[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this tonight. Why did this mediocre as fuck flick get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: wonder_woman.jpg (10KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman.jpg
10KB, 285x177px
Just saw this tonight. Why did this mediocre as fuck flick get raving reviews, with its ham-fisted dialogue, premise, and cardboard characters?? Ares, taking the form of a British old man with no character development or intrigue is causing WW2 by forcing literal whos to make 6 MILLION GAS BOMBS, and when he dies the war is over??? there's no other way to destroy the bombs other than the spy character whos name I forgot sacrificing himself? that plane doesn't have an eject with parachute? what the fuck was that ares design? why was he so fucking irrelevant the whole movie, was I supposed to care that he was defeated having next to no influence on the movie? film criticism is dead.
>>
thanks /tv/
>>
>>83661770
I don't understand the reviews either.

First off, Gal Gadot simply doesn't come across as strong. The other women on the island were at least believable as warriors, especially Robin Wright, but Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is like having Michael Cera as Batman.

The logic of the character escapes me. She is from an island of women who are constantly training and ready for war yet she does not think strategically but with her emotions. Throughout the film she remarks upon how war is terrible and men are stupid for fighting but maintains some hope that inherently they are good but manipulated by Ares - then proceeds to killing numerous German soldiers and mistakenly murdering the commander thinking him to be Ares but at the last moment forgiving the evil poison woman because "love trumps hate". That part is as stupid as the ending of the first Harry Potter, where the protagonist has god mode enabled for no other reason than "love".

The last shot of Wonder Woman jumping towards Paris is some Daredevil or Catwoman-tier "I am the guardian of this city" shit.
>>
Because it's fun and your nitpicking reeks of autismus. Also it has 7.6/10 critic rating, like Iron Man. Not that much of "raving reviews"
>>
>kills fake Ares
>OMG the war didn't stop because it's men's fault not Ares'
>kills real Ares
>Everyone stops fighting for no reason and the war ends
>>
>>83663631
If Ares had the soldiers under some supernatural control, why didn't he just enslave everyone and make them fight against each other instead of enslaving the Germans and playing politics with the Allies?
>>
>>83663630
Why do you people misuse the word fun like that?

>All these legitimate criticisms that could lead to someone being bored in the theater? I'll just shout IT'S FUN DUUUUDE like a retard haha
>>
>>83664137
Because it has become the antidote word against criticism. "Dude, stop complaining, just shut down your brain and enjoy it!" Their submission to the big screen and pop culture is sickening.
>>
>>83664137
It wasn't fun either
>>
>>83663214
>et she does not think strategically but with her emotions.
Because amazons never " training and ready for war ", it was literally LARPing caused by isolationism
>>
>>83664137
It's a shill
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.