[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like him? His films are completely ordinary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Alfred Hitchcuck.jpg (52KB, 802x890px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred Hitchcuck.jpg
52KB, 802x890px
Why do people like him? His films are completely ordinary and unremarkable.
>>
>>83752678

What a pleb opinion. Go watch some capeshit, maybe the avengers can hold your attention better.
>>
>>83752678
If that's the case, which films do you consider extraordinary and remarkable?
>>
This is how you know someone knows absolutely nothing about film.
>>
>>83752678
>completely ordinary and unremarkable

Yeah, they are now, because everyone out there and their mother have been copying him for over 50 years now.
>>
>Alfred Hitchcock called this an "icebox" scene, meaning it's the kind of scene that hits you after you've gone home and start pulling cold chicken out of the icebox. "Hey," says the hypothetical viewer. "How did Kim Novak vanish from the hotel? Did we ever find that out?"
hitchcock was a hack
>>
Maybe ordinary in that filmmaking copied so much of his style.

You wouldn't have Silence of the Lambs without Strangers on a Train and Psycho. And that's just one example of his most famous work.

I'll agree The Birds is a pretty cheesy B-Movie although it is done nicely.
>>
>>83753654
For its time The Birds was pretty damn impressive. The work they did to overlay the shots of birds flying (attacking) and the actual actors was pretty high-tech and innovative, although nowadays it looks dated. I still always liked it though. I just recently rewatched Strangers on a Train and was really impressed with the amount of tension and emotion Hitchcock achieved just through the framing of his camera shots. People don't do camerawork or editing like that anymore.
>>
>>83752678
THEY ARE TURNING THE FREAKING BIRDS GAY
>>
>His films are completely ordinary and unremarkable.

What bullshit. Try and watch a Hitchcock film that hasn't been meme'd to death by pop culture and predict the ending.
>>
>>83753654
Even then, the meticulous planning that went into every single scene Hitchcock shot makes him pretty unparalleled
>>
>>83752678
I thought they were neat when they premiered in theaters. I guess I am just getting old.
>>
>>83753778
Yeah I remember as a kid my Mom telling me I should watch The Birds because it's just a damn good movie. And I mean it is but at the same time it's mostly just a woman screaming while being chased by birds and it feels kinda silly.

And yeah I'm well aware there's deeper interpretations of The Birds being about femininity and sexuality but I just don't think it's a film you're meant to ponder over.

I cringe when I see fucking kids talk shit about Hitchcock or Robert Aldrich, they made challenging movies, films that don't just spell everything out for you like modern Hollywood crap.
>>
>>83752678
>>
>>83753453
Literally Nolan tier

Hitchcuck is shit and literally one of the first proponents of the soulless anglo-american cinema
>>
File: images (6).jpg (5KB, 326x179px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
5KB, 326x179px
>>
>>83752678
Guarantee this guy loved Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>83752678
Bait
>>
>>83753778
The shot in Strangers on a train where the tennis crowd's eyes are darting back and forth with the ball while Bruno is just staring at the antagonist is pure unmitigated Kino
>>
>>83756639
*protagonist
>>
>>83756639
Yes I love that shot in particular too. I always remember the shot of Bruno's shadow overtaking the other boat as they go in the tunnel of love, and the murder scene being displayed through the broken glasses. There's lots of great stuff in that movie. It's one of my favorite Hitchcock movies.
>>
Are you a redditor, OP?
>>
>>83752678
watch rear window
>>
Put it in context. They now seem ordinary because he set the norm.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.