[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wel, mornin', Sam! Like a bad luck planet in today's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: doctor sportello i'm LAPD.jpg (251KB, 928x1033px) Image search: [Google]
doctor sportello i'm LAPD.jpg
251KB, 928x1033px
Wel, mornin', Sam! Like a bad luck planet in today's horoscope, here's the old hippie-hating mad dog himself in the flesh: Lieutenant Detective Christian F. "Bigfoot" Bjornsen. SAG member, John Wayne walk, flat top of Flintstone proportions and that evil, little shit-twinkle in his eye that says Civil Rights Violations.
>>
Kenichiro! Dozo!
>>
MOTO PANEKEKU! MOTO PANEKEKU! MOTO PANEKUUUUUUU

okayy
>>
>tfw they got rid of the car chase scene set to Here Come The Ho-Dads
Shame, movie's fucking great otherwise.
>>
>>83651233
Was so hyped that Anderson filmed a Pynchon that I had to read the book. Big mistake, the book is full neon (post) hippie madness and makes the movie look almost sterile in comparison. Still a good interpretation but fuck me next time I'll watch the movie first.
>>
>>83652894
>Big mistake, the book is full neon (post) hippie madness and makes the movie look almost sterile in comparison.

PTA remarked that when adapting a book you have to pick and choose pieces of gold and that you can't always put in everything you want.

Also, Pynchon himself had a say in the script. So, at least there's that.
>>
>>83653002
Pinecone even narrated a trailer for the book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjWKPdDk0_U
>>
>>83653002
That's why I said it's a good interpretation, because that's what it is, one interpretation of the book. I liked the design but it was too clean, you could say too bland for me. Which probably sounds ridiculous, like someone saying Oz wasn't colorful enough but that's just something where I saw different potential aesthetically.
My only real quarrel is that they turned Bjornsen into a joke. In the book it becomes clear that he fed Doc all these info to point him in the direction of his partner's killer. He needs Doc and the other way around but they can't stop getting into each others hair. In the end they almost accept that they have somewhat of a friendship, in the movie he eats a handful of weed for comedic effect and that's it for his character. I bet for many this is the best scene/moment, I just saw potential thrown out the window.
>>
>>83653438
>turned Bjornsen into a joke

Fampai...

>“Now then, where were we,” Bigfoot pretending to look through some notes. “While suspect—that’s you—is having his alleged midday nap, so necessary to the hippie lifestyle, some sort of incident occurs in the vicinity of Channel View Estates. Firearms are discharged. When the dust settles, we find one Glen Charlock deceased. More compellingly for LAPD, the man Charlock was supposed to be guarding, Michael Z. Wolfmann, has vanished, giving local law enforcement less than twenty-four hours before the feds call it a kidnapping and come in to fuck everything up. Perhaps, Sportello, you could help to forestall this by providing the names of the other members of your cult? That would be ever so helpful to us here in Homicide, as well as the chance of a break for you when that ol’ trial date rolls around?”

>“Cult.”

>“The L.A. Times has referred to me more than once as a Renaissance detective,” said Bigfoot modestly, “which means that I am many things—but one thing I am not is stupid, and purely out of noblesse oblige I now extend this assumption to cover you as well. No one, in fact, would ever have been stupid enough to try this alone. Which therefore suggests some kind of a Mansonoid conspiracy, wouldn’t you agree?”
>>
>>83653802
Wait, what is even your point? That he is fear and loathing level over the top? Who isn't in the book? I'm not saying Bjornsen shouldn't have been an idiot, I'm saying they could have had a real and not even complicated arc with him where Doc actually helps him revenge his dead partner and they a sense of camaraderie, if only for a split second. Reducing such an important character to a walking comedic relief was really disappointing.
>>
Like Godzilla said to Mothra, let's eat some place.
>>
>>83652784
>they didn't have everyone break into song at least once every ten minutes
>>
>>83652894
All Pynchon's books are full neon madness, Inherent Vice is fantastic and leagues ahead of the most optimistic fantasies of what anyone expected from the movie
>>
Is Inherent Vice worth watching? I watched the first 10 minutes, and couldn't follow anything, but the trailer is so good I want to give it another chance.
>>
File: 1496676841754.webm (3MB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
1496676841754.webm
3MB, 640x344px
>>83655979
>he needs to "follow" movies to like them
>>
>>83656025
It's not that, I started watching at 4 in the morning, and it was like 2 and a half hours long.

I'll watch it another night, but I just want some idea of what I'm actually going to be watching.
>>
joanna newsom's narration is forever brilliant
>>
>>83656320
And, you know, Tommy's writing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.