[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The haggling >Jerry getting his old college buddy fired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1280x720-fAu.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-fAu.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>The haggling
>Jerry getting his old college buddy fired
>George buys a big dumb $8000 hat under Elaines Peterman account
>The 3 way phone call that gets Elaine in deep water in accounting ending in Jerry just talking to nobody
>The red laser pointing out of Kramers peephole
>The loud buzzing with red floodlights in Kramers apartment
>Kramer mistakes tomato juice for milk, the close zooms on him ruining jerrys apartment
>George places his hat in his dates apartment to get a second date
>Jerrys college buddy becomes Kenny Rogers co-manager.
>Mr. Marbles
>Kramers apartment banner
>The apartment switch where Jerry becomes Kramer, vice versa
>George steals a fucking clock
>"VILE WEED"
>the apocalypse now gag
>Mr. Marbles is real ending on the 2spoopiest ending ever in Seinfeld

Is the Chicken Roaster the greatest episode ever? Nothing tops it.
>>
No, i appreciate your enthusiasm, but it's funny in the broad, cartoonish way of later seasons, not the superior, more incisive, idiosyncratic humor of earlier seasons.
>>
>>83804522
Yeah I can agree with that.

I cant really think of the best episode of the earlier seasons though.
>>
>>83804496

This is one of the funniest episodes. Top 15 on my list. Jerry was cringey trying to act like Kramer though. Inb4 Jerry can't act anyway.
>>
>>83804496
>Is the Chicken Roaster the greatest episode ever? Nothing tops it.

I'd say "The Anvil Maker" tops it, barely.
>>
Definitely one of my favorites. As >>83804522
said, it is not as grounded or as satirical as the earlier stuff, but it sure is fun. The whole Jerry-Kramer switch is hilarious; i love the elements of seinfeld where they are satirizing the show itself (the pilot comes to mind).
>>
File: Jerry Seinfeld Thumbs Up.jpg (90KB, 560x807px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry Seinfeld Thumbs Up.jpg
90KB, 560x807px
I'm rewatching the series from start to finish

This was the most kino seinfeld moment

https://youtu.be/j6KElMnn1Bw?t=12s
>>
The best moment is when George is with the girl who thinks he's paranoid and Jerry drives past wearing glasses to humour Kramer/Lloyd Braun and doesn't recognise George and George tries to explain that the man in the car was his best friend who didn't recognise him because he was trying to fool another person that the woman thinks George is obsessed with

The fucking layers to that joke, the pay off of having something so unlikely come out of someones mouth who you think is a paranoid lunatic, for it to be true, it's fucking genius level writing.
>>
>>83806586
Where do you even start with a joke like that?
>>
I still think The Chinese Restaurant, while not the best episode is the definitive Seinfeld episode
>>
>>83807294
This is true, or The Parking Garage, but plebs will be unable to understand the humor since cell phones have ruined everything.
>>
>>83804496
You forgot the best part, where Bob Sacamano calls at 3 AM.
>>
muffin tops
>>
>>83807285
Every joke has an element of surprise, so you'd start with "George sounds paranoid but he's telling the truth" but then you need to come up with Jerry wearing glasses for some reason and George being obsessed with Braun and the girl thinking George is crazy

It takes a fair bit of work to make it all work in one believable narrative, and it's so worth it.

I think the writer for that episode was Alec Berg if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>83804496
>Jerry becomes Kramer

This one one of my favorite gags. Kramer is hanging out with Elaine in Jerry's apartment, playing the straight man perfectly, and Jerry busts in looking like a maniac. Starts mentioning Bob Sacamento.

>I'm on no sleep. NO sleep!

A lot like the episode where Jerry learns to stop hiding his emotions and becomes a clingy sap. It's always fun to see Seinfeld do something besides react to everyone else being wacky with a little deadpan snark and a smirk.

>>83804522

Call me a pleb but I prefer the later seasons. They were heavier in circulation when I was a kid and they all have a bigger presence in my memory. Not to say the earlier episodes aren't great, but the rapid fire Looney Tunes humor in the last few seasons is a lot of silly fun that (usually) stays in character.
>>
>>83807652
>>
>>83808372
no no it is TO YOU
>>
>>83808239
>A lot like the episode where Jerry learns to stop hiding his emotions and becomes a clingy sap.

That was great, because everyone was so weirded out by it. Which is a perfect illustration of why Seinfeld was and always will be superior to Friends and other contenders: it never took itself seriously nor expected the audience to become emotionally invested in the characters. There were never any "very special moments" and we were never told to sympathize with the characters on an emotional level. What other show could play off the death of a main character's fiance as a joke, or treat humorously the attempted rape (and murder?) of the main female character? The characters on Seinfeld were assholes, what made that work is that both they knew it and we knew it.
>>
The only episode of this show that I didn't like was the one where Kramer did karate because it was a little childish. Other than that this show delivered genius comedy that just came together so well season after season. You know the writers were smart by ending when they did instead of letting it run too long and losing its touch. Really great ending too. Wrapped things up very nicely.
>>
>>83804496
i have memories of kenny rogers chicken being fucking delicious. i wish it was still around.
>>
>>83808432
That was all Jerrys call. All the other writers were pissed off that they lost their cashcow. Larry David was pissed off they didnt end the show when he quit.

Funny dynamics.
>>
>>83808432
The writers didn't want to end it. Jerry did.
>>
>>83808490
Why did Larry David quit anyway? Did he think they ran out of ideas?
>>
I sometimes wonder if Seinfeld wouldn't be as profitable in syndication if Jerry continued the show until it become unpopular, or less popular.

Like would audiences still be turning in today if they knew they might get a 'bad' episode from the 'worse later seasons'? Would it tarnish the product?

Because Seinfeld and David became almost billionaire due to syndication. If all that money came from not letting the show degrade, Jerry is a fucking lucky/genius guy.
>>
>>83808631
He never enjoyed writing the show, he threatened to quit literally every year and would have mental breakdowns, crying because he didn't think he could come up with anything and didn't want the stress basically. He tells the story that he began to cry when they got picked up for a second season.

I think after a while he just gave in, he was a millionaire now and didn't really need to stress himself. You can see his work ethic reflected in Curb Your Enthusiasm where he takes years off between seasons and never really knows whether he's going to come back for a new season.
>>
>>83808683
Good point, Seinfeld is the one syndicated show I can watch on TV and know I'll always enjoy myself.
>>
>>83808763
I feel the same way about Married With Children.

Though, I tend to avoid the first couple seasons of Seinfeld.
>>
I still want a single full modern day season with the original cast
>niggers, Jerry!
>>
>>83808915
at least you have https://youtu.be/6dXBC6R_rxk?t=9s
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.