[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why our South Koreans so good at filmmaking? Literally out out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (19KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
19KB, 187x269px
Why our South Koreans so good at filmmaking?

Literally out out every 10 films they make, 9 are kino.
>>
South Korea is one of the rare few nations that still has a system of merit and not nepotism. Hence, only the best and brightest get that shot to make a film and most of them succeed.
>>
>>83864304
You say this after their president was ousted over a nepotistic corruption scandal?
>>
>>83864357

We're talking film, not politics.
>>
File: John Candy.jpg (141KB, 628x417px) Image search: [Google]
John Candy.jpg
141KB, 628x417px
>>83864357
I was talking out of my ass, actually. I don't have a clue about how South Korea is run.
>>
File: 1497275860936.png (185KB, 955x896px) Image search: [Google]
1497275860936.png
185KB, 955x896px
>>83864396
I do the same nearly every time I post about movies.
>>
the only thing I hate about our films is they always, ALWAYS have to add some stupid fart joke or unnecessary humor that just ruins the seriousness of a movie
>>
File: [MAXIMUM OVERSMUG].jpg (96KB, 401x802px) Image search: [Google]
[MAXIMUM OVERSMUG].jpg
96KB, 401x802px
>>83864396
A true kino connoisseur then
>>
has anyone else ever seen Asura: City of madness?

The finale in that movie was so incredibly explosive.
>>
>>83864473
yeah Asians really, really, really love scatological humor for some reason. maybe it's cuz you guys are still close to India
>>
>>83864473
life is serious and people fart
>>
File: Scarface_GinaShootsTony.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Scarface_GinaShootsTony.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
>>83864500
actors aren't people
>>
>>83864473
>people fart

That's called "realism", sonny. Perhaps some day when you exit your parents' home, you'll encounter more of it.
>>
>>83864304
>>83864396
Well I'll give you credit, they've got a hyper competitive academic and industry standards, and I can't think or a S. Korean film I've seen that wasn't aces. But that definitely did happen, at fault to their intense levels of selectivity and a failed attempt to manuver around it.
>>
File: Jean-Claude.jpg (264KB, 1102x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jean-Claude.jpg
264KB, 1102x720px
>>83864537
I SAID I WAS TALKING OUT OF MY GOD DAMN ASS!!!
>>
Asians aren't people.
>>
Can you guys post some Korea-Kino recommendations?
I loved The Host, Memories of Murder, Oldboy, Mother, they were all great.
>>
>>83864107
you havent seen many korean films
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.