[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got the complete collection of Twin Peaks seasons 1+2,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

So I just got the complete collection of Twin Peaks seasons 1+2, Fire Walk With Me and The Missing Pieces.

I've never seen this before and I haven't seen any of the new season.

What am I in for?
>>
BRAAAAAAAAAP
>>
>>83685542
E-excuse me?
>>
Overrated shit by a total hack
>>
File: lynched.jpg (265KB, 919x688px) Image search: [Google]
lynched.jpg
265KB, 919x688px
>>83685488
get ready
to get
to enjoy a good series
>>
>>83685488
a meme
first season was good
>>
Hasn't even started watching it and already asking dumb questions.
>>
>>83685488
Kino.

After that disappointment
>>
First season and first half of second season are kino.
>>
>>83685488
tonally, it's like a mix of all of lynch's films with a heavy emphasis on mulholland dr.'s style
>>
>>83686590
pretty much this. only the first to be sure, halfway point of second is where it starts to feel forced but that's usually a sign the show's been shit for a while.

the first season is legit greatest tv show ever made though.
>>
File: dougie.gif (2MB, 320x352px) Image search: [Google]
dougie.gif
2MB, 320x352px
>tfw entire season of Dougie
>at the end of the season Coop truly comes back in the last five seconds of the last episode
>show is never renewed
>>
skip s1 then watch s02e12 through to s02e17 for the james lore then start on season 3
>>
>Sheriff of Twin Peaks name is Harry S Truman

Lemme guess, does Coopers middle name start with a B?

Have I been memed?
>>
>>83686718
yup I reckon so
>>
you must be loaded

have you watched other lynch works?
>>
>>83685488
You won't be pissed off for 26 years about episode 29.
>>
>>83688207
the new season is pretty bad so far though
>>
>>83688221
No, it's not.
>>
>>83688252
you know as the season goes on it will just be more horrible scenes at the sheriff's department. dull ones rides through twin peaks to how offer aged characters taken out of the soap opera style of the original series into a meandering mess of watered down lynch stylization and nostalgia
>>
Honestly season 2 isnt as bad as people make it out to be. Yes there was lots of bad parts (anything to do with james, donna, or nadine) but there was really only 2 bad entire episodes
>>
It's good. S2 has some shitty scenes and episodes. Wade through them and you'll be in for a treat.

Don't get used to the "comfy". It's intentionally there to make you miss it when it's gone. Contrast, etc.
>>
>>83687525
>Lemme guess, does Coopers middle name start with a B?
yes
>>
>>83685488
>>
>>83685488
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>83688395
Why do you spoil your shitty opinion?
>>
>>83686718
For some sick reason, I'd actually be ok with this
>>
Just remember that all of the bullshit of season 2 becomes worth it once you get to the final episode. Still fucking amazing. I wish I could watch the last episode for the first time again
>>
>>83688395
>Le im on 4chan and I'm cynical and I know everything will turn to shit stock opinion

You aren't impressing anybody.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>83685488
>>
>>83693102
Explain whats happening in season 3
>inb4 lynched, lol you just dont get it, its kino, tfw too intelligent, you dont need to understand it or i dont have to explain it to you
>>
>>83693282
is so completely straight forward it seems like you're trolling when you ask
>>
>>83693282
Evil Cooper has a set up in order to avoid being forced back into the black lodge, while good cooper has to come back to the real world in order to stop him, evil cooper's plan and good cooper's odyssey in order to return to twin peaks are slowly unveiling, meanwhile we're seeing background stuff that relates to both of these arcs
>>
File: received_10207925184665609.jpg (44KB, 420x639px) Image search: [Google]
received_10207925184665609.jpg
44KB, 420x639px
>>83689503
>>
>>83693388
People like you are pathetic, wont admit that you dont know
>>
By the end of the series you will miss the town of Twin Peaks and all the characters. Season 3 doesn't have the charm of the show, it's more like Moholland Drive with really old characters instead of cute lesbians.
>>
>>83693743
negro you might as well accuse people of not knowing the color of the sky
>>
>>83685488
Something that's probably not for you
>>
>>83685488
Prepare to be disappointed. So far it's nowhere near as good as season 1 or Fire Walk with Me and is every bit as mediocre as the worst parts of season 2, but without the charm.
>>
>>83695113
>anon misreads the OP to share his shitty opinion
>>
>>83686003
>liking the first season
>thinking at least the first 7-9 episodes of S2 are bad

This doesn't make any sense. There's no drop off in quality until like episode 10. Episodes 8 and 9 are debatable. And of course the finale is pure kino.
>>
File: General_Ben-my_boy-Horne.jpg (33KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
General_Ben-my_boy-Horne.jpg
33KB, 650x488px
>>83696170
>Implying the rest of season 2 isn't absolute kino
>>
>>83693775
Hey man don't put Mulholland Drive in the mess that is Twin Peaks.

Season 3 is more like David Lynch trolling if anything. Lynch know his fanbase is dumb enough to eat up anything he comes up with (and I admit, I'm one of them). Heh.
>>
sup
>>
>>83695113
This
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.