[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're about halfway through 2017 and nothing else has even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

We're about halfway through 2017 and nothing else has even come within the same ballpark. Looking at what's on the horizon there doesn't seem to be anything that will.

Did we get the best movie of 2017 in the first month of 2017?
>>
Get Out was mediocre at best, completely forgettable thriller with a predictable story and bland direction. The only reason to state otherwise is if you're virtue signalling and thought it was 'so relevant to modern day racial tensions'.
>>
>>83640664
The movie was great, and for a debut thriller is what quite a treat. There wasn't some incredibly blunt racial message to it at all, and what is perhaps even better is that there isn't some hoity toity highbrow message being hamfisted in either.

>83640050

Best film I've seen so far this year.
>>
>>83640050
Stop fucking posting that photo
>>
>>83640050
If this is considered the best movie of the year then we're fucked.
>>
It wasn't even that good. 9/10 movie at best.
>>
>>83640050
It felt like a TV-movie to me. I think it was the scoring in the quieter parts, felt like a miss Marple episode.

The fat speccy twat quipping at the end was also completely inappropriate.

Very mediocre overall.
>>
>>83640050
If you didn't guess how the movie would end turn you should kill yourself this movie was awful

>But muh equality
Fuck you all
>>
>>83640664

If you predicted white people abducting blacks to auction them off for surgically implanting their own consciousness into athletic black bodies then you need to be making films yourself man because you've clearly got the brain for it.

The entire point was that there was an obvious thread of something wrong but the further the movie followed it the crazier the rabbit hole got. The entire movie I THOUGHT I was predicting what was going on and was constantly caught off guard with the next reveal. I loved that because it's one of the first thrillers in a long time that really hooked me and gave me that dreaded anxiety that just leaves you feeling uncomfortable.

Definitely agree here >>83640732 there's often this meme about it being muh white guilt movie but it really wasn't about that at all. If anything /tv/ and /pol/ should love it because rather than targeting overt racism it's mocking all the white virtue signalers who fetishize black people like Beyonce as YAS KWEEN. It's almost anti-liberal. At least the postmodernist liberals.

>>83641015

What about any part of this movie had to do with equality? Did you even watch it?
>>
>>83641153
They literally had slaves
>>
>>83640050
Legit, Logan and Wonder Woman were better BUT you are right OP nothing will probably have quite the range of appeal Get Out had. Its the #1 movie in Korea this year ffs.
>>
>>83641226

Haven't seen Logan. I enjoyed Wonder Woman a lot but let's be real that was like a 6/7 out of 10. It was a competently made blockbuster and that's about it. It didn't do anything novel. The performances were adequate and nothing more. CG was pretty atrocious. Wonder Woman shouldn't be in any Top 5s in my opinion.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.