[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that found the pacing of this film better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: aliencovenantinfull.jpg (219KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
aliencovenantinfull.jpg
219KB, 1280x1280px
Am I the only one that found the pacing of this film better than Prometheus? In my opinion Prometheus just felt so slow.
>>
Prometheus was fucking amazing and I'm not being contrarian. Yea the plotholes and unexplained things are a problem, but at least that movie came from a creative spark, a vision, something in the Alien universe that doesn't revolve around Alien. It posed great questions about more than just the Xenomorph.

I'm sad that the sequel didn't go in the same direction, and instead was so closely tied to Alien. A wasted opportunity.

But I liked Covenant for what it is, too. I love the franchise.
>>
>>83678172

Don't forget:

>Prometheus has sculpted xenos in their final form

>before David makes them in the future

The bullshit never ends.

They really dicked the franchise with this. At least I was surprised, but now I'm disappointed.
>>
>>83678651
How do you know David was the first to make Xenos? Maybe he just did what Engineers did before him.

Or maybe that part is retconned.

At any rate, I like this explanation for the Xeno origin. When you look back, the engineers used the goo to create life, as in humanity. But now, the synthetic lifeform has used the goo to create ultimate death, the antithesis to the life created by the Engineers. This lifeform does not create, does not communicate, does not do anything except wipe out other life.

It's like poetry sort of it rhymes.
>>
>>83678762
But who created the Engineers?
>>
>>83678651
all it really does is mess with SOME AvP canon.
Having David make Xenos makes alot of sense from an Alien's 1 point of view. It answers questions like:

>How did the Company know where to look?
>How did the Company know there would be Xenos there?
>Why did Ash know a bit about their biology?
>>
>>83679331
God
>>
>>83678651
>>83678762
>itt: nu-males who need everything explained
First of all, doing a smooth transition based on the mess that was Prometheus was impossible.
Second, it's stated that the black goo creates the hybrids. David just pushes their evolution into a certain direction.
>>
>>83678651
If Ridley was smart he'd have the characters and David finally encounter the massive being we see in the beginning of Alien, to discover they're far older than even the engineers and that they either a) created the engineers and the xenomorphs and the engineers, who were stealing their tech and ideas or b) created the xenomorphs (and other creatures) and tech and are at war with the "engineers" for stealing their tech and ideas. David becomes jealous and enraged that he hasn't even become god for creating anything, but is actually doing something that's already been done, sabotages a ship of one of these gigantic beings (the derelict) and sets forth the events of Alien. David lurks in the shadows of the ship, setting off a beacon hoping for someone to come so he can still see his vision move forward. Then comes the Nostromo...

But we won't get that, will we.
>>
>>83680727
Damnit
>>
>>83678172
Slow is not a critique it is a description. Prometheus felt slow because it was slow. It was a deliberate choice to underscore the cerebral narrative.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.