[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's everyone's favorite coming of age film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 342734.jpg (73KB, 786x437px) Image search: [Google]
342734.jpg
73KB, 786x437px
What's everyone's favorite coming of age film

Mine is Francis Ha
>>
She is in her late 20s, isn't that a bit old to be "coming of age"?

muhllenials
>>
>>83801229

Shin Gojira
>>
>>83801229
I hope you and Noah Baumbach get kicked in the nuts so hard his movies'll stop existing.
Although I enjoyed Kicking and Screaming
>>
File: moonrise kingdom.jpg (101KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
moonrise kingdom.jpg
101KB, 400x600px
>>83801229
>because i'm a wes anderson fanboy
fight me
>>
File: 100_2501.jpg~original.jpg (29KB, 624x464px) Image search: [Google]
100_2501.jpg~original.jpg
29KB, 624x464px
le obligatory running through the street scene while "inspiring" music plays in the background
>>
>>83801368
Francis is his only movie really worth watching though. It has this cozy kind of melancholy to it, and maybe it's becuase it mirrors my own life in some ways
>>
File: p7912025_p_v8_aa.jpg (371KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p7912025_p_v8_aa.jpg
371KB, 960x1440px
>>
coming of age films are for nonces who missed out on teen love
>>
File: mommy.jpg (33KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
mommy.jpg
33KB, 480x465px
>>83801444
kek'd
>>
>>83801474
Mistress America and The Squid and the Whale are good also
>>
Girls the tv series except the endings were tired and made for convenience

hate the trope where the character creates a piece of art that is a meta commentary on the show itself
and when the writers tie things up neatly so everyone knows things will be swell for characters forever more
>>
>>83801408
I hear the readhead aged really well
>>
File: blue-velvet-0003.jpg (113KB, 1024x432px) Image search: [Google]
blue-velvet-0003.jpg
113KB, 1024x432px
>>83801229
>>
>>83802306
>readhead

And her tits, not her face
>>
Kids
>>
>>83801229
>Francis Ha
Explain the appeal. It was a decent idea, and it was an okay film, but honestly it could have been done a LOT better. Also never understood the B&W. Literally why? It added nothing, and took away nothing.

>>83801408
Decent choice. Like all of Wes' films, it was a bit (no, very) odd in a few sections, but overall it was enjoyable.
>>
Murmur of the Heart
>>
Mine is Frances Ha as well I think.
>>83801285
That's exactly why. It's a comfy movie for us 20 something NEETs or those who border on NEET and still have to find what they want from life and feel they need to mature. When it looks like everyone else already has and they are in control of their lives but you aren't, even though you are an adult and you should be.
The only thing that I didn't like was how she had to give in and accept something that wasn't exactly what she wanted in the end, and only then her life starts to get better. but I guess they had to end the movie that way. In that sense I kind of prefer Inside Llewyn Davis, the character is sort of in a similar situation but the endings are the opposite in both movies.

I read that Mistress America is sort of a sequel but is it really? I haven't seen it.
>>
All About Lily Chou Chou
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.