[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who feels this episode is too contrived?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: latest.jpg (131KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
131KB, 512x384px
Am I the only one who feels this episode is too contrived?

>Homer finally got his dream job and perfect life where people respect him
And then
>Marge realise she got nothing in her life except being a housewife
>Bart finds out a proper school wont deal with his bullshit
>Lisa get some out of nowhere allergy
It feels so unfair for Homer
>>
>>83730305
The family are the fans and homer is the writers wanting to change the status quo.
>>
>>83730305
It's such a cozy episode. One of my favorites.
>>
>>83730305
Or the episode where he has all the premium channels on TV and he's forced to not watch it because it's a bad thin while all the neighbors watch it in his house. Or the episode where he sues Burns and is about to become millionaire but then Marge steps in. His family is just horrible.
>>
>>83730491
>>>83730305 (OP)

Neither of these things ever happened.
>>
DUDE TALK FAST LMAO
>>
>>83730305
How is it unfair to Homer? 3 should suffer so 1 can be happy? Homer wasn't even unhappy in Springfield. Agree with >>83730491 though.
>>
>>83730305
>Marge realise she got nothing in her life except being a housewife

good goy, being a housewife is bad.
>>
>>83730305
Honesty he had it all and let it slip away because of bullshit.
>>
>>83730491
Nothing tops this for the family being shitty to Homer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtG7OTTJjWc
>>
>>83730305
This is probably my favorite episode. What bugs me is they use the same guys voice in the movie, but not Scorpio. They should have finished the story for the movie.
>>
>>83730305

>Homer is successful
>Marge/Lisa sabotage him

Feels like every other early Simpsons episode.

>Marge my boss wants this and will greatly reward me!
>No muh feelings wont let me homie
>>
>>83731163
Imagine the balls it would have taken for them to have Lisa reason that she could use that money far better than Burns, and they fucking mercy kill the show then and there. On a high note. The end.
>>
>>83731317
Or have Homer actually die in the ICU after Lisa tells him just how much money she pissed away.
>>
>>83731294
this is why I can't stand them. recently watched s2-4 and they were all this.
>>
>>83731163
>lisa
Every fucking time.
>>
>Marge could have taken a job or pick up a hobby, instead she acted like a piece of shit
>Bart could have quit his bullshit and take extra classes to receive a good education, Marge could have homeschooled him, instead acted like a piece of shit
>Lisa could have taken some pills against her allergies, taken some more jazz classes, received top class education, instead acted like a piece of shit

This one time Homer wasn't a piece of shit and his family had to be.
>>
>>83731988
To be fair, Homer was probably going to get killed at that job, so perhaps it was for the best.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.