[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies to watch when you're so so sad and utterly defeated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Main-Quad_AW_29617-Sicario.jpg (581KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Main-Quad_AW_29617-Sicario.jpg
581KB, 1333x1000px
Movies to watch when you're so so sad and utterly defeated as an individual that you're just blank face, choking back the horrified and irate response you have for the state of everything?
>>
The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
Kill List
Green Room
Eden Lake

All great bleakino.
>>
A Serious Man

I can so identify with this dude's life falling apart in every conceivable way
>>
File: 1401179525600.jpg (22KB, 252x249px) Image search: [Google]
1401179525600.jpg
22KB, 252x249px
>>83762300
>>83762466
>>83762477
>>
>depressed
>want to see depressing movie

I dont get this logic

wouldnt you want to see a happy movie and not something to make you feel worse
>>
>>83762579
Hello newfriend
>>
>>83762579
because in a depressed state you can relate to a darker movie where as a comedy would just feel pretentious, annoying and fake as fuck.
>>
>>83762579
Because depression is like an addiction. They party on their feeling of melancholy because this is atleast something to feel instead of apathy.
>>
Apocalypse Now.
>>
>>83762579

>feel sad and no desire to live
>watch lilya 4 ever
>see misery
>still feel sad maybe even less desire to live now, but appreciate how good i have it
>>
>>
Melancholia
>>
File: 1482238272198.jpg (35KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
1482238272198.jpg
35KB, 620x372px
Das Boot and Stalingrad (1993) are great total defeat for a wavering cause kino.
>>
is mexico really this yellow?
>>
Leaving Las Vegas
>>
>>83762579
>not watching soul wrecking kinos to better understand your isolated/abused/socially inept state

Embrace the negative emotions my dear friend, escapism is for the weak.
>>
>>83762300
>>83762466
>>83762477
Shit choices compared to the OP

>>83762989
Probably the only good rec so far along with Das Boot here >>83763892

Let me add The Ninth Gate although that doesn't really leave you with a sense of satisfaction as Sicario does but with a feeling of emptyness.
>>
>>83763576
This is exactly correct. It is called catharsis.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIFlhzdILMc
>>
> how her nigger partner repeatedly mentioned that she hasn't showered for days and keeps wearing the same clothes

man I wanted to sniff her stinky socks so bad
>>
http://letterboxd.com/obsolete/list/tv-s-depressioncore/
>>
>>83764374
Wow. Epic post!
>>
I think most of you here are missing the point. OP wants to be intrigued into something that engages the instincts he has forgotten. I loved Sicario because of that and have watched it over 8 times now because of this. These films are very rare. They don't depress; they don't preach positivity - they just 'ground' you inside yourself for a while, for lack of better expression.
>>
>>83764336
Meh
>>
>>83762579
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharsis
>>
>>83762624
I focus on the pain
it's the only thing that's real
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.