[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alien: Covenant global box office after a month: $178.7 million

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 012521632176.png (1MB, 1917x793px) Image search: [Google]
012521632176.png
1MB, 1917x793px
>Alien: Covenant global box office after a month: $178.7 million
>The Mummy global box office after 4 days: $174 million

Can't Bruise The Cruise
>>
I don't why people keep doubting him knowing his extensive resume. Oh wait, this board is full of underage Redditors. Same cycle, ever movie. >Nobody wants to see Tom Cruise anymore!
>>
File: justfuckmycruiseup.png (357KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
justfuckmycruiseup.png
357KB, 876x493px
>>
im happy. i hated covenant more than the new mummy
>>
>>83824156
Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow are some of the best Hollywood films made recently and Mission Impossible 5 was so good!

How people can doubt Cruise and not like him is beyond me.

Yes The Mummy wasn't as good as it could have been but Tom still every movie does his own stunts, wants to make things most realistic and he knows how to bring in a crowd.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>83824215
>i hated covenant more than the new mummy
Same/ The Mummy was great with its female Mummy and it didn't fully try to copy the Brendan movie, actually being more faithful to the 1932 one during its 3rd act and having Cruise's character be seduced by the Mummy for a bit like the character does in the original compared to Evy who is terrified nonstop of the Mummy.

Covenant is by far one of the worst big budget movies recently with such a TERRIBLE 3rd act that made me want to walk out of the cinema of being nothing but a slasher movie. The CGI was laughably bad like when Fassbender is standing next to the Deacon and it made me wonder why they didn't get a guy in a suit.

Only good scenes of Covenant were the Engineer flashback and David experimenting but they were so watered down to make way for the nostalgia Alien stuff.
>>
>>83824241
Yup, I don't get it desu. This guy is just making fun movies where he can do stunts and enjoy himself. Nearly every other big name star seems to have been forced into capeshit with not much else going on but Cruise is just making whatever sci-fi/action stuff he pleases.
>>
>>83824683
>tfw they were trying to get Cruise to be Iron Man
I can just picture Cruise getting the phone call for that and laughing his ass off
>>
>>83824754
>>83824683
As much as I like TC, JR2 sucked horrible balls
>>
>>83824798
Oh yea I agree. It was weak. Not like holy christ, this is so horrible, more like, holy christ so dull nothing is happening. The script didn't exactly help either. Just not a very interesting story. Basically Jack Reacher: Family Time.
>>
>>83823698
Alien genuinely scares some people, even when it's fake CG. That may have something to do with it.
>>
Tom cruise is a national treasure
>>
>>83823698
Holy SHIT. Awesome freaking movie (The Mummy, not Alien whatever) and awesome freaking actor (Tom Cruise not whomever "starred" in the alien movie) so this is really deserved. Heck yeah Tom Cruise! Greatest actor of all time? Possibly so!
>>
>>83824362

this
>>
>>83824880
Reacher 2 sucked because of all the forced stronk female shit
>>
>>83825452
The funny part is that in the end he basically has to clean up after them, so it was actually like the opposite result by the end. One was mentally ill equipped so he solves the case for her, and he basically just brought out the whooping stick on some thugs to solve the other ones problems.
>>
>>83824362
The movie deserved to flop for killing noomi rapace's character

Ridley Scott deserves to bellyflop next to his brother for killing her off screen
>>
File: AngryFans.png (474KB, 863x770px) Image search: [Google]
AngryFans.png
474KB, 863x770px
>>83825621
>The movie deserved to flop for killing noomi rapace's character
I couldn't agree more. Shaw was a brilliant character who people actually cared for (well I cared for her so much).

I absolutely could not stand the new female in Covenant and didn't care if she died.
>>
>>83823698
RIDLEY DONT LISTEN TO THE HATERS MAKE ANOTHER ALIEN MOVIE PLZ
>>
>>83825595
Doesn't change the fact the story revolved around these two literal whores 80% of the time. The first one was great
>>
>>83825452
That and also the supporting cast was weak as fuck

Get the chick from HIMYM to play a woman who's supposed to be physically fit when she looks like she couldn't do 10 pushups without a break.

Then cast TV actors for every other role.
>>
>>83824241

Mission Impossible 5 was good but the ending seriously pissed me off.
>>
>>83825621
>killing her off screen

wow really?
>>
>'Jack Reacher 2' silently slips out of the room
>>
FOR THE FANS
>>
>>83825836
>wow really?
Yes. And the footage they filmed of Shaw wasn't even in the damn movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
>>
I'm trying to understand why the asian market gave their money to this movie
is it cruise? is he big over there or something? or is it just the type of movie? I know they're big fans of big block buster action type shit
>>
>>83825920
Both
>>
>>83825674
I know I'm biased cuz I love Noomi but fucking hell was I pissed off.

The only thing Prometheus had going for it was the idea of searching for answers and despite how everything had gone tits up Shaw continued to search for them at the end.

Cut to movie 2 and she's died off screen, the engineers are wiped out in a flashback because the filmmakers have no answers and we get 40 year old Giger monsters and TWO Fassbender's because that's what Scott thinks will make a good movie.
>>
>>83825920
tom cruise is a big guy and probably one of the most well known actors and this is ur right gooks love their action adventure flicks so the things combined is the result
>>
File: 236.png (461KB, 991x443px) Image search: [Google]
236.png
461KB, 991x443px
>>83825920
Cruise starring in an action adventure movie.
Also the Mummy is hot af

I so hope her Mummy somehow gets revived in a sequel but since the director said the sequels will be standalone, who knows what will happen with Cruise's character
>>
>>83825822
What did you dislike about it?

I hated it myself because rather than it being some epic showdown like the other finales it was just them running through the streets and in the end they trap a guy in a box.

Also the bike chase should've been with Jeremy Renner. Whole point of his character was supposedly to replace Tom Cruise eventually and in this film he barely did anything
>>
>>83826073
renner is not a leading man, i cant see that guy leading a franchise
>>
>>83824184
as if anyone cares about rotten toamtos
>>
>>83826073
>I hated it myself because rather than it being some epic showdown like the other finales it was just them running through the streets and in the end they trap a guy in a box.
huh? Saw the movie in cinemas and I remember loving it but I don't remember this happening

>Whole point of his character was supposedly to replace Tom Cruise eventually
Really? Renner is such a good actor so if Cruise stops doing these then I will def continue watching more with Renner as the lead. Much better than them rebooting it
>>
>>83826130
This. I haven't seen the movie but rotten tomatoes is shit and the position of "professional movie critic" is possibly the lowest form of life in all media.
>>
File: ss.jpg (101KB, 991x649px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
101KB, 991x649px
>>83826125
well he failed with Bourne so maybe they wised up. i forget when these came out tho so who knows if that had any effect. nonetheless, cruise was always there as a net and renner is not even in the future movies i think. i think cavill is replacing him.
>>
>>83825913
Lol holy fuck I thought rapace filming scenes was just a rumour.

Really I fail to see how Ridley Scott has any credibility or pull anymore when you see how shitty his films are and how badly they bomb

Yeah The Martian was a hit but with shit like this and Robin Hood its like a chronic gambler sinking 10s of thousands into fruit machines then hitting a 2k jackpot and thinking that puts him in the black.
>>
>>83826125
>renner is not a leading man
He hasn't seen Dahmer
>>
>>83826275
nobody has lol

his face is too square to be a leading man
>>
>>83826272
Have you been following the making of Covenant? The original idea was to have Shaw and David as the lead and Ridley said it would not feature any Aliens.

All of a sudden an Alien is announced and Shaw is then apparently not returning and then we learn she is killed off screen.

hmmmmmm
>>
>>83825920
Yea man. Chinks fucking love Cruise. Probably the biggest American Star over there.
>>
>>83825452
No Jack Reacher sucked because the overall plot was lacking. The female characters were fine.
>>
>>83826428
probably because most of them are the same height as Cruise
>>
>>83826125
True. I just wish they'd done something with him.

>>83826203
Yeah Renner signing on for "we lost the lead actor but we just need a movie called Bourne Legacy released this year" was a mistake. Especially when he was already in mission impossible.

I think he had buzz after Hurt Locker and The Town so they purposefully cast him to replace Tom but looks like that's failed and now they're doing the same thing with another actor who can't draw a crowd.
>>
>>83826275
I thought the movie was shit but he was great. Its why I was psyched for hurt locker and I was able to pick him out of the trailers for swap and 28 Weeks Later even though he was only on screen for like half a second
>>
>>83825860
> Total budget including advertising- 96 million
> 161 million box office.

Critical failure but it was profitable and that's what matters.
>>
>>83826322
What is it with ridley making 100-200 million dollar movies which start production then completely change and turn into something else?

Remember when Robin Hood was Nottingham and Crowe was gonna play the Sheriff?
>>
>>83826761
>cinemas don't keep any money from ticket sales
>>
>>83826788
crowes ego fucked that movie up

i dont think he was gonna be the sherrif though was he?
>>
>>83826275
I never cared for the Bourne movies but I enjoyed Legacy. He's better in more subdued roles. That one movie he has coming out with Elizabeth Olsen is more his style.
>>
>>83826169
Right after saving Simon Pegg, bad guy and his goons give chase against Cruise and the female British spy. They eventually get him into a glass box (running into the dark).
>>
based cruise
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.