[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Watch Adam Curtis documentary >Feel utter loss of hope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: anime despair.gif (381KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
anime despair.gif
381KB, 180x135px
>Watch Adam Curtis documentary
>Feel utter loss of hope for the next week or so
>>
File: heather.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
heather.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>yfw you realize Adam Curtis watches Youtube videos of little girls dancing in his spare time.

But in all seriousness. Life is better in every way. We have less wars than ever. there's more vegetation than ever. Infant mortality is down by half. Maternal deaths are down by half. We are eradicating diseases left and right. The sweatshop countries of the 50's (Taiwan, Japan, SO Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong) have a GDP close if not higher than the US. and they have the best K-12 education. Life expectancy is increasing. only like 6% of the world is living in abject poverty compared to 100 years ago when 94% were. Interracial marriage is at an all time high.

Just check out this website and click on category
http://humanprogress.org/
>>
>>83785041
Why? They're interesting but ultimately unrealistic.
>>
File: ngbbs54d0655440839.jpg (7KB, 216x251px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs54d0655440839.jpg
7KB, 216x251px
>>83785041
nigga own up to your own thread, and at least try to bump it. Don't just abandon it
>>
>>83785243
Meme posts aside, I do wonder if all doomsayers are wilfully ignoring the many positive developments we've seen over the years.
>>
>>83785243
Progress is made by scientific research. Meanwhile politic and Market have been growing like an invasive parasite to the extent you wouldn't believe a few generations ago.
>>
>>83785960
what do you think is unrealistic?

>>83786064
we take so much for granted it's insane. I was born in Chile. In one generation Chile has made tremendous economic advances. (My mom and aunts were raised in abject motherfucking poverty. I'm talking undernourishment, only owned one pair of shoes poverty, help from nuns) A lot of my cousins have university degrees now. One is now a doctor. My aunts own giant TV's, their own homes, etc. and yet all Chileans do is complain. They complain about everything.

>>83786074
I agree with the government part. The market growth I think is a good thing. 300B people have been raised out of poverty from SE Asia alone. In two generations the sweatshop countries of the 50's achieved what USA and UK achieved in 100 years of sweatshops. In other words, in the 40's children in Hong Kong had to prostitute themselves. In the 60's they worked in sweatshops. In the 80's they could send their kids to school instead of prostituting them. Their grandchildren went to college, and now Hong Kong has a higher per capita GDP and the United States.
>>
>>83785243
Seriously though. How the hell did he stumble on this obscure YouTube video if not because he's into cunny?
>>
>you can't have more that 5 active threads
bumping this shit to make my posts go down
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.