[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The reason this movie was destroyed by the critics despite not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 19

File: file.png (2MB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1500x844px
The reason this movie was destroyed by the critics despite not being better or worse than WONDER WOMAN is because it depicted a female character as the villain of the movie who had as a goal hunting down a random guy, the MC, so she could use him as a sacrifice to bring a powerful male god as a lover so they could rule the planet together as a couple. Oh, and she's not black enough.

Just that. The movie portray a female character as a villainous princess who felt dejected about not being picked by her father as the new ruler for being female and did awful things as result in her envy while still needing the help of a powerful male figure to complete her goals.
>>
>>83823532
Sofia Boutella was a 10/10 in this. Such an amazing performance.

>tfw American actresses suck compared to her
>>
File: sofia boutella we wuz kangz.jpg (79KB, 787x1570px) Image search: [Google]
sofia boutella we wuz kangz.jpg
79KB, 787x1570px
K I N O
>>
>>83823532
Or maybe because she didn't get enough screen time? Game of Thrones has tons of female villains and no one complains about that. If anything, it's refreshing to see a woman with power.

The Mummy should be about the fucking Mummy, not a Tom Cruise way past his sell-by date.
>>
File: giv.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>83823532
>>83823632
giv mummy gf
>>
>>83823643

>Game of Thrones has tons of female villains and no one complains about that.

As if critics didn't care more about the lady of the dragons.
>>
File: 1306231898801.jpg (20KB, 429x420px) Image search: [Google]
1306231898801.jpg
20KB, 429x420px
Gee whiz, and I thought the movie was just critically panned because the writing, acting, directing, and cinematography were amateur garbage.

But no, you're right, the fact that the mummy is a lady is way more plausible.
>>
>>83823825
George is always right
>>
>>83823825

None of the above mattered when critics praised Wonder Woman and you know it.
>>
>>83823532

Or it could be the movie was also bad in every other way.
>>
File: armond-white.jpg (79KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
armond-white.jpg
79KB, 500x747px
>>83823532
>The Mummy does little more than reflect dark, Millennial political unease. Its Iraq War setting — in which characters playing American soldiers mimic the Taliban in violating the sanctity of anthropological treasures — evokes post-9/11 distress simply as a platform for violence: knockabout fight scenes and chase sequences.

>Cruise plays Iraq War soldier Nick Morton, an imperfect yet egotistical guy to whom comic-book fans might relate because he never takes himself seriously but, when forced to fight against evil, demonstrates invincible supernatural powers.

>As one more product made in the current mode of high-concept comic-book franchises, The Mummy follows the Marvel Comics formula though relentless, jokey action scenes
>>
its because she wasnt black
>>
File: 1497199481505.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497199481505.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>83823532
Haha dude you sound like the most lonely, bitter friendless permavirgin. I'm 100% sure you're a total doormat offline too. Why not just end it all eh
>>
>>83823904
Wonder Woman is way better than this piece of shit and it was average at best.
>>
>>83823825

None of that mattered when it came to Wonder Woman, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>83823904
>None of the above mattered when critics praised Wonder Woman and you know it.

Wonder Woman had dialogue that wasn't written by a 13 year old girl texting on her phone.

>Tom Cruise: I SAW THE CHICK FROM THE COFFIN THING

>Blonde: You mean the mummy that was in the tomb?

>Tom: LOL YEAH WHATEVER

this exchange was LITERALLY in the movie
>>
>>83824079
>>83824101

There was nothing noteworthy about Wonder Woman except feminist fantasy. Neither of you can even name any scenes or dialogue from the film to prove your point.
>>
>>83824226
Show me some better dialogue from The Mummy, and then we'll talk.
>>
>>83823532
this is believable
>>
this movie was kino fuck the ratings
>>
>>83824022
>Algeria isn't considered part of Africa
>>
More like they were islamophobic depicting ISIS destroying old pagan ruins.
>THIS ISN'T FUN HOW DARE YOU TRY TO MAKE A POINT
>>
>>83824079
What kind of fag even goes to see Wonder Woman? Such a boring character.
>>
>>83823532
If you genuinely tell me that this piece of shit was in the league of Wonder Woman, fuck it if you tell me they're even playing the same sport, you're a Universal shill
>>
>>83824664
Your dad did. Anyway, trannies like you shouldn't be the ones looking down on others
>>
>>83823825

Get out of here with your common sense and logic. Clearly the only reason this movie is sucking ass with not only critics but audience as well is feminism. Also Wonder Woman is not an enjoyable movie ; that too is a feminist black magic conspiracy
>>
>>83824781
Funny enough, we went to see The Mummy together, and laughed about Wonder Woman. Seriously, one of the most boring superheroes ever.
>>
>>83824721
I unironically enjoy the Mummy movie as muchas Wonder WomanDCuck;^)
>>
>>83824647
But that is what is literally going on right now. Islamic terrorists have blown up ancient Buddhist statues, destroyed rare ancient Iraqi statues so this movie makes a good point on the horrible things that are happening to pagan relics.
>>
I'll see it soon. Fuck the shit critics.
>>
>>83824931
Maybe they just watched The Mummy, and they're going around smashing relics to look for "magical antiquities", whatever the fuck that means.
>>
I highly doubt it's as good as WW 's first two acts
>>
>>83825007
No. Islam hates paganism so they want to wipe out anything that isn't Islamic.

SAD
>>
>>83825046
>A DCEU movie has 2 good first acts but a horrible second act
So it's like BvS?
>>
>>83825097
>but a horrible second act
I meant 3rd
>>
>>83825097
who said horrible?

The part I'm complaining about is also like ten minutes max.
>>
File: Saint Boniface.jpg (944KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Boniface.jpg
944KB, 800x1200px
>>83825058
>Destroying false gods and idols is a bad thing

okay bud
>>
File: mummy_06.jpg (107KB, 829x1099px) Image search: [Google]
mummy_06.jpg
107KB, 829x1099px
>>83825194
>Destroying false gods and idols is a bad thing
>false gods
All religions have truth to them. People who believe in the Egyptian Gods have traveled out of their body and received spiritual enlightenment. This happened with the actress in the 1932 Mummy movie who was a believer in the Occult.

Catholics can be cured from serious illness if they pray to saints.

You see: religions when you believe in them allow you to summon up powers that can help you in life.

This is why miracles can be found all throughout religions.

You need to actually realize the truth.

Not to mention that Christianity and Ancient Egypt share many similarities

>In the Egyptian Book of the Dead: a serpent Sebau fiend being is sentenced to be chained up similar to Serpent Satan in Book of Revelation
>>
File: 1494957737192.jpg (9KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1494957737192.jpg
9KB, 238x192px
>>83825194
>We need to wipe out history even if it's bad and we don't like it
>I can only see beauty in what I want to see it in
>>
>>83825194
Paganism doesn't even exist anymore
These fuckers are just destroying priceless artifacts from thousands of years ago because anything that isn't approved by their goatfucker prophet needs to be destroyed
>>
File: 1463277593464.png (892KB, 1024x768px)
1463277593464.png
892KB, 1024x768px
>>83823632
>>
>sjws literally spamming shill threads
>sjw journalists have a cabal where htey literally manipulate review scores and reception of all media
>you cant trust any form of media any more
>fake news is a real thing and has been a real thing for 2 decades now
>>
>>83825359
Oh great. Now every fucking religion is 100% legit.
>>
>>83825359
Shut the fuck up you cuckold.
>>
>>83825366
>Some sand nigger chiseled a face into a rock and now we must preserve it for all of eternity.
>>
>>83825430

Fuck off to reddit. This shit appears whenever any movie bombs ; faggots where saying this after Baywatch of all fucking movies.
>>
>>83825403
>Paganism doesn't even exist anymore
Islam literally has Paganism in its texts

Their prophet accidentally worshipped Pagan Godesses thinking they were angels of Allah. Of course it is forbidden to mention this to Muslims
>>
>>83825449
>Now every fucking religion is 100% legit.
It is. Even the Qur'an confirms this.

>Surah 16:36 - every nation as received a divine messenger

The New Age movement is to bring all religions together and create peace on earth
>>
>>83825449
He's kinda right. Either we respect all of the shit or none. It's insane to give couple groups the pass but respecting others when they all believe in imaginary crap.
>>
>>83825602
>Beheading people is just as valid as forgiving them.
>>
>>83825359
All religions have truth to them, but not all truths are equal. Religion was not responsible for sending us into space. It's defunct now for the higher end of society.
>>
>>83825648
I never said the Qur'an or any religious book is 100% correct but there are truths in all religions with similarities

Is ISIS right? Of course not. They are destroying the peace that we should have on Earth
>>
>despite not being better or worse than WONDER WOMAN
There is a critical flaw in this line. Can you see it, kids?
>>
>>83825754
>Okay guys the key to world peace is that everything anybody believes is true.

lol new-ageism is such a crock of bullshit.
>>
>>83825618
We don't is the right answer. We live in times when science has enabled man to cure diseases previously you'd have been left to die of, travel to fucking space, and split the goddamn atom , yet majority of people around the world would die in the name of their imaginary friends.
>>
>>83826023
>we can split the atom so fuck morality lol

okay chief.
>>
>>83824721
Absolutely nothing about Wonder Woman warrants its tremendous critical success, and nothing about The Mummy warrants its drastic failure.
>>
>>83823532
When it comes to shitty genre flicks the only metric is "was it fun" so everything is deeply subjective and critics are prone to groupthink. You shouldn't trust critic opinions on anything like superhero flicks because ultimately, they all suck complete ass and the only purpose of them is to keep your entertained for 2 hours.
>>
>>83826119
Philosophy handled the "other questions" pretty well and actually forces us to think instead of following some dogma just because.
>>
>>83826119
Because had it not been for Islam, Muslims would have behaved like savage warlords. Wait a second......

Morality is not derived from religion alone son.
>>
>>83826146
If they keep you entertained for 2 hours then they don't suck ass.
>>
I enjoyed this film more than wonder woman
>>
File: Ahmanet.png (864KB, 1394x579px) Image search: [Google]
Ahmanet.png
864KB, 1394x579px
>>
>>83826160
>>83826174
But without a "god" (being the personified idealization of that which is "good"), then from what position of authority can you claim to control another person's behavior?
>>
>>83823532

It's a bad movie. I am pretty open to stuff, but there's so much dialogue that's just complete shit. It's a shame because there's a lot of good acting and there's moments that make me think someone who made this gets it a little bit.

Thinking of that shot where Amunet is chained down, staring pleadingly up at them
>>
>>83826023
>We don't is the right answer.
But this puts us in conflict with billions of people, so it doesn't seem like the optimal choice despite being technically correct.

>>83826239
Hey, it works with any other source of power, God is just the best one. Instead of kings who must rule over us because of a God, we got to billionaires who must rule over us due muh hard work.
>>
>>83826182
Nah. A good genre flick has some emotional resonance and some originality (avoiding cliches) or unpredictability. These are things which can actually be measured by critics, unlike whether or not it kept you entertained, which is ultimately just super subjective. The sad thing is that the critics who give these piles of shit good scores really only care if it kept them entertained or, worse, if it hit some other arbitrary metric like diversity.
>>
THE REASON THE MOVIE SUCKS IS BECAUSE THE DIRECTOR HAD THE NERVE OF NOT CASTING BRENDAN FRASER YOU MASSIVE KEKS!
>>
>>83826239
Have you legit not heard of the concept of state ? Man has controlled fellow man for decades , it's usually the smarter and those with more resources who figure out ways to keep those who are not and who don't in line.

I mean in today's times the multinationals exert authority over us. They didn't need fanfiction about One True Prophets
>>
>>83826225
This actress is so weird. There's some angles where she's absolutely gorgeous, but in other scenes with other angles, she's not as cute (but still decent looking).
>>
>>83826225
>offers you unlimited power and her undying loyalty
I would have taken it to be honest
>>
>>83826327

You're right anon. This is the sad reality.
>>
>>83823532
Or it's because the dialogue is garbo, it's trying to be too many tones at once, and it's super boring. I mean the CGI was fine I guess, the performances were fine, everything else was fine, but the story was pretty bland as well.

Funny as fuck though 5/10
>>
>>83826394
>emotional resonance
Most of these movies do, you just might not be interested in what they offer. You're probably not a comic book hero fan in general.

>and some originality (avoiding cliches)
They're comic book movies. If they want to be faithful to the source material, they have to be cliche. Care to explain how being cliche is inherently bad, anyway? You're supposed to absorb the emotions of the characters on screen as your own, i.e. empathize, not play the role of detective and try to "crack the case" of where the story is going to lead to like a cold outsider to it all.
>>
>>83826394
>emotional resonance
Very subjective.

>originality (avoiding cliches)
Not that relevant for quality.

>or unpredictability
Again, pretty subjective AND not that relevant for quality.

Going with "I liked/didn't like the movie" is the best and most objective a critic can do and then explain the whys and possibly open up another way to see it. Saying whether a movie is good or not is absolutely beyond the opinion of one person, that depends on the viewer.

>>83826440
Nothing weird about that. She's a bit above average and with the right angle even an below average person can look great.
>>
File: Nick Miller.png (220KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Miller.png
220KB, 500x279px
>Million dollar action chase sequence
>Tom Cruise barely escapes a giant sandstorm only to get hit by a bus.
>Nick Miller appears out of nowhere.
>WOW DUDE WHAT A RUSH AMIRITE? ;)

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put this shit in the film.
>>
File: 1496095655257.jpg (46KB, 483x604px) Image search: [Google]
1496095655257.jpg
46KB, 483x604px
>>83823665
>>
>>83824275
lol he couldnt cause he didnt see either film.
>>
>>83826610
>>83826611
Cliches are bad because they take you out of the film. When you can recognize a cliche you're like "Oh yeah I'm just watching a dumb movie" or if it's really bad "Oh god they actually put that cliche in." Really, to avoid anybody being pedantic, I should've said "badly-done cliches," because cliches are not inherently bad, it's just bad when they are obvious.

I would argue that obvious cliches destroy emotional resonance, along with immersion and almost any other narrative quality.
>>
>>83826844
>when they are obvious
Depends on how much you pay attention and your experience. Most of capeshit movies are made for young audience, so what's an annoying cliche for you, might be a great mindblowing moment for them.

Besides, it goes back to originality, which doesn't last. Take something like Godfather II, even if you watch it for the 10th time and know every scene by heart, does it really stop being a great movie?
>>
>>83826844
>Cliches are bad because they take you out of the film.
I can see where you're coming from. Sometimes, not when I like them though. Not all cliches are equal, and they're certainly not always executed the same way. If it fits within the context of what's going on, then I don't feel that they take me out of the story at all.
>>
>>83824072
Based yoda
>>
>>83823532
Why do we have a women representing a women? With proper diversification, we should have had a man playing the female role...after all, gender is just a social construct...
>>
>>83826440
Don't talk about Sofia like that.

Also
>She's a dancer
>Very athletic
>Isn't afraid to get on the floor and move a lot unlike most actresses who have stunt double (cough Gadot sliding on floor)
>>
All religion is bullshit
>>
>Stunt man Tom Cruise up against a dancer
This has to be some of the best casting
>>
>>83827436
Yeah, great pairing. And I can't hate Tom no matter what he's in.
>>
It's the other way around, actually. Wonder Woman was praised for not reason other than because it was about Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83823532
No. The film sucked because Cruise and Wallis have no chemistry and yet we have to suffer their constant banter, huge parts of the script were leaden expo-speak, the 9/11 references are more on-the-nose than a Transformers film, and the editing is haphazard.
>>
>>83825097

No BvS was horrible from start to finish
>>
>>83827709

Fuck off.
>>
>>83827786

Punisher in a Batsuit V The Sentry: Dawn of Hamfisted Biblical References: Extended Jar of Piss Edition™ fucking sucked my man
>>
>>83827993

You arguments boil down to "NOT MUH" shit. It's pathetic. Specially in regards to something based on a DC property, a company that was build on the concept of parallel universes and diverse interpretations. So fuck off.
>>
>>83828046

"Not muh" is a valid argument. Snyder thinks he knows better than 7+ decades of characterizations but he doesn't. He's just an edgy manchildren. He fundamentally fails at understanding the basic traits of extremely popular characters he's making a movie about. If he wanted to make a movie about an edgy, brooding mass murderer with very little detective skills, he should have made a Punisher movie. Or hell, maybe even a Deathstroke movie. The multiverse argument is stupid because the very reason it exists is to not fuck with the current beloved timeline/characterization. Nobody would want to see main universe Batman act like Batfleck in the comics

Basically, the only people who liked this movie are the ones that don't really give a shit about Batman and Superman
>>
File: aahahahahahahahaha.png (278KB, 368x447px) Image search: [Google]
aahahahahahahahaha.png
278KB, 368x447px
>>83828046
>You arguments boil down to "NOT MUH" shit. It's pathetic. Specially in regards to something based on a DC property, a company that was build on the concept of parallel universes and diverse interpretations. So fuck off.

>Yes this movie may be shit, but in a parallel universe it is good
>>
>>83827364
>>83827436
I want to cuddle her.
>>
File: jaylah a cute.jpg (71KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
jaylah a cute.jpg
71KB, 1000x666px
>>83827364
> She is Jaylah.
>>
>>83828208
>the only people who liked this movie are the ones that don't really give a shit about Batman and Superman
I don't give a shit about either and didn't like it too. It was simply not a good movie. Not that it was just hard to care about the characters, the plot didn't make me look forward to what happens next either. I have no idea how close Nolan was to the originals but he made capekino.
>>
>>83828208

>The multiverse argument is stupid because the very reason it exists is to not fuck with the current beloved timeline/characterization.

The current beloved timeline/characterization began in 2011 and has been changed significantly recently in 2016 by the Rebirth initiative. The main timeline/characterization prior to the 2011 reboot was a lot different. DC constantly reboot or retcons it's main comics and character characterizations. They did it in the 50s, they did it again in the 80s, they did somewhat in 2006, they did it like i said in 2011 and they're doing it right now following 2016.

So shut the fuck up about the "NOT MUH" complaints, your fucking casual. You probably think that the old cartoons are just like the comics and that the movies should have based their shit on it as well.
>>
>>83828229

The movie wasn't shitty, though. Only had a more open and daring interpretation of these iconic characters that have changed so much throughout the years since their creation.

If you think Lex was always this confident and suave bald businessman with a bass voice you're a sorrily mistaken.
>>
>>83828364
Lex was actually done pretty good, a bit too close to Nolans Joker but at least somewhat engaging. I have no idea why people bitch about that part.
>>
>>83828311

What the fuck are you talking about? Rebirth wasn't a reboot and even NU52 was mostly a relunch. Superbro and Superdad are still fundamentally the same characters. The main difference is the love interests. NU52 didn't turn Batman into a mass murderer. Even Rebirth is mostly just keeping the stuff that worked from NU52 while reverting back to more popular elements for the stuff that wasn't received as well. YOU're the casual, buddy
>>
>>83828364
>more open and daring interpretation of these iconic characters

Ever wonder why they are so iconic in the first place? I hate how some people arrogantly and pretentiously think they know better than 70 years of history
>>
>>83828364
>open and daring interpretation
Who the fuck gives a shit when the interpretation is retarded?
>>
>>83828519

Superman was changed significantly from the 30s to the 50s, then again from the 50s to the 80s, then again from the 80s to the 2000s, then again from the 2000s to 2011, and once more from 2011 to now. Sure, the 2000s interpretation brought back a lot of elements from the 50s version and the 2011 interpretation tried to mix the 30s and 50s interpretation together, but there were still changes. There are a reason why most of the readers who liked the pre-2011 interpretation of the character complained so much and are only now back to read the character comics since they got "their" version back.

You know i speak the truth. Many Superman fans wouldn't say "Superdad" is the same as "Superbro" or that "Superbro" is the same as "Superdad". The fanbase right now is pretty much cracked in the middle. The fans that started reading Superman comics with the 2011 reboot are hating the fact that "their" character was erased and the fans that preferred the old interpretation of the character are pretty much cheering the recent changes. You can say that they're fundamentally the same characters, but a lot of Superman fans on the internet disagree with you.
>>
>>83828554

Because of cartoons and movies. The critics hated MoS not because it was different from the comics they knew, since it had a LOT of similarities with various comic interpretations of the character, but because it wasn't like the old Superman movies they knew. It wasn't a fun and whimsical romance story like the Richard Donner movies.
>>
>>83828744
It was also painfully boring, don't forget that.
>>
>>83828293
>swn sit on your chair
;_;
>>
>>83828702

Superman has overall (not counting the very early years) been the same for a very long time. Both Superbro and Superdad represent, Truth, Justice and the American way. Both of them are goody two shoes boyscouts. I can't recall ever reading a story where Supes was a whiny, reckless and depressed husk like he's portrayed in DCEU movies. Same goes for Batman, he's been consistently the same for at least 30 years now and most people think it's the definitive version. Even before Miller, he was still very similar to now
>>
>>83824931
Liberals are doing the same thing to Confederate statues.
>>
>>83828519

>Even Rebirth is mostly just keeping the stuff that worked from NU52 while reverting back to more popular elements for the stuff that wasn't received as well. YOU're the casual, buddy

Rebirth has been a clusterfuck of retcons that is trying to have its cake and eat it too. Editors are trying to keep most of the N52 canon, while changing a few things here and there, mostly only the most hated changes the 2011 reboot brought, but people are still hating the elements from the 2011 reboot that DC is trying to keep it as relevant.
>>
>>83828413
>Lex was actually done pretty good, a bit too close to Nolans Joker
>a bit too close to Nolans Joker
Has being on /tv/ too long fucked your brain up?
>>
>>83828875
You have to be blind not to see similarities with the mannerism.
>>
>>83828835

>Superman has overall (not counting the very early years) been the same for a very long time.

Only if you count the very basic of traits. His characterization and large parts of his mythos changed significantly over the years.

>Both Superbro and Superdad represent, Truth, Justice and the American way. Both of them are goody two shoes boyscouts.

These ideals will always be touted because they're an iconic slogan of the character, but the Superdad and Supebro dubbed versions of the character have different characterizations. Lots of Superman fans agree on this.

>I can't recall ever reading a story where Supes was a whiny, reckless and depressed husk like he's portrayed in DCEU movies.

Johns, Perez, Pak and Tomasi's run had "Superbro" acting that way.

> Same goes for Batman, he's been consistently the same for at least 30 years now and most people think it's the definitive version. Even before Miller, he was still very similar to now

Batman has a different portrayal in almost every comic. His characterization also changes from run to run on his solo comics. You can ask any Batman fan if Johns portrayal is the same as any other. Of if, say, King's portrayal is the same as (Scott) Snyder's portrayal.

And Miller's portrayal was very different at the time from the bronze age portrayal. Just because the bronze age comics were already bringing back some of the hard-boiled style stories that were lacking during the silver age era that doesn't mean that Batman, the character itself, behaved mostly the same way in Miller's Dark Knight Returns as he did in the O'Neil's comics.
>>
>>83823825
>cinematography
>garbage
That was one of the best things about it though
>>
>>83823940
>>The Mummy does little more than reflect dark, Millennial political unease. Its Iraq War setting — in which characters playing American soldiers mimic the Taliban in violating the sanctity of anthropological treasures — evokes post-9/11 distress simply as a platform for violence: knockabout fight scenes and chase sequences.
FINALLY a critic mentions the symbolic interpretation of Cruise's first scene
>>
>>83829060

>These ideals will always be touted because they're an iconic slogan of the character

See, now you finally understand what I was trying to say. Sorry you had to write a fucking wall of text about obvious stuff. No shit, Snyder and King write a slightly different Batman but the core is still the same. That was my whole point from the beginning. I'm fine with changing minor details but if you fuck with the core, then it's just not the same character anymore. It's like if they did a movie with Hal Jordan as a villain. Or an Injustice or Red Son movie. Who wants to see that?
>>
>>83823532

> is because it depicted a female character as the villain of the movie who had as a goal hunting down a random guy, the MC, so she could use him as a sacrifice to bring a powerful male god as a lover so they could rule the planet together as a couple.

Or maybe because you have just described the whole plot of Power Rangers Turbo (the movie).
>>
>>83828927
Lex was putting on an act for everyone around him until the very end of the movie when he's snapped. The Luthor we see come back will not be the same because he no longer has use for his wall.
>>
>>83824226
I can only imagine the hissy fit you'd have thrown if you were alive when the first issue of Wonder Woman was printed.
>>
>>83828865
Cletus, sorry that leftists* don't find historical value in your 110 year old statues of stupid slaveowners who were so butthurt they were going to have 3% of their economy taken away for ethical reasons that they decided to make a new fucking country instead of sucking it up

if you think that statue covered in bird shit in the middle of a city anyways is comparable to thousand year old religious statues, you are truly a confederate at heart
>>
>>83829535
Keep blowing up historical monuments for shallow emotional payoff, Achme...sorry, Jayden.
>>
>>83826538

This though. I hope they can improve, taking the world building forward. A Bill Condon directed Frankenstein movie sounds great.
>>
>>83829535
>dismantling historical monuments because muh feelings
Not even a southerner but retards like yourself tried to get.a civil war museum to get rid of confederate flags because they were "offensive"
A fucking civil war museum
>>
>>83823532
Niggers are such clueless apes. Considering watching this to give it my money just to spite WE WUZ niggers.
>>
>>83824101
>this exchange was LITERALLY in the movie
No, it was more along the lines of
>Cruise: The coffin we found
>Blonde: Sarcophagus
>Cruise: Whatever, the writing on the coffin
>Blonde: Heiroglyphs
>Cruise: Bitch, I don't have time for anthropologist semantics.

Yeah, it's pretty bad all around.
>>
>>83830978
The reason for that exchange is the international audience
>>
>>83830832
Traitors who couldn't even win don't deserve to have their flags be flown in the name of 'pride'
>>
>>83831027
Yeah sure paki we believe you
>>
>>83831027
Maybe? In any case, it was a poorly written and executed attempt at banter.
>>
>>83831030
It isn't pride, its history
Its a fucking museum
>>
>>83831030
The flags aren't being flown, it's a museum.
>Northern cuck in charge of reading
>>
>>83831071
That flag deserves but to burned wherever it is. It's an insignia of faggots who dared to break up the United States, and went to war against us. Then they got crushed like the dungbeetles they were. And now they dare to fly that shit and defend it ? Fuck it.

If they really want to show kids what it looked like , they should have a daily flag burning ceremony in the museum where that piece of shit is incinerated to remind those who dare harbour dreams of secession , what happened to the last bunch of traitors
>>
>>83831191
Lincoln, go to bed.
>>
>>83831191
It's funny how twerps like you never have a patriotic thing to say except in this one case where it gives you an excuse to bash other Americans.
>>
>>83826446
Over that ugly old blonde that you fucked one time? No question.
>>
>>83831243
No what's funny is how 'patriots' are sitting silently when Texas and California threaten succession, Governors openly disrespect the authority of the Federal government and Supreme Court and people are more loyal to bullshit like their political affiliations instead of national unity. I regularly bash this bullshit about 'Calixit' and Texan superiority, but Southern Pride is a whole new level of bullshit. The North won. The South will never fucking rise again.
>>
>>83831386
You seem unhinged. No one in Texas outside of maybe some random nobodies has said anything about secession and the Calixit people are a small number of angry cranks who will move on once they get over losing the election. Most people in the South just want the government to focus on things that matter, such as e.g. the economy. There is no serious threat of secession from any region of the country and you getting as worked up as you apparently are over the prospect of Civil War 2 is just weird.
>>
>>83831386
That's why America is Russia's bitch now. This American Exceptionalism thing is out of control
>>
>>83831386
>Governors openly disrespect the authority of the Federal government and Supreme Court
What's even better is big government retards that are completely oblivious to the fact that state's have rights too and are granted autonomy on a great many things. There's no need to be triggered. Educate yourself on how state and federal government interact.
>Southern Pride is a whole new level of bullshit. The North won. The South will never fucking rise again.
It's just heritage m8, quite a lot of southern men died fighting off invading northern armies, many of those boys gave zero fucks about slaves, but Lincoln sending in an army was the impetus for many men enlisting. The flag isn't advocating secession, it's just a part of history. Calm down.
>>
>>83831589
BTFO. America can fuck Putin's closeted ass on any day ending with a Y
>>
>>83831574

That's why Texas behaves like it's doing us a favor by staying in the Union, California's Governor is disrespecting the President on an International scale, and every fucker in South cashes welfare checks while gushing about their traitor ancestors dying for 'states right' or some bullshit
>>
>shills got so fucking anally tormented that Wonder Woman is a critical, audience and commercial success that they defend this absolute piece of shit

And this is nothing, just wait until WW wins an oscar before the MCU.
>>
>>83831386
Calixit would be a great move for them though. Can't blame them for not wanting to pay for the retards in flyover states, who push the entire country down.
>>
>>83831623

Then maybe the Southern men shouldn't be living off of welfare checks from the State they're so proud of their ancestors fighting against. I'm sick of this shit man.
>>
>>83831800
What makes you think those are the same people flying confederate flags? Are you ok? You're all over the place man.
>>
>>83831795
The rest of the country thinks California is a giant looney bin and would be glad if they left. Liberal crying and double rainbows do not a country make...watching it implode on itself will be the most entertaining thing in the history of the Earth.
>>
>>83831747
Texas isn't "acting" like anything. It's making money and minding its own business. Seriously, what are you smoking? How can you get this angry and hateful over shit that isn't even real outside your fevered imagination?
>>
>>83823825
This motherfucker gets it. Just finished watching the piece of shit. Terrible.
>>
>>83823825
It has to be a conspiracy,audience scores proving that WW is loved by everyone except certified disney shills in 4chan and that literally everybody hates the mummy has nothing to do with anything
>>
>>83823532
The reason this got destroyed by critics is that this supposed to be the Dark Cinematic Universe's Iron Man. Yet Tom Cruise transforms into a Mummy in the last 10 minutes of the movie and you only get a glimpse of him as a monster.
>>
>>83832242
>transforms into a Mummy
Do these fuckers even know what a mummy is? You don't fucking "transform into a mummy". What kind of retarded shit is this?
>>
>>83824091
Yeah, the obvious reasons being that none of those things are present in WW.
>>
>>83832282
It's super retarded.
He stabs himself in the torso with a dagger containing an ancient evil god, gains his power kills the lady mummy, brings back the blonde lady to life and then in the last scene they show him with bandages on his hands and face.
>>
Wonder Woman was better than Logan and on par with Iron Man, top tier capeshit. I think the best you can do is deal with this fact and stop making embarrassing threads like this one. The mummy was unwatchable too
>>
>>83832282
He's not literally a mummy, he's just possessed by the egyptian god Set.
>>
>>83832405
But what about what this guy says >>83832373
about the bandages?
>>
>>83832374
>WW is better than Logan

Hold on geezer, you're getting ahead of yourself.
>>
>>83832435
He becomes the Mummy in the sense that the movie is called the Mummy and that's it. It has nothing to do with actual mummies.
>>
>>83832460
But is it true about the bandages? If so, they explain it somehow?
>>
>>83832437
He's right. Logan is way too try hard about making you feel something.
>>
>>83832435
>>83832474
You only see bandages around his wrist. He's got on regular clothes as far as you can tell otherwise, with a shemagh covering his face.
>>
>>83831386
California can break into its own island. They can get all the Canadian water they need. Fuck "Cali"
>>
>>83823532
or maybe because I don't like Tom Cruise.
>>
>>83827436
This picture looks like a tranny fella who just told his dad he was pregnant.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.