[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ralph Bakshi thread. American Pop is one of the most beautiful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: American_Pop.jpg (21KB, 207x314px) Image search: [Google]
American_Pop.jpg
21KB, 207x314px
Ralph Bakshi thread.

American Pop is one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen even if the ending was a bit anticlimactic.

I watched Heavy traffic and despite being hailed as one of his better works I thought it was pretty mediocre. Just a lot of shock value and a weird ending.
>>
Heavy Traffic is great, but Hey Good Lookin' might be more your speed.
>>
File: Avatar.png (109KB, 300x172px) Image search: [Google]
109KB, 300x172px
Here's a trick mother showed me when you weren't around.
>>
File: coon.jpg (2MB, 1870x3000px) Image search: [Google]
coon.jpg
2MB, 1870x3000px
Bakshi made my favorite blaxploitation film.
>>
>>83648422
FRITZ THE CAT IS MY FAVORITE ANIMATED MOVIE!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>83648422
Did Bakshi do the one with Debbie Harry and Lou Reed in it?
>>
>>83649263
no that was nelvana
>>
>>83649130
the way he throws those knifes is so fucking cool
>>
>>83648422
The original ending was gonna use Free Bird. Would have been way better but they couldn't afford the rights. Still a beautiful movie.
>>
I thought I was the only person on /tv/ who had seen this movie
>>
>>83649387
I like the piano verson of night moves
>>
File: A70-9187.jpg (146KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
A70-9187.jpg
146KB, 500x748px
This is quite overlooked, actually.

I saw it one time on LSD and it was one of the weirder, more fascinating trips I've had.
>>
>>83648422
I feel bad for not knowing what makes this guy's work great. All I know of him is his LotR film, which is just terrible.
>>
>>83650129
Rotoscoping, closeness to now-lost "golden age" techniques, willingness to do crazy stories at a time when that was truly risky.
>>
>>83648422
>Ralph Bakshi thread.
who is this guy?

and as a poo in loo why don't i know him?
>>
>>83650361
Born in what would later become Israel.
>>
>>83649911
It's my favorite version of the song
>>
>>83648422
American Pop-posting is an odd meme but I don't mind it. I also prefer American Pop to Heavy Traffic.

>>83650129
His Lord of the Rings has better atmosphere than Jackon's. John Boorman would have blown them both out the water but Bakshi did okay.
>>
Wizards is one of my favourite films.
I first watched it in 1979, when I was 6. Our local cinema was playing it and my mother, unable to find a babysitter, had to take me along. Made a huge impression on my young mind, I was enthralled. I didn't see it again for many years until it got shown on television one night. Thankfully we had a vhs and I taped it. I watched it religiously every day after school for a few months until that was forbidden and relegated to weekends only.
I still love it to this day and watch it every couple of months, I even bought a region free dvd player to watch the dvd, Wizards not getting a local release in Australia. I must have seen it hundreds of times by now.
I can understand some of the criticisms against it but it's one of those things my mind latched onto when I was really young and I cannot help but revel in every moment of it.
Thanks for reading my blog.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.