[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>movie theater gets like a ⅓ of the Tickets profit >Wanner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

>movie theater gets like a ⅓ of the Tickets profit
>Wanner bros still has to pay off the marking budget
How much money did Wanner bros/DC really get?
>>
>>83645970
>box office giant
>average capeshit opening
What did the agenda pushing cucks mean by this?
>>
File: DkmNrFL.jpg (348KB, 1832x1832px) Image search: [Google]
DkmNrFL.jpg
348KB, 1832x1832px
Why do gay shills want this movie to fail?
>>
>>83645970
>second-best monday for superhero movie in June
That's oddly specific
>>
This board knows jack fucking shit about movies
>>
>>83646100
Why are you a redditor?
https://imgur.com/DkmNrFL
>>
>>83646104
>tfw you movie has the third best April tuesday of all time
>>
/tv/ is full of movie finances experts
>>
Probably a fair bit after merchandise and shit
This Halloween it will be Harleyqueens and Wonderwomans
>>
Not during the first week.

source: my mother's husband works at a Kinoplex
>>
>>83646602
That's true, but when people say this they usually meant the total box office gross. And I think it's closer to half than one third, at least for domestic.
>>
I thought the axiom was for a film to make a profit, it has to essentially make double its budget. This covers shit like marketing and whatnot.

Is this not true anymore?
>>
File: 1474069759646.jpg (10KB, 201x214px) Image search: [Google]
1474069759646.jpg
10KB, 201x214px
Oh look. It's another /tv/ pretends to know what they're talking about episode again.
>>
>>83646679

it's still true
>>
>>83646100
>>83646138
>DCuck shilling about shills
>Proven Redditor
>Likely a third worlder

>>83646679
The way I understand it: It has to make a certain amount of money (double or more like you say) within a certain span of time because the amount of money the studio gets changes in the week(s) after release. Pretty sure it goes down.

The cut it gets from ticket sales is something like 50% domestic and I believe it's less internationally depending on country. Honestly this is one of the reasons why I wish /tv/ had a Box Office General thread to discuss movie and studio financials, but I'm too dumb to start it myself.
>>
>>83646819
here's all you need to know:

you need to make at least x4 the budget or you're not making much money. even then, you're not making much.

t./tv/
>>
>ESPN.com
>>
>>83646679
According to /tv/, a gorillion is not enough.

Everything is a failure, because marketing is double the budget, everything has reshoots, and foreign doesn't count.
>>
ITT: unemployed Pakis telling super rich Jews how to run a business that they've been running since year zero

LET IT GO DISNEY
>>
>>83645970
>ESPN.com
They're really going all out to shill this movie, aren't they?
>>
>>83645970

Movie theaters don't get a cut anywhere near this size.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.