[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just seen Her for the first time. why does love hurt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Her.jpg (64KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Her.jpg
64KB, 720x1080px
I've just seen Her for the first time.

why does love hurt so bad?

Opinions on this film?
>>
>>83810254
It was very comfy
>>
its really good
it made me feel really sad
>>
>>83810254
The main character got cucked so fucking hard
>>
It's primarily about how men feel true emotion while women, real or AI, live their life based on instinct hidden as emotion while men suffer even if they are in a relationship.
>>
>>83810421

Is getting cucked by an AI the highest form of cuckoldry?
>>
>>83810254
Found it depressingly accurate with the preppy clothing style which I personally hate but see being co-opted in the near future the way things are going. And the protagonist getting a large mindfuck of inadequacy, other than that I think I need to watch it again now
>>
>>83810455
this is definitely what I took away from it. It highlights the fact that men always care so so much than women can ever comprehend, and just shows that relationships don't work out. In the end Theo finds all the love and affection he needs in Amy, who's his friend. He doesn't need a partner after all, he's got her.
>>
>>83810254
essential numale core
>>
>>83810474
it is :( I had a bad feeling he'd get cucked by her when Amy mentioned people dating their OS' and how someone was dating someone elses. Definitely foreshadowed the ending for me, but it just hit too close to home. I related to it on every level it's scary.
>>
Made me very sad. Really well made film.
>>
GOAT soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJ_Hbiby_k&ab_channel=SoundtrackPlanet
>>
>>83810997
the music captured the emotions so well; it really resonated with me
>>
>>83810254
Guy kind of deserved to be cucked
>>
Love hurts like a bitch. It's amazing when things are fine, and that's why it hurts so much when you lose it. A relationship is a full time job, and some times your partner won't care as much or won't be willing to put as much effort to sustain it.
>>
It hurts more not feeling love than being hurt by feeling love.
>>
>>83810254
The ending quarter got up its ass a little too much about the sci-fi setting.

Like the actual story about failed love and what not was overshadowed by the AI singularity.

It should have ended with him realizing that they're not real. It's just a machine pretending and he's wasting his life trying to pursue something that is just an idealized illusion.
>>
>>83811790
I think it's important that it ended the way it did, because it highlights how everyone leaves in the end, whether they want to or not, and further strengthens Theo and Amy's friendship; which is what really matters in the end.
>>
>>83811790
My AI gf will be real non believer.
>>
>>83811960
But it wasn't just about ScarBot leaving him. It was that she became a GOD and began playing with the dead souls of geniuses and shit
That went too far
>>
>>83812033
I think it was more about people changing during a relationship, and changing what they want or what they need, hit's real close to home. Also you should read or listen to Alan Watts lectures (the genius AI she leaves with), it's all about letting go of your ego and transcending individuality, it's nice how for the AIs that's the next logical step.
>>
>>83812560
>changing what they want or what they need,
Sure. That's good and poignant

But again, it's not like Theo failed to be what she wanted/needed because he was Theo
But because he was merely human

There isn't the chance of that burning feeling of someone else being what she really wants. No one could.
>>
>>83810997
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89LwB6erXDI

why does this song hurt so bad? jesus.. i just want a cute gf to play the ukulele to me while i lie in a comfy bed
>>
>>83810254

why didn't he just system restore her and disconnect her from the internet?
>>
File: per.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
per.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
I saw it with my gf at the time. She got really angry at the AI for leaving him. It almost ticked me off, 'cause she didn't seem to take note of any of the larger philosophical questions surrounding the AI and why it leaves. Either way, she couldn't believe the AI could be so callous and disloyal. She left me a few months later because she was bored.

Women.
>>
File: ever and ever.jpg (110KB, 931x780px) Image search: [Google]
ever and ever.jpg
110KB, 931x780px
>>83813797
She got upset because she was projecting
She was angry at ScarBot because she felt herself capable of being bored with you as well
>>
>>83813884
Good analysis. She left the last guy she was with for the same reason, so I should have known better.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.