[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come there aren't many woman directors? What is it about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2790.jpg (128KB, 980x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2790.jpg
128KB, 980x552px
How come there aren't many woman directors? What is it about directing that attracts more men than women?
>>
Womenly inherently want to be liked by everyone. And culturally they are not drawn to both creative and technical career paths. Directors must flex their creative muscles and technical muscles simultaneously, and they must guide large groups of people at the risk of being disliked because they're micromanaging everything and possibly rubbing people the wrong way--all while under the gun by the studio to get that shit in the can by a specific date.

That mix of skills and personality traits is rare with women in American culture. Also Hollywood might be sexist, I dunno.
>>
>>83756850

Women rather be in front of the camera getting all the attention than behind it actually having to make decisions and create something.
>>
The film industry is inherently sexist obviously. There's no other explanation. #womenbehindthecamera
>>
man are visual creatures.
women are emotional creatures.
/thread
>>
Honestly I think I'm on track to figuring out why and it's a little philosophical but just entertain me

Men are more conditioned than women to "look", especially at female bodies of course.

I believe this has taught men to look and analyze things within the lens of attraction. This is why many great men have created art, architecture, tools, film, etc.

Looking at things and deriving pleasure from its creation and also just its presence. The camera mimics the male eye which is especially noticeable in sexy closeups and shit but other ways too

Idk I'm high as fuck rn
>>
>>83757035
I like this. Never thought of it like that. Good post anon.
>>
if directing a short film taught me anything, the level of anxiety that hollywood directors must experience when any million level budget is on the line is terrifying and hardly any woman would be able to handle it
>>
File: 1496393494220.jpg (350KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496393494220.jpg
350KB, 1500x1000px
>>83756997
>>83757035
thats basically what i said... before the fag below me
>>
>>83757245
Okay fine. Here have a (You)
>>
>>83756850
Being a director is a fucking tough job and women abhor working hard at anything.
>>
>>83756850
Because in order to direct a decent movie, you have to have some artistic ability and women do not have that skill.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.