last 10 minutes of the film

absolutely fucking lmao
>>
>>83868161
t. ugly, fat, jealous roastie
>>
>>83868512
I'd Sofia her Boutella, if you know what I mean...
>>
>>83868129
First act was great tho
>>
>>83866253
>If the movie focused more on The Mummy and less of Cruise's character, do you think it would have been much better?

Yes. Though I also think it would've been better had they cast someone else instead of Cruise. The whole romance bit with him and the woman felt really forced. Especially since he's more than old enough to be her father.

Also, this hardly even felt like a remake of the Mummy franchise. It had practically nothing in common with the original. It wouldn't even be implausible to actually take it as another sequel to it rather than a reboot.
>>
>>83869069
This movie had more to do with the 1932 movie than the 1999 one
>>
>>83868908
this desu
>>
>>83869105

The only actual nod to the 1999 version was that the Book of The Living falls on the floor during the Mr. Hyde fight.
>>
>>83866253

Things like this really makes me resent the Chinese.
>>
>>83869137
>The only actual nod to the 1999 version
wrong. the opening is just like the 1999 one where when she is being lowered into the ground, THE MUMMY title appears on screen and then images of Egyptian statues is shown as a warzone with terrorists happens
>>
>>83868908
>>83869131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9euVHT2gw6A
>>
File: kyle-mjoen-the-mummy-kyle-mjoen.jpg (1MB, 1920x2458px) Image search: [Google]
kyle-mjoen-the-mummy-kyle-mjoen.jpg
1MB, 1920x2458px
>>
>>
File: mummy_ver9_xxlg.jpg (1MB, 1894x3000px) Image search: [Google]
mummy_ver9_xxlg.jpg
1MB, 1894x3000px
>>
>>83866253
I hope the flop of this garbage sets cruise for wolverine casting.
>>
anyone who wanted a 1999 remake is looking for a different film altogether. this has nothing to do with that film, its a reboot of the monster universe

they should have kept her as an actual mummy for much longer

they should have focused on the terror more than the adventure

they should have cast someone who can move their face to be a love interest. someone who cruise can play off of. hes only as strong as his supporting cast

the underwater scene was quite terrifying. could have had much more impact if they had taken more care over it

everything in london with glass was stupid and painful to watch

the love interest was forced and retarded

they should have killed tom more

it was a popcorn movie and nothing more. im still looking forward to new monster movies. the invisible man is still a fantastic film, and bride of Frankenstein has potential too. if they go full terror with the creature from the black lagoon then they could make something great. they wont though.
>>
File: 7353.jpg (124KB, 1920x640px) Image search: [Google]
7353.jpg
124KB, 1920x640px
>>83870083
>it was a popcorn movie and nothing more. im still looking forward to new monster movies. the invisible man is still a fantastic film, and bride of Frankenstein has potential too. if they go full terror with the creature from the black lagoon then they could make something great. they wont though.

I'm still rustled they're omitting Dracula Untold. That was actually a decent film.
>>
>>83870116
no it wasnt
>>
>>83870067
>not wanting a movie where Cruise teams up with Hugh Jackman who comes back as Van Helsing
>>
File: images (59).jpg (13KB, 531x277px) Image search: [Google]
images (59).jpg
13KB, 531x277px
>>83870083
>they should have kept her as an actual mummy for much longer
THIS. She looked creepy walking around
>>
File: maxresdefault (17).jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (17).jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>83870948
>>
>>83870218
it was
>>
File: The_Scorpion_King_poster.jpg (21KB, 248x368px) Image search: [Google]
The_Scorpion_King_poster.jpg
21KB, 248x368px
>>83866253
I just watched it. Don't think its salvageable.
Even this movie had more nuance.
>>
>>83866253
>If the movie focused more on The Mummy and less of Cruise's character, do you think it would have been much better?

THE MUMMY could sit still for three hourse reading from a telephone directory and it'd have been much better.
>>
>>83868161
She's a cutie hater.
>>
>>83868161
Strange that somebody with as much to gain from that idea as you should have such a problem with it.
>>
>>83871181
Burn! Roasted!
>>
>>83868161
She is so beautiful
>>
>>83871201
Fill your boots, anon.
>>
>>83868908
This, aside from the meme-tier companion and shitty quips, everything until that terrible scene where Cruise picks up a stick to beat the Mummy is good.

Crowe is the only saving grace of the next parts.
>>
>>83871215
To you.
>>
>>83871289
Fuck off
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.