[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the fact that all the major American television

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

How do you feel about the fact that all the major American television producers held casting session for the upcoming pilot season in Toronto in addition to Los Angeles this year?

The reason was that too many British and Australian actors were being denied short-term U.S. work visas for pilot season with no reason given.

The portion of American shows shot in Canada is expected to reach record level this fall for the same reason (Australian/British actor is cast in a major role in a series, but can't obtain U.S. visa, so move the whole production to Canada).
>>
>>83864851
get off your high horse leaf, the taxes in commiefornia are too high and production has been moving to canada for some time so they can keep costs down
>>
File: ce.jpg (63KB, 421x594px) Image search: [Google]
ce.jpg
63KB, 421x594px
No idea, I love British actors
>>
come to the west coast please
theres too many asians
>>
>>83864990
Neither Toronto nor Vancouver is a cheap place to shoot.

They're cheaper than New York or Los Angeles, but vastly more expensive than Michigan or Georgia where a lot of production is being done now due to low prices and tax breaks.
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (51KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
51KB, 600x350px
>>83864851

The brits/aussies are paid less and the film taxes in Canada are less.

Basically we're renting you niggers cheap.
>>
>>83865069
>The brits/aussies are paid less

Any unknown actor being cast in TV pilot is paid SAG union-negotiated scale.

SAG scale is the same for all actors, regardless of citizenship.

American TV producers are forbidden to pay less than SAG scale as part of collective agreement with SAG.
>>
>>83864851
commiefornia taxes are too high. some of my friends already migrated to Austin to escape commiefornia's expensive cost of living

LOL, i feel bad for Austin
>>
>>83865132
KEK You're one of the good ones, anon
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.