[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT (that's In This Thread for you redditors): Meme films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: warriorsposter.jpg (61KB, 1024x569px) Image search: [Google]
warriorsposter.jpg
61KB, 1024x569px
ITT (that's In This Thread for you redditors): Meme films you will never understand.

I didn't grow up in the 80s, but am aware that this was never even all quite popular at the time, it's a cult film that was forced to find its audience years later. However, unlike the majority of 80s and 90s cult films, or films that are considered cult today, The Warriors, ignoring the fact it's not even that good of a film, is strange in the way it found its audience. I guess in part it had to do with the release of that terrible video game as well.
>>
>>83697722
>ignoring the fact it's not even that good of a film
eh, it's 'cult' for a reason. do you not know what is implied by 'cult film'?
>>
>>83697972
I know what it means, asshole, but compared to other films that originally did poorly with inevitable future cult followings The Warriors almost doesn't seem to deserve all the attention it has gotten recently. It's as if some time in the mid 2000s someone flipped a switch and The Warriors was suddenly cool.
>>
>>83697722
fuck off op, you little fucking faggot
>>
>>83697722

I saw this for the first time late at night on television when i was a kid. It was my MOTHER of all people who saw it in the TV guide and told me I should watch it and that I'd like it. This was long before the video game.

Anyway she was right, I really enjoyed it. I was particularly attracted to the way it looked and it left me with a mild fascination about 70s/80s New York.
>>
>>83697722
Fuck off OP.
The Warriors is a great dystopian film.
>>
>le warriors, come out to play XDD

Do you even have to ask why it is so popular today vs before? It's the perfect combination of 70's/80's nostalgia and teenage edginess that speaks to late millennial and generation Z types.
>>
What put me off is now adays they'd never get away with using a cast of DYELs.
>>
God, I fucking hate the warriors
>>
I've always thought the warriors would make an amazing remake possible Netflix series
The aesthetic is really cool but yeah as a movie it's pretty shit
>>
>>83699320
>would make an amazing remake possible Netflix series
get cancer you pathetic sack of shit
>>
File: 1446081314298.gif (2MB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1446081314298.gif
2MB, 200x189px
>>83698017
I know what you mean and I do think a lot has to do with the release of the game.

yfw you realized its basically The Odyssey
>>
>>83697722
It wasn't successful at the box office because they had to pull it from most urban theaters because of shootings stabbings and gang fights happening in the theater or in the ticket line outside. And most white people were afraid to even watch it in the suburbs and stayed home.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.