[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Is The Deer Hunter any good? Is the Blu ray good? This is my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: deerhunter_25622.jpg (195KB, 895x1326px) Image search: [Google]
deerhunter_25622.jpg
195KB, 895x1326px
Is The Deer Hunter any good?
Is the Blu ray good?

This is my dad's favorite movie so i was gonna buy it for him for Father's day.

My dad was born in 1956 so he was too young to be drafted but some of his older cousins and some older guys from his neighbor hood were. He saw TDH in theaters with one of his cousins and during the movie the guy had to leave because he had PTSD and the movie was too much for him. It's my dad's favorite movie because he thinks it's super "realistic".
>>
>>83688072
I saw it when it first came out in theaters .
I remember is being a really dark , depressing experience... harsh, brutal and left me feeling distressed.. I have not seen it since so I guess it was an effective film
>>
>>83688072
If it's his favorite get it for him.
>>
File: paulie.jpg (21KB, 377x325px) Image search: [Google]
paulie.jpg
21KB, 377x325px
>>83688072
yes you should watch it Chrissy
>>
one of deniro's best imo
>>
File: 1460665137071.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460665137071.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>83688072
This film is pure, unadulterated Vietnam kino
I would honestly rate it higher than Full Metal Jacket and Platoon
And this is something you will never hear under any other circumstances - Christopher Walken absolutely stole this film from Robert DeNiro
>>
>>83688072
Its breddy gud.
>>
Two of the best performances ever filmed
>>
it's extremely boring and one of the most overrated movies ive ever watched
>>
>>83688692
Just do it Nicky! NICKY, DO IT!
>>
The blu-ray is good. It has more contrast and looks a bit darker than the original DVD release I had. But I believe that's more how it's supposed to look and the picture was cleaned up, it's a good quality one. I own the American blu ray from the Universal 100 collection, for reference.

If it's his favourite then why not buy it?
>>
>>83688907

Also adding to my post. Instead of just buying it for his birthday, you should make sure your gift is to watch it with him and talk about it afterwards etc. It'll make it more special for him to have you be interested and share the experience.
>>
>>83688072
Deer Hunter is quintessential dadkino desu desu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.