[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the decline of this wasn't as dramatic as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: futurama.jpg (464KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
futurama.jpg
464KB, 1600x1200px
How come the decline of this wasn't as dramatic as that of The Simpsons?
>>
>>83807571
The Simpsons' peak in quality and popularity was much higher than Futurama's. Consequently, Simpsons had further to fall.

Futurama had realistically 1 maybe 2 great seasons. The movies were average and season 6 and 7 were terrible.
>>
Because Futurama was off the air for 8 years before they brought it back and turned it to shit
>>
>>83807684
are you trying to tell me the episode where leela and amy get jacked up on steriods is a bad episode, because that episode has taken more than a fair share of my seed
>>
because Futurama is way better than Simpshit
>>
>>83807571
the last two seasons are mostly awful though

>>83807774
seasons 3-6 of the simpsons are better than the first four of futurama
>>
>>83807571
because people stopped giving a shit before the show even got bad. people still loved the Simpsons as it was spiraling
>>
Futurama was never great aside from a couple of episdodes.
>>
First two seasons are GOAT, second two are great and then a long cancellation fucked it. Modern cartoon writers don't seem to be able top capture the humor of the late 90's and early 2000's, social media and the internet have made 'lol so random' and references the peak of humor. American Dad, Family guy, the Simpsons and Futurama have all dipped massively in quality
>>
>>83807861
>the last two seasons are mostly awful though
I am ambivalent. I am ok with all up to the last movie (I enjoyed the first and last movie above all) and I find the last two seasons episodes not bad by themselves, some is even brilliant, but they feel more disconnected from the series continuity in character choices and coherence with what happened before.

Like the one with Bender and its mortality and the Hermes past is nice, but does not make sense with the rest of the previous episodes. Is an ass-pull, a gimmick to build the episode.
>>
Rick and Morty is better than any season of this narcolepsy inducing trash.
>>
>>83808560
*tips*
>>
>>83807571
I think the authors cared more.
You can even find jokes here and there about the fact that nobody cared for Futurama and they instead had Simpson Fatigue.

Also, the references were high quality, good movies or just good science. This is why this retard >>83808560
found it boring.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.