[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about to watch pic related I hope you don't disappoint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: images[1].jpg (62KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
62KB, 720x1080px
about to watch pic related
I hope you don't disappoint me this time, /tv/
>>
it's shit
>>
File: hurr.png (45KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
45KB, 200x194px
>>83829619
>from the executive producer of
>>
>>83829633
This. You got duped by shills, just like with It Follows and Babadook and The VVitch.
>>
Just watch the damn thing.
>>
>>83829750
What about It Comes At Night?
>>
>>83829740
what's wrong with that
>>
>>83829859
>>
>>83830084
Name 5 executive producers
>>
>>83829750
Except witch was good
>>
>>83830395
Ben Affleck, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Matt Damon, Jon Hamm, Johnny Depp
>>
>>83831334
All those movies are fine. The worst you can say is that they're overrated, calling mediocre things 'shit' is /v/eddit-tier behaviour.
>>
The Witch was okay

This had some goat atmosphere and wicked nice practical effects but made very little sense and left too much unexplained
Would watch the sequel tho
>>
>>83831334
Not really.
>>
just finished it
I liked it.
>>
>>83831885
shit taste
>>
it's a good lovecraftian horror flick
>>
>>83831985
This. It's a really good Lovecraftian movie. It might have fallen a bit short without the visual effects but the Lovecraftian themes really make up for it. I really wish there were more Lovecraftian movies out there. It's only once in a while that a Lovecraftian movie (like this Lovecraftian movie) comes out. It's a pity.
>>
File: R&R_0117a.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
R&R_0117a.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>83831985
>>83832019
No.

It's a generic horror flick disguised with a lovecraftian theme that is never really explored. If you're an avid horror fan you've seen this shit before, it's a mash up of other movies without a true identity.
>>
>>83829633
this. its terrible
>>
>>83832077
I know, I was taking the piss. "Lovecraftian" might as well just be a buzzword at this point.
>>
>>83831369

Do you "recognize" their executive producing skills in their movies? Is that some kind of author marking, or just a random "let's put the name of a movie you know in this new movie, in case you trust us"?

Literally "as seen on TV" tier marketing.
>>
>>83832077

That's a Doom 1 texture am I right?
>>
File: R&R_0117.jpg (168KB, 961x603px) Image search: [Google]
R&R_0117.jpg
168KB, 961x603px
>>83832151
Correct
>>
Its alright, better effects than anything else, plus a pretty good lovecraftian atmosphere. Its not perfect but it's fun.

Also those fucking cultists are cool looking as shit
>>
>>83832077
please name those other movies. i actually want to know so i can watch them, i need more like this
>>
>>83829750
VVITCH was okay, babadook was pure shit however, shit child actor ruined it for me, the void is B-Movie tier, the visuals are good but the characters are shit, played by bad actors and the scenario nonsensical
>>
>>83832241
Splinter
The Resurrected
From Beyond
The Thing
The Mist
Event Horizon
Hellraiser
Baskin
The Beyond
Society
In The Mouth of Madness
2001 A Space Odyssey
>>
>>83831369
Kek
>>
>unironically using the word lovecraftian
>probably never read a Lovecraft story
>>
>>83832278
Most of these range from mediocre to decent. When will we get Lovecraft kino? Will GDT ever make At The Mountains of Madness?
>>
>>83832274
I didn't care for the Babadook but the child actor wasn't shit, saying he's bad because you got annoyed by how he acted(like a brat) was the intended purpose
>>
>>83832455
>Will GDT ever make At The Mountains of Madness?

http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-mountains-of-madness-artwork-video/
>>
>>83832278

The Void was so much better than Splinter, and that's actually not saying much.
>>
>>83832624
I'm not surprised by anything in that article but it doesn't stop me from being frustrated. I understand the studio's concern, though. With that said, they mentioned animation as an alternative. Maybe he should pitch it to one of the big streaming services; they've been quite bold in their concepts so far compared to typical TV. Also, do you have any idea if Del Toro's Monster adaptation with HBO is still alive?
>>
>>83832762
No clue, anon. But the dude has had a bad streak with AtMoM, Hellboy 3 and the Pacific Rim sequel so I wouldn't be surprised if his other projects are going down the shitter as well
>>
Probably the closest thing to a Lovecraftian movie I have seen since Dagon. Decent special effects, trippy otherwordly unexplainable shit. Worth a watch.
>>
>>83832828
Feels bad. I long for the day he releases something that will rival Pan's Labyrinth.

What are your thoughts on Crimson Peak? I've yet to see it, but I'm getting the urge now. I'm not expecting a masterpiece, so I think I'll like it. I assume the visuals are dazzlingly macabre, as always.
>>
>>83832492
I agree. I fucking hate when people say the kid in Babadook was a bad actor. He was supposed to be annoying during the first half of the movie because that's what drives the mom mad and allows the audience to empathize with her a little so as to not just think she is an evil bitch. The second half of the movie he is not annoying at all. Also he was 7 years old during filming.

For an actually bad child actor, look to the kid in The Road.
>>
>>83832879
We're basically on the same boat. I haven't seen it, but the dude is taking so long to release something that I might as well watch it soon
>>
>>83832984
haha fair enough. I hope you enjoy it. Cheers, anon.
>>
>>83829619
I fucking loved it.

The mute kid was the best character, Asian girl was good too.
>>
>>83833525
>Asian girl
Did you know it was Knives from Scott Pilgrim?
>>
>>83832135
i recognise that you've been BTFO
>>
>>83832278

Banshee Chapter
Dagon
>>
>>83829619
Moive is not that good with huge plotholes and a bad story , but it has great aesthetics...
>>
File: miley.gif (480KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
miley.gif
480KB, 400x400px
>>83829619
It's got some fun special FX, but don't expect to blown away.

Try this one instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kENuvJ2MIA
>>
>>83829633
/thread
>>
>>83832686
the performances in splinter were at least passable. the void had neat visuals but goddamn did the horrible acting knock it down a few notches.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.