[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just want to say this scene is absolutely fantastic aka Kino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: honneamise.jpg (214KB, 631x900px) Image search: [Google]
honneamise.jpg
214KB, 631x900px
Just want to say this scene is absolutely fantastic aka Kino
especially at 5:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7urVoEhZFM
>>
>>83827271
>>>/a/
>>
>>83827319

The masterpieces anons deny themselves because they refuse to acknowledge anime on an anime fansite.
>>
one of the greatest films ever made, and sadly one of the most unknown
>>
>>83827319
>"kino"
This is /v/edditors and disgusting shit skin twitter memers(also /v/edditors)
>>
File: royal space force.jpg (311KB, 800x991px) Image search: [Google]
royal space force.jpg
311KB, 800x991px
>>83828010
>>83827271

This is my favorite film.

I usually post it here but I never get any responses.

Like to watch it every year due to how much it hits home.
>>
>>83828124
>>83827271

However around 3:10 is when the true KINO begins.

everything after 5:10 is alright too.
>>
>>83827271
Uru in Blue when?
>>
I'll just leave this awesomeness here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WD1T_JTqPw
>>
>>83828727

Never.

I mean... its not even needed.
>>
>>83828919
I know there is zero point in it existing from the context of the movie, but I've been waiting so long for all the badass Sadamoto concept art to be animated, I don't want to go to the grave Uru in Blue Balled.
>>
>>83827271
Royal Space Force is unironically one of my favourite movies. As far as unadapted science-fiction movies go it's one of the greatest of all time.

>>83828727
I think it's actually coming out in a year or two. At this point I don't really know if I want it, it's been so absurdly long and will have gone through so many teams and iterations. The concept art was great but it's completely out of style now. It'd be nice if they gave it a late 80s/early 90s look but I don't see it happening.
>>
>>83830069
Also I just remembered this was my background for a while. Gunbuster is the only thing Gainax made which can rival Honneamise's visuals. The machine and city designs are amazing but the characters are very good too.
>>
I saw the English dub many years ago on VHS and loved it

Then I heard the uncut original features RAPE

So fuck that. Fucking japs putting rape in every god damn thing.
>>
Step aside for real kino, faggot

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qUNx5_UBbI
>>
>>83830116
If it makes you feel anybody nobody actually gets raped, there's a not too explicit/exploitative attempt which serves a strong narrative purpose. It's not there to titillate or be edgy for the sake of it, it actually gives a lot more depth to the characters. I've been through entire threads discussing the scene on /m/.
>>
>>83830195

Nobody gets raped!?

I've been afraid to watch it all these years to avoid ruining my happy memories

Summarise attempted rape pls
>>
File: ROYAL.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ROYAL.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>83830101

>that as your background
>not this
>>
>>83827271
The rape was really out of place...
>>
anyone got a direct link for this? The animation is fantastic

never seen it
>>
>>83830307

>summarize

Its better if you just see it, its an entire scene.

Nonderaiko starts to get undressed. Laddat wakes up and, in the heat of the moment, attempts to force her / rape her. She quickly grabs something and smashes it in his head, knocking him out. End of the scene.

You see nothing but a nipple? perhaps.
>>
>>83830390

Theres a good torrent, just google for it.

Or maybe you can find it on some weeb site like kissanime.
>>
>>83830416
nyaa had a 3gb one

https://nyaa.si/view/835991
>>
>>83830307
Ladhatt is feeling disillusioned with the project after being exposed to the poverty so many of his countrymen are exposed to while the Space Force burns through a mountain of money and resources and meeting the media and nobility and all the rest. He runs from his responsibilities and goes to look for Riquinni. He meets her handing out flyers in the Red Light District where he first met her and she seems somewhat ashamed when he approaches her with a severe look on his face, but only takes some flyers and hands them out with her, saying nothing.

Afterwards they return to her home in the rain and once they get inside Riquinni removes a shoe and money falls out. Both of them go from somewhat brighter looking to flat and dead inside when this happens but neither say anything. The issue is still debated but I and many others believe that the implication is that Riquinni was working as a prostitute at least part-time to provide for herself and Mana. However many weeks of haughty rejection, hard work and soul-crushing exposure to the rottenness of his country have eroded Ladhatt's will and now Riquinni and her faith, the last good things in Honneamise he had to turn to, are compromised and revealed as hypocritical.

Later that night Ladhatt wakes up and catches Riquinni undressing. He attempts to force himself on her but hesitates when she looks him in the eye, she takes advantage of this and knocks him unconscious with a nearby blunt object. The next morning Ladhatt wakes up and finds her outside in a bright mood again. He attempts to apologize for his behaviour but she won't let him and instead insists on apologizing to him. This I think supports the theory that she was resorting to prostitution to support herself. Without saying much they come to an understanding and part on good terms.

>>83830373
I think that it plays into the themes of disillusionment, redemption and compromise quite neatly.
>>
thanks for the recommendation it looks great.
>>
File: 1476846155548.jpg (58KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1476846155548.jpg
58KB, 604x453px
>>83830491
>The issue is still debated but I and many others believe that the implication is that Riquinni was working as a prostitute at least part-time to provide for herself and Mana.

But nothing really hints to that?

We get a full scene where we see her working the fields.

It is clear that Riquinnin would never prostitute herself as it clearly goes against everything she stands for as a character.

I dont know where this flawed head cannon comes from, but its really autistic.
>>
File: rice.png (3MB, 1604x920px) Image search: [Google]
rice.png
3MB, 1604x920px
>>
>>83830558
>nothing really hints to that
She spends a lot of time in a Red Light District and the city in general. A poor young woman living in the country would have no reason to do that if plenty of field-work were available. Sure she does work there, but I think that the fact she lost her house is more than enough to tell us that it isn't enough to support herself and Mana. She also says that she receives limited charity in the form of clothes and a place to sleep later in the movie. She's not well off at all and doesn't seem to have much in the way of options, and the theory fits too well into everything else that happens in that scene. Why does she seem ashamed when she meets Ladhatt later in the movie? Why else bother showing that she keeps money in her shoe? Why would she feel the need to apologize the morning afterwards? The movie does everything else too thoughtfully for the entire scene to mean nothing more than that Ladhatt really wanted to have sex with her.'

>goes against everything she stands for as a character
Yes, that's why Ladhatt would be so crushed to learn about it. The whole country is implied to be going through very hard times. I don't think that she wouldn't do it if it were all she could do to provide for Mana.

>>83830669
Yes, I don't deny that she does some work in the fields.
>>
>>83830669
WELCOME TO THE RAPE FIELD MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>83827271
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-wings-of-honneamise-1995
>>
>>83830770
Ebert was always strangely open-minded towards anime. Shame he felt the need to spend half of the piece explaining what anime is, what little he had to say about style and direction seemed on point.
>>
>>83830722
>She spends a lot of time in a Red Light District and the city in general. A poor young woman living in the country would have no reason to do that if plenty of field-work were available.

She was out there distributing her religious pamphlets. You have to disregard a lot of her character and motivations which tie with the rest of the film to justify an out of place scene.

>Why would she feel the need to apologize the morning afterwards?
>Why does she seem ashamed when she meets Ladhatt later in the movie?

Because regardless of how well the rest of the movie is written, you are still watching a Japanese movie. While the scene itself feels out of left field, its not out of place for a deeply religious girl to blame herself for provoking sexual thoughts on a man.
>>
>>83830722

>She spends a lot of time in a Red Light District and the city in general.

Giving the papers that she prints every night (to all the sinners)

>the fact she lost her house is more than enough to tell us that it isn't enough to support herself and Mana

She lost her house not because of her own debts, but because of her grandmothers. She just didn't think the power company would actually do it.

Sure... she cant pay those debts.

>She also says that she receives limited charity in the form of clothes and a place to sleep later in the movie.

From the Priest that's letting them stay in the Temple.

>Why else bother showing that she keeps money in her shoe?

She works the fields and walks back home. Shes not well off, money is very valuable. Perhaps as a precautionary method? Watch the scene again, shes not even ashamed when the money falls.

>Why would she feel the need to apologize the morning afterwards?

Ladhatt tried to rape her the night before and she knocked his shit out with a blunt object.

>for the entire scene to mean nothing more than that Ladhatt really wanted to have sex with her.'

Because it doesnt just mean that?

The scene prior to that when she prays for those who ''hunger'' exhibits the nature of Ladhatt and his nature afterwards.

Literally all of this is in the movie and nothing but a weird head cannon points that she was whoring himself.

But hey... to each his own?
>>
File: 1482687406197.jpg (129KB, 880x988px) Image search: [Google]
1482687406197.jpg
129KB, 880x988px
>>83830491
>The issue is still debated but I and many others believe that the implication is that Riquinni was working as a prostitute at least part-time to provide for herself and Mana
holy shit it makes sense now.
that's why she's in the red light district.
that's why she's a single mother.
that's why laddat suddenly treats her as less than human

thanks anon
>>
>>83830977

>that's why she's in the red light district.

Nope.

>that's why she's a single mother.

Not her daughter.

>that's why laddat suddenly treats her as less than human

He never does. Unless you are speaking about the rape? Dont miss the point of the scene anon.
>>
>>83830400
>>83830491

Well fuck, not just attempted rape but Lhadhatt's waifu a shit as well. Guess I have to go back & watch it again.
>>
>>83831358

>and yet another one who falls for the ''she was a whore XD'' meme

Yes, watch it again.
>>
>>83831358
Ladhatt's waifu a real human bean.

>>83831396
I'm not seeing very strong arguments against it. She's a single mother in a country that appears to be going through hard times and doesn't have a gibs program.
>>
>>83831434

So you didn't read any of the posts above?

It is also explained that shes not Kannas mother.

Mmmm all of this is making me think.... Have you even seen the movie?
>>
>>83831491
I read the other posts, they're 90% reddit spacing and nu-uhs. What points are made in those posts that could change my mind?

And where exactly is it explained that she's not Kanna's mother? I think I remember her making a couple of ambiguous statements like referring to 'her parents' but I think it still makes more sense if she's her daughter.

And yes, you got me, I've never seen a movie in my life. I just come here to shitpost.
>>
File: 1495056376288.png (307KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495056376288.png
307KB, 450x450px
>>83831550

>I didn't read any of their points even thought they clearly reference things that ARE IN THE MOVIE and that are not based on any sort of dubious headcannon.
>Even thought all the evidence points that this headcannon is false I will continue to stubbornly believe it is quite the contrary.

Some people huh....
>>
>>83831645
Okay lets go through the points made one by one, most of them aren't clear at all and are going just as much by speculation as my position if not more so.

>We see her in the fields
This doesn't contradict the theory at all. It seems unlikely that there would be enough work available to her for her to support herself. If there were enough for her to work full time why would she ever go to the city? Sure there are more people to be reached there but if she's supporting herself and a child purely through manual labour surely she couldn't have so much leisure time as to be able to make constant trips into the city just to distribute flyers.

>goes against what she stands for
She has morals but they don't make her a robot. If under enough pressure (and the whole country seems to be under quite a bit of strain) I see no reason why she wouldn't compromise them to get by. She seems ashamed when she gets closer to Ladhatt, I think that the best explanation for this is that she knows that she's compromised her beliefs and feels guilty for imposing them on him when she can't even hold herself to them.

>just distributing pamphlets
I wouldn't think she'd have had the time if she were a full time farm laborer. And her choice of location seems to conspicuous to be a coincidence. Sure it's where she'd find more lost sinners, but I think it's reasonable to assume there's more to it than that.

>you are watching a Japanese movie
can't argue with this

>just blames herself for provoking his lust
This makes sense, but the emotions displayed by both of them beforehand seem to hint at so much more.

>grandmother's debts
I think that we see enough to suggest that even if it weren't for this she wouldn't be well off.

>she's not ashamed when the money falls
She doesn't show anything explicit but the tone seems to take a nosedive right after it happens and Ladhatt seems noticeably somber afterwards.

I'm unconvinced.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.