[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A guitar destroyed by Kurt Russell's character was not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: guitar.jpg (146KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
guitar.jpg
146KB, 1366x768px
>A guitar destroyed by Kurt Russell's character was not a prop but an antique 1870s Martin guitar loaned by the Martin Guitar Museum. According to sound producer Mark Ulano, the guitar was supposed to have been switched with a copy to be destroyed, but this was not communicated to Russell; everyone on the set was "pretty freaked out" at the guitar's destruction, and Leigh's reaction was genuine, though "Tarantino was in a corner of the room with a funny curl on his lips, because he got something out of it with the performance." Museum director Dick Boak said that the museum was not told that the script included a scene that called for a guitar being smashed, and determined that it was irreparable. The insurance remunerated the purchase value of the guitar. As a result of the incident, the museum will no longer loan guitars to film productions.
>>
>>83722727
Based desu
>>
>>83722727
Who the fuck cares

Its just a guitar you pussies
>>
>>83722727
Leigh's "whoa whoa whoa!!" is so genuine I love it.
>>
>>83722818
I always thought she broke out of character a little in that moment and now I know why.

What a fucking great movie that was, man.
>>
>>83722791
this, we can even build better ones today anyway
>>
>>83722727
Edward James Olmos would be proud
>>
>>83722791
>>83722849
you know back in my day trolling meant something
>>
Antiques are mostly literally worthless besides their collectable market value

That guitar is actually interesting now that its been destroyed in such a way.
>>
>>83722892
please elaborate
>>
why did they have the original in the first place? Just use the copy for the whole scene. nobody would know the difference. This sounds like a made up story
>>
Based Tarantella keeping the authenticity high.
>>
>>83722905
>worthless besides their market value
does not compute
>>
>>83722941
prolly because Tarantino is a massive autist who wants everything to be exactly like it should be in his mind or he freaks the fuck out

you know, just like us
>>
>>83722941
Well they were playing it so I imagine partly it was to have an authentic sound regardless of if people would notice or not. Tons of directors put autistic amounts of attention to things that people won't notice. I'm sure there are plenty of other movies that use period era props if possible.
>>
haha epic
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.