[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will any modern horror or indie horror movie surpass this? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 03470-1474287005180.jpg (459KB, 1573x2020px) Image search: [Google]
03470-1474287005180.jpg
459KB, 1573x2020px
Will any modern horror or indie horror movie surpass this? It Comes at Night was ok but the concept for this monster is still utterly horrifying.

Forget get the metaphors if that triggers you for whatever reason. The concept of something always walking toward you scares the fuck out of me. You can pass it along but 10 years from now you could look to you left and see something again walking slowly toward you, sending your life back into chaos.

Oh and the OST shits on most horror movies too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqS96JxWVA
>>
>>83809982
The movie is great but from what I recall /tv/ seems to be very split on this film for whatever reason. I really liked it, particularly the setting and music.

When I was young I used to think what would scare me the most and I always thought of an old lady that was always following me but would never run. She would just slowly pace toward me and try to kill me and seeing that finally in a film was pretty scary.
>>
File: 1454057234580.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1454057234580.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>>83809982
>Oh and the OST shits on most horror movies too
>le retro 80s vaporwave essential nightcore
sure thing pal...
>>
>>83810368
>>le retro 80s vaporwave essential nightcore

The OST for this movie and general vibe is already showing some major influence in films and games. Stranger Things obviously borrows from this movies atmosphere, setting and sound. Death Stranding is using the same sound as well. Shits good and people like it.
>>
>>83809982
I personally did not like this movie, it's a good concept ruined by a piss poor execution and I couldn't care less for the soundtrack.

The idea's been done before, passing on a curse or haunting, through some mundane means. It was done in a story called 'Casting the Runes' by M.R. James back in the early 1900s where a critic finds out he was passed an object by someone he gave a bad review to and downright weird shit happens to him. It was made into a movie in the 50s called Night of the Demon.

I still think The Blair Witch Project is the best indie horror movie of all time. It worked with its budget so impossibly well. It didn't need a single overt visual, just stick figures and rocks. Heather running in the dark, screaming 'What the fuck is that?!' at something WE can't see still fucking spooks me to this day.
>>
>>83809982
>>83810290
lel, fucking faggots
>>
>>83810531
It Follows is a product of the exact same 80s nostalgia fad that countless things before it were, dude.
>>
>>83810531
"It Follows" didn't invent synth heavy 80s music you fucking retard
>>
>>83810586
Not him but Kojima(Death Stranding director) and Stranger Things director already talked in great lengths about the music used in this film and how much they liked it.
>>
>>83810642
>didn't invent synth heavy 80s music you fucking retard
Never said it did but people are becoming knowledgeable of it again thanks to it. There's proof of that since the films came out there's been more use of it.

Whats up with everyone's vendetta against this film? Rather than it actually being bad, you guys are just wanting to hate.

What's a better recent horror movie in the last 3 or so years?
>>
>>83810983
Where have you been? The retro 80s theme and has been annoyingly popular for at least the last 7 years. 80s shit aside, it's still a good movie overall.
>>
>>83810983
Buddy just look up Hotline Miami, this movie aint got shit
>>
>>83810983
I've never seen a good discussion around here for a horror movie. Too much of a divided genre, it's hard to come to a general consensus nowadays if a horror movie is good or not. Also, the movies got like what a 96 on RT? That probably triggers people.

But I did really like this film. Only thing I would improve on is the dialogue and probably get a different cast. Everybody was pretty uninteresting.
>>
>>83811083
>Hotline Miami,
fuck off with you indie game shilling.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.