[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of Alien Covenant? Is it worth a watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

What does /tv/ think of Alien Covenant?

Is it worth a watch in the cinema?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svnAD0TApb8
>>
I'm going to the movies this weekend and everyone says this sucks :( I refuse to see Wonder Woman or Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>83680207
I really liked it but I think it doesn't need to be named as an Alien movie in general, more like meet the superawesome genius evil android David(I liked him a lot) and his little creation
>>
>>83680345
FUCK Wonder Woman!

Go Alien Covenant in the theater anon. I really liked it as a 13 year long Alien fan and so did man I know. It does fan service well and If you liked the earlier Alien films you will REALLY like Covenant.
>>
>>83680207
Nothing happens during the second act. This movie makes you feel as if you have alzheimer's.
>>
>>83680588

Wtf? no it doesn't. Have you even seen the older Alien films?
>>
>>83680618
Yes, it does.
>>
>>83680207
Of all the movies out right now it is probrably the most worth watching in theaters for the visuals.
>>
it's ok. the scenes with the xenomorphs were good but too much time was wasted on the 2 androids interacting
>>
>>83680207

If you love the franchise, yes.

If you dont know the franchise, or dont like sci-fi dont watch it.
>>
>>83681128
You mean there was too much time wasted on the xenomorphs. Fassbender v Fassbender was the most interesting part
>>
>>83680345
See WW and Alien. Both are good films. I'd go so far as to call covenant, "Kino"
>>
>>83680345

Alien fan here, I enjoyed the movie. fuck the haters
>>
>>83680207

It's a very bad film.

>clumsy attempts at philosophizing
>little to no effective characterization, just forced tropes
>pacing entirely uneven, and plot sluggishly pushed forward by necessarily stupid actions/decisions of flat characters
>all things considered, anything good about the aliens themselves was destroyed by the surrounding incompetence.
>>
>>83680207
As a Prometheus sequel, it's okay.
As an Alien movie, it's fucking awful.
>>
I enjoyed it and would recommend watching it as long as you don't go in with high expectations, I'm not a lore-autist like most of this board though.
>>
>>83680345
Either go see Alien: Covenant or wait for Baby Driver to come out. Fuck capeshit, you shouldn't give your money to that trash.
>>
>>83681641
>I enjoyed it and would recommend watching it as long as you don't go in with high expectations

This. It's actually pretty good. It's like an extreme version of Prometheus, which was film made of good bits and bad bits. Alien Covenant is a film made from really great bits and really fucking stupid bits.
>>
File: 1490561662486.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490561662486.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>83681568
don't listen to him anon. it's a good film. does the franchise justice.
>>
>>83680207
It makes Prometheus look good.
>>
It's bad, but there are some intresting moments

the flute scene was pretty good
>>
It was cool, but then every other scene reminds you that its the year 2100, humans have mastered interstellar space travel, and they are still running around with ar15's
>>
10% Prometheus
90% Alien

Therefore 90% shit
>>
>>83680207
Flaws, but as an Alien fanboy I legitimately had an awesome experience. I went with one of my friends and he was really disappointed, haha.
I think most of the haters are basically Alien casuals or people who got meme'd. Go into the movie with the mindset that you're about to view a piece of art and you'll be fine.
>>83680472
>>83681211
>>83681254
>>83681394
>>83681767
>>83681801
Pretty much this.
>>83681641
Nobody was a lore autist until this meme spread. All that "30 years of mythology" is basically just normies parroting a popular opinion.
>>
>>83681583
>Dr Shaw
Nevermind her, she died somehow
>Engineers
Nevermind them, they died for some reason

It didn't seem like a sequel
>>
>>83682540
This guy gets it.
>>
>>83682789
>she died somehow

She was experimented on and had her womb ripped out to make xenomorph eggs.
>>
I loved it too, don't understand the hate except like >>83682540
said, its normies who suddenly think it's cool to be a "nerd" and talk shit about it for some kind of fucking hipster credit.

One of the most enjoyable experiences I've had at the cinema
>>
>>83682928
>don't understand the hate

I am actually grateful for the hate. It made me go in with low expectations and come out happy. This seems to be getting more common
>>
>>83680207
>asking a load of teen edge lords for their opinion
>actually giving a shit what /tv/ thinks
hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>83682982
True. I purposefully avoided reviews and just went in thinking "if they just don't make it as stupid as Prometheus I'll be ok" and I was really pleasantly surprised.

Also who was the jewfu? she was beautiful
>>
>>83680618

Clearly, you haven't.
>>
>>83682846
What happened before that?
Sleep
World bombed
Ship crashed
Distress signal sent
Dead

What happened, in which order, what did David do?
They just jumped to a different set of characters which is not a sequel.
>>
>>83682316

>Therefore 90% shit

Therefore, you are not a true Alien fan nor do you have the honor of calling yourself that in your personal life if Prometheus was that grand of a film of a film.

Personally I thought it was the fucking WORST. Prometheus boring as fucking shit. I can't think of a bigger snooze-fest.
>>
Pretty boring honestly. Ridley Scott is really jumping on the cinematic universe bullshit bandwagon or whatever. Honestly though Fassbender is fucking god-tier in this, and worth watching for him alone. I have a little crush on him as well.
>>
>>83683256
It must suck to have the attention span of a goldfish
>>
>>83680345
I highly recommend you give Alien a watch in theaters, anon. It has great visuals and it's a way better popcorn flick than the others.
>>
File: 1488718019413.jpg (141KB, 700x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488718019413.jpg
141KB, 700x750px
>>83680207
It was alright. It's either watching this, Pirates, or Capeshit. Alien Covenant needs the money more anyway.

Go see Alien Covenant. I'll see it again eventually.
>>
>>83684831
>weed..i mean, wheat

Forgettable , and unsuccessful meme, as the movie.
>>
Shill thread.
>>
>>83680207
Take into account this list of all the Alien movies from best to worst:
>1. Alien
>2. Aliens
>3.Alien Covenant
>3.25. Prometheus
>...
>...
>56. Alien 3
>...
>...
>84. Alien Resurrection
>...
>...
>Hell-level. AVP and AVP:R
>>
>>83686869
Just saw alien and wasn't a huge fan. Maybe it's the fact that I saw it recently. Can you tell me about your experience viewing it?
>>
>>83687661
Not the guy you're responding to, but for me the high-light of Alien was always when they land on LV-426 and enter the Juggernaut.
That cold white sun in the distance, the only thing providing any kind of light on that dim, jagged and forsaken world.
It's kino my friend.
>>
>>83686869
I'd put Covenant above Aliens, if only for David and the direction during the action sequences, most noticeably the wheat field and really the entire first outbreak sequence.

I'm sure Aliens was fantastic for the time in terms of visuals, but the space marines are so dumb that it kills any tension, more so once you realize it's not a horror movie. Even the action is pretty low-brow.
James Cameron fucked up his entire career by not having a writer to buttbuddy with and fix his absolute shit dialogue. Then again he was making blockbusters and nothing more.
>>
>>83680207
It was a great movie. Some scenes are slow and frustrating. If you're an edgy sentimental fuck then it's an amazing movie.
>>
>>83680345

Its a boring, mediocre movie that does nothing new, its 2/3 prometheus and 1/3 alien, literally. If you can turn off your brain, you might enjoy it. Prometheus was better movie for me. This sits somewhere on the bottom with AvP with all these aliens growing magically full size in minutes.
>>
>>83680207
https://youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
it's worth a shot, but don't pay money. it's quite a bit dumber than prometheus
>>
>>83681767
The xeno in alien isolation looked miles better than this
>>
File: 1413132460335.gif (2MB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1413132460335.gif
2MB, 400x221px
>>83690239
Ehh, the tail was way too long. But Isolation was an amazing game no alien fan should be without.
>>
>>83680207
One of the most disappointing movies I have seen and yet RT give it a fresh score.

I will still see The Mummy in cinemas. Can't fully judge a movie til you see it
>>
I'm ambivalent about it. Sort of how I felt about Prometheus. I'll watch it again when it comes to video.
>>
>>83680345
Stop being a poorfag and go see all three.
>>
>>83680345
Alien was fucking horrible. The lack of character development is inexcusable, the story line is shit, and grown period of the Xenos is adult within an hour.

I'm someone who hates super hero movies but got dragged to Guardians 2 and have to admit it's entertaining.
>>
Don't listen to the contrarian losers on /tv/ saying it was shit. I consider it my second favorite Alien film behind the original. It expands on Prometheus and improves in every way, Michael Fassbender shines as David, and I think it gives a nice homage to all of the lore of the Xenomorphs while also rounding it out, plus there's some great Gigeresque stuff in the film that i think is incredible looking
>>
>>83680207
BLU-Ray when?

I hate movies, too loud, someone is eating, someone is talking, someone is literally producing its own material matter and mass and existing, and people in general, are auto gay anyways.

yes, I hate humanoid people, but I do like non humanoid non human people, because reasons.

The seats also suck, the place smells really weird, and every time I leave, I drink a glass of actual literally literal water, literally.

tl;dr I'm anti social.
>>
>>83693756
>I consider it my second favorite Alien film behind the original.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Covenant is shit. Only good scenes are Fassbender. I wish the crew weren't the main characters

AVP R is superior to this
>>
File: Michael Bolton.jpg (20KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Bolton.jpg
20KB, 367x332px
>>83693948
absolute nigger
>>
>>83680207
Yes it worth
>>83680345
Dont trust anyone people love memeing here. Go and see it by yourself
>>
>>83693818
Wear a hoodie to calm your anxiety, and go watch it.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.