[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tv/ what was television and movies like in the 90s? I was born

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1496882370733.jpg (329KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1496882370733.jpg
329KB, 1200x1800px
/tv/ what was television and movies like in the 90s?

I was born in 1999 so I don't really remember.
>>
>>83719982
Movies and TV have done a 180 starting about 99. TV was traditionally shit except for a few jems. Now movies are mostly shit and TV is where the good stuff is. Before 99 you would never see anything even remotely close to the same quality as Narcos, GoT, Black Mirror. Decent TV was arguably started by The Sopranos.
>>
>>83719982

Magical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xICmPAV3JdA
>>
>>83719982
I miss film. Real film in real cameras. Digital pictures and video are cold, like 5000k LED lights.
To answer your question, 90s tv was mostly network comedy and drama. Very safe, very bland with few exceptions.
Indy movies were popular, which wad nice. One of my local theaters had small screens in large rooms with couches and chairs. I went there a lot.
On the other hand, too many 90s movies had really bad cgi. I saw a lot of movies in regular theaters that looked like shit because someone wanted all their vfx done with a video toaster.
>>
While I'm reminiscing, what's with all the blockbuster nostalgia? They sucked. Horrible selection, with dozens of shitty new releases and one rented copy of the movie you wanted to see. Ridiculous fees for being late or not rewinding. They ran out local stores. I don't miss them.
>>
>>83719982
90S NYC WAS THE GOAT

BUT 70S NYC WAS THE MOST AUTHENTIC
>>
>>83720923
Authentic = getting mugged, huh?
>>
It was fun.

Cartoons were better -- Saturday morning cartoons were great.

Wrestling was great, too -- believe it or not.

I REALLY miss 1999. That was an awesome year all around.
>>
>>83719982
mostly cheesy dogshit with the odd kino. Everything was scrambling for a cute catchphrase and fad to sweep the public with so that's why they have a lot of one liners.

Having said that, it was EXTREMELY /comfy/
>>
>>83721013
YES
>>
any news on new new films trickled slow as fuck through magazines and tv. Movies had way more magic, even if they were over the top cheesy bullshit simply because you had to wait longer to receive information and you would hear things through word of mouth a lot more. Trailers were narrated with the serious guy voice and the lack of 4chan meant everyone talked about it in school.
>>
>>83721375
I used to read movie reviews to get a sense of what the movie was about. I haven't read a critic's review in years, maybe a decade.
I used to sometimes go years between reading about a movie I might like and actually seeing it.
>>
>>83719982
Meh, with a few diamonds thrown in. The advent of "reality" shows destroyed network tv.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.