/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' to Get Lassoed by 'Wonder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 26

>The 'Mummy' reboot is counting on a strong run overseas — where Cruise still has huge sway — to make up for a probable deficit in the U.S.
Last month, early tracking for Universal’s The Mummy suggested the summer event film would debut to $40 million or so when opening in North American theaters this weekend, a tepid start for the first title in the studio's planned stable of films built around its iconic monster characters.

>The forecast for the reboot has only gotten scarier from there — at least domestically. One of the industry’s most respected polling services, NRG, downgraded its projection to $38 million last week and to $35 million Monday. Such surveys can certainly be unreliable, but if NRG is correct, The Mummy will lose this weekend’s domestic box-office race to holdover Wonder Woman.

>In this week’s edition of the Variety Movie Commercial Tracker, powered by the TV advertising attention analytics company iSpot.tv, Universal Studios claims the top spot in spending for “The Mummy.”

>Ads placed for the Tom Cruise vehicle had an estimated media value of $7.83 million through Sunday for 1,394 national ad airings across 49 networks. (Spend figures are based on estimates generated from May 29 through June 4. Estimates may be updated after the chart is posted as new information becomes available.) Universal appears to be targeting the type of broad demographic befitting a presumed blockbuster, given the diverse range of programming that attracted top ad spend for “The Mummy” spots, including not only the NBA Finals but “World of Dance” and “America’s Got Talent.”

Uh oh.....
>>
Our gal does it again.
>>
>>83637957
Who didn't see this happening? It'll have a moderate to disappointing run domestically, followed by a "solid" run worldwide - enough to justify making Universal monster reboots…until the next 2 flop and the "Dark Universe" is dropped.

Had they actually played on people's like and nostalgia for the Fraiser Mummy movies and made a sequel to that it likely would have made more than this generic looking action movie.
>>
>>83637957
>based tom cruise is going to BTFO wonder woman

Why is /tv/ always wrong?
>>
>>83638095
Look like the other way around
>>
File: drjekyll.png (305KB, 608x385px) Image search: [Google]
drjekyll.png
305KB, 608x385px
>>83638095

No, this thing is done
>>
>>83638095
Actually, WW will beat it overseas.
>>
Universal is going to get rekt with this idiotic monster cinematic universe thing.
>>
>>83638423
I just really want to know what the end game of this monster universe will be?
Are they gonna team up to fight a monster? What's the point of any of this?
>>
>>83638475

They are all good guys Id imagine.

They dont even know, Dracula Untold was supposed to kick this shit off with Charles Dance being the big bad.

Now its Dr Jekyll being in charge of a Shield like organization capturing monsters.

Wtf
>>
No reason these movies need a high budget, would work better being creative driven low to mid budget movies.
>>
>>83638078

I doubt it. The third Fraser Mummy was a huge disappointment.
>>
>>83638095

I work at a movie theater, and we've only pre-sold like 15 tickets to The Mummy, whereas Wonder Woman had several sold out shows weeks before it even premiered. I love based Cruise, but Universal basically set this one up to fail, and are practically burying it at this point.
>>
File: universal monsters dark universe.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
universal monsters dark universe.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>83638317
>Hire some of the highest paid actors in the industry
>fail to match expectations

How fucked is Universal?
>>
>>83638676

Wait

Javier Bardem and Johnny Depp are in this crap?
>>
>>83638722

Bardem is Frankenstein's monster and Depp is the Invisible Man.
>>
>>83638475
>Are they gonna team up to fight a monster? What's the point of any of this?
Apparently, it will be Dracula, Black Lagoon monster and the Mummy vs Tom Cruise, Frankensein's monster, Invisible Man and Russell Crowe's Agency.

Who knows who the Wolfman will side with.
>>
Cruise makes solid blockbuster movies, this whole "monster universe" is going to bomb tho.

I'll rent it eventually, but have 0 desire to watch this in a theater. There really isn't anything except Spiderman that I want to see in a theater the rest of the year. Unless Star Wars is this year too?
>>
>>83638608
And it had fucking Jet Li in it. How did they fuck it up?
>>
>>83638662
Lol you said this a week ago
>>
>Go to /co/
>See thread whining about how WW destroyed Captain Underpants.
>Go to /tv/
>See thread whining about how WW destroyed The Mummy.

Pottery.
>>
>>83638722
I am as surprised as you.
>>
Can we please stop with this shared universe bullshit.

Make a couple movies that actually do good, then start linking the shit together.

I feel like I'm watching pilots for shows that never come out.
>>
>>83638722
In the post-credit scenes, they set-up for the sequel "The Bride of Frankestein VS The Invisible man"
>>
Who wouldn't wanna see this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1jg5YlQuT8
>>
>>83638900
In Universal's defense...they practically invented that shit.

They have every right to carry on.
>>
>>83638769
>>83638920
That all sounds fucking stupid.
What the fuck genre are these movies suppose to be? The mummy is an action adventure, so does that mean the Invisable Man will be action adventure, even though it would work best as a drama? And what of Frankenstein? How can you have an action Frankenstien movie?
>>
>>83638920

You know I understand these versus movies with Universal monsters arent new but what the fuck are they thinking making them high budget blockbusters?
>>
looks like the ruse cruise is about to meet its end
>>
I hope they push this universe out even if they lose money from it. Will be neat to have these available in the future. Don't cancel it after two movie releases
>>
>>83638975
>How can you have an action Frankenstien movie?
The book Frankenstein had super strenght and could run very fast and jump very high. He was basically Golden Age Superman.
>>
>>83638815

And it hasn't changed.
>>
>>83638980

This. All of the OG Universal Monster movies were slow-paced, creepy character studies (some of which only taking place in like 3 or 4 rooms). Whoever decided to make this a huge, globe-trotting adventure movie was a fucking idiot.
>>
Benicio Del Toro was perfect as the Wolfman. Shame he's no longer part of this.
>>
>>83638676
I hope they get fucked enough to drop the cinematic universe after the next flick.
>>
>>83639040
But the public doesn't want an action Frankenstein movie, they barely want a Frankenstein movie anyway, but they don't want it to be action.
They tried that before, it flopped and was shit.

I actually want to see where they go with this Monster Universe, not because they are good, but because I want to see they try to make this clusterfuck work.
>>
>>83639112
>They tried that before, it flopped and was shit.
No they didn...oh...OH...i had blocked this from my memory
>>
>>83638796
They made it more about the kid, now an adult, than Fraser and Company out for one last ride with the kid as an equal player rather than the de facto lead. Also bad CG and a lack of Indiana Jones-type flair that the first two had.
>>
Dracula Untold flopped, Victor Frankenstein flopped... If Universal can't get the Big Two to work, how did they think this was going to go over?
>>
>>83639112
Yeah, I'm not saying it's a good idea or that it will work. I'm just saying they can just go with the original version if they wanna do that.
>>
Also, apparently The Mummy sucks.

>>83639330
And the 2010 Wolfman movie flopped.
>>
Remember when people said that Captain Underpants would demolish WW and The Mummy would be the end of it? haha good times.

Movie was average. Its only praised because its closer to the Marvel Formula™ and has a female lead rather than being a truly good film. 6/10.

MoS was a better movie.
>>
File: original.jpg (700KB, 976x3256px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
700KB, 976x3256px
Place your bets, MCU goes ahead, but who will inevitably win.
>>
File: bvs-review-625x350.jpg (66KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
bvs-review-625x350.jpg
66KB, 625x350px
>>83639330
It didn't stop DC.
>>
>>83639440
Transformers.
>>
>>83639440

Marvel will always be top, followed by DC, followed by the Monsterverse in a distant third (female audiences don't watch kaijukino).
>>
>>83639330
Universal didn't make Victor Frankenstein.
>>
>>83637957
/ourgal/ strikes again.
>>
>>83639501

Nice try. Regardless of their quality, those movies still did a shitload of business at the box office, which is all the studios care about. Dracula Untold barely broke even and Victor Frankenstein lost a ton of money.
>>
File: lQmWCCb.jpg (191KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
lQmWCCb.jpg
191KB, 600x452px
>>83639519
Transformers is not a cinematic universe, unless they start making Archie/TMNT crossovers.
>>
>>83639440
Kong and Zilla will do just fine. Nothing groundbreaking but enough money to keep making those movies

Dark Universe is cancelled. Literally. They couldnt have picked more expensive actors to release those B tier movies.

Fox has moderate success. Never a 1 billion blockbuster, but solid box office. Fox is where the new Kino is at. They are not afraid of trying new shit. New mutants is a horror movie for example. Some stuff will stick better than others. But overall will be the universe with the highest filmic quality. See Legion, Logan, etc.

DC will start aping the MCU mold to increasing success. They will finally find a generic formula to shit movies like Disney (probably using WW as base). It will have moderate success at first and will keep building momentum and success. Stops being Kino or interesting at JL. The rest will be prebaked mediocrity for the rest of its days.

MCU will continue dominating and being the MCU.
>>
>>83639613
>MCU will continue dominating and being the MCU.
Even after RDJ exits it? He won't be likely to return after Infinity War.

Hemsworth and Evans are also in doubt.
>>
>If you are not the movie with most revenue of the month your movie is a failure and the director will disappear forever
blockbusters were a mistake
>>
I like Tom but I won't ever go see the Mummy. Nothing about it looks good. I laugh every time I see the trailer. It's cringe worthy.
>>
>>83639611
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/12/06/the-future-of-the-transformers-cinematic-universe

Also by your standards, the G.I Joe crossover will make it a CU.
>>
>>83639731
>Here, another 50m
>doubts dispelled

Even then, people goes for the MCU experience. Not for the actors or characters anymore. See the success of GoTG. As long as its punching, quipping, punching, quipping and the movie winks to the audience each 5 minutes they will be fine.

The marvel formula, while makes for terrible movies, its a perfect product business wise. Its pure blockbusterhium distilled. Its the perfect money making machine.
>>
>>83639440
Monsterverse will do well, you won't get billion dollar blockbusters or anything but they will make a good amount of money and will be well recieved

The Fox movies will also do well, but the quality of the movies flip and flop so you never know

The DCEU's success will be based on Justice League. Regardless of quality, Justice League will break a billion, but it need to be good. They are garnered a lot of renewed confidence amoungst the public with WW, but Justice League has to be at least mediocre and fun. And after that, the DCEU should be in a fine place making blockbusters. Aquaman looks good and after JL, they will fire Snyder so that good.

MCU will continue to be what it is.
>>
>>83638965
Duly noted
>>
YOU CANT STOP HER
>>
Earlier today Universal also announced that they're adding the Hunchback of Notre Dame and the Phantom of the Opera to the Dark Universe. I kinda wish they would just focus on one movie at a time instead of making a clusterfuck out of future promises.

The good news is, at the very least, we'll get great 4K restorations of the originals.
>>
>>83639823
Also, Dark Universe will be a spectacular failure and will be abandoned after 2 movies.
>>
>>83639782

It's been a pissing contest since the 1980's. The Weekend Box Office is practically a professional sport at this point.
>>
>>83639823
Apocalypse wasnt even thaaat bad. Its just an average MCU movie without the free pass the MCU gets (see im2,3,ca1,thor1,2,avengers2,etc).

The last really bad X-men movie was what, Wolverine origins? That was literally 10 movies ago. Just give them a fucking break.
>>
>>83639836
Ok the Phantom of the Opera can do some ninja Batman shit but what can the Hunchback of Notre Dame do? Climb things? How is he going to compete with Dracula and the Mummy?
>>
>>83639929
RETARD STRENGTH!!!
>>
>>83639836
>Earlier today Universal also announced that they're adding the Hunchback of Notre Dame and the Phantom of the Opera to the Dark Universe.
But...why?

What special powers does the Hunchback have to fight Dracula?

Will The Phantom sing the Wolfman to death?

Why won't they just remake Monster Squad and scrap this stupid shared universe nonsense?
>>
>>83639929

They'll probably turn him into a mini-Hulk or something similar.
>>
>>83639782
>the director will disappear forever
Zack Snyder would like to prove you wrong.
>>
>>83639890
I loved Apoc by how cheesy and "comic-like" it was, they even used some 90s cartoon lines, if Apoc designs were better, it would be the perfect XM movie.
>>
File: IMG_3053.png (319KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3053.png
319KB, 638x638px
>>83639963

I AM DA WEREWOLF
>>
>>83638078
I would have watched a reboot reimagining of the fraiser movies
>>
File: IMG_3054.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3054.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>83640030

werewolf... fights... vampires

https://youtu.be/KUzUK-ZM3P8
>>
>>83639984
>Will The Phantom sing the Wolfman to death?
If not mistaken the Phantom has some kind of mind control powers.
>>
>>83638475

The director said it's not like they're building to an Avengers team up. More that they want a huge stable of characters to draw on. Like including Jekyll in the Mummy. Doing it when it feels right
>>
The Mummy looks OK at best but I'll probably see it anyways because of my crush on Sofia Boutella.
>>
>>83640027
I enjoyed it too, but if I said Apocalypse was good people would think I was trying to bait them. Lets agree its not thaaat bad.

Frankly most x-men movies are more hit than miss.
>>
>>83639101
Yeah, he was good. Sadly the movie wasn't. Though it gets one extra star because of Anthony Hopkins giving one of his laziest performances ever. And that's saying a lot.
>>
>>83639809
Just bought tickets for Spider-Man. It's gonna be epic!
>>
>>83640142
I even enjoy The Last Stand. Wolverine Origins and The Wolverine are the ones that really put me to sleep.
>>
>>83639833
>no pants
>>
>>83640200
shes wearing leggings, senpai
>>
>>83638783
>Unless Star Wars is this year too?

Star Wars: The Force Sloth Awakens is out in December.
>>
File: conoce-a-sofia-boutella.jpg (995KB, 1024x1512px) Image search: [Google]
conoce-a-sofia-boutella.jpg
995KB, 1024x1512px
>>83640125
>more like Buttella
>>
>>83640193
Wolverine Origins is the worst of the bunch but at least the unfinished version is funny.

The last stand had some serious balls for killing everyone. No one would dare to do that in one of these new universes. They decided to burn everything because they felt a franchise couldnt go forever. It took some serious retcons and timetravel to undo the crazy stuff done in X3.
>>
So we'll never get the teamup movie where they fight Van Helsing?
>>
>>83640315
that masculine jawline is incredible

shes going to be a huge star
>>
>>83638608
This. The Mummy Returns also isn't remembered very well, and I think most people here seriously overestimate nostalgia for the first movie in the series. It's not a series people talk about much, or seem to care about besides as a funny Indiana Jones-ish movie most people have seen at some point.

And sticking close to the Fraser "original" is a stupid idea anyway, since it was a remake. It made the most sense to go with a different idea, but something more like the actual original, and not a generic action movie with the protagonist also getting mummy powers.
>>
>>83640437
>masculine jawline

plz take ur reddit meme and leave
>>
File: sofia_boutella.jpg (44KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
sofia_boutella.jpg
44KB, 768x433px
>>83640560
it wasnt an insult, we like traps around here

also its been proven that men are better actors, they use to portray women in shakespearian days

so it stands to reason, the more masculine the actress, the better she is

btw, the everyone is from reddit but (You) meme was outplayed like 4 years ago
>>
>>83638796
>>
>>83640030
>>83640069

Is this the beginning of the Retard Cinematic Universe (RCU)?

>Down Syndrome Werewolf
>Transgender Wheelchair Warrior
>Cranium Boy
>NigGoth
>Drunk Aunt
>Synthesizer Voice Man
>>
File: The-Tom-Poster-1.png (281KB, 600x950px) Image search: [Google]
The-Tom-Poster-1.png
281KB, 600x950px
>>83637957
>Moar liek Tom 'JUST' Cruise: The Curse of Brendan...
>>
File: RachelWeisz1.jpg (128KB, 1100x1502px) Image search: [Google]
RachelWeisz1.jpg
128KB, 1100x1502px
>>83640746
You will never explore tombs and pyramids with her
It hurts
>>
>>83640692
Be quiet please
>>
>>83640779
Tom Cruise's films don't fail.
>>
>>
>>83637957
>first title in the studio's planned stable of films

Yeah, ignoring the 2-3 that failed so they scrapped.
>>
>>83638796
It lacked the B-film charm the previous two had, and that only made the cgi ( that to be fair was always shit ) just look shittier, especially when you have hundreds of clay soldiers on screen. Also the kid, now older, was for some reason the main character while having no personality and being played by the douchiest looking dude in existence that bare no resemblance to the parents.

Egypt > China.

>>83640746
And the biggest offender of all.
>>
The embargo for the Mummy lifts tomorrow.
>>
>>83640881
They fail all the fucking time, even when they are good like Edge of Tomorrow.
>>
>>83640890
What good parts were in the trailer?
>>
>>83640746
Maria Bello barely average looking what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>83641047

Tom Cruise getting repeatedly kicked in the face while the blonde chick is trying to kick the zombies off the side of the ambulance was kind of funny.
>>
>>83640881
Edge of Tomorrow
Jack Reacher 2
Oblivion
Rock of Ages

That's 4 out of the 6 last movies he's made.
>>
>>83638078
Only the first Fraser movie was good. Nobody fucking cares that this is a reboot. The issue is more that this is a mummy movie, without really a clear hook beyond Tom Cruise.
>>
>>83637957
Why is it such a big deal if movies do better overseas? The studios are a business, they follow the money, I'm sure they don't care where it comes from as long as it's rolling in.
>>
Why can't they make them serious and not self aware elegant horror films? Is it that much to ask?
>>
>>83640746
Without Weisz the chemistry was gone, and the meathead who played his son had no hope of rounding out the family dynamic.
>>
>>83641423

Modern studios (and audiences by extension) are too jaded and cynical. Mummies, vampires and wolfmen were a lot more effective in the 1930's because they'd never been on film before.
>>
>>83641485
That's hardly an excuse. Zombies have been done to death but every so often you get someone who knows how to use the medium properly and makes them feel fresh.
>>
File: just mummy.jpg (181KB, 600x1136px) Image search: [Google]
just mummy.jpg
181KB, 600x1136px
>>83640779
>>
>>83641485
They keep making serious ghost movies that work well in the box office. They could easily make mummies, vampires and wolfmen creepy if they gave these movies to people with finesse and understanding of the horror genre.
>>
>>83641667

True, but when a $150 million price tag is attached, the tendency is to play it safe.
>>
>>83641843
That was awful.
>>
>>83637957
They'll honestly be lucky to hit $30 million at this point, with $25 million looking a lot more likely.
>>
>>83641840
Maybe that's the problem, they need to make the next one on a shoestring so the filmmakers will have to get creative and take risks. Seems like the best monster/horror movies are done by first timers without huge money backing them.
>>
File: the-mummy-sofia-boutella.jpg (214KB, 888x456px) Image search: [Google]
the-mummy-sofia-boutella.jpg
214KB, 888x456px
>>83640836
cant handle sum beauty chin?
>>
>>83637957

It's a girl mummy!
>>
>>83640890
>this shitty movie is going to do better than this other shitty movie
Okay.
>>
So is the Mummy a reboot of the 1999 movie or the 1932 movie?
>>
File: wink.gif (3MB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
wink.gif
3MB, 335x335px
>>83642128
>the process of mummification consisted of draining all body fluids...
She can "mummify and chill" if she wants
>>
>>83639440
Kong and Godzilla both did well at the box-office since foreign markets love creature features so I feel the monsterverse will do well.
>>
>>83637957
Cruise movies have been meh in America for awhile. Asians love Tom Cruise tho, and they basically saved stuff like Edge of Tomorrow, which I think is getting a sequel or prequel or some shit?
>>
>>83642641
>and they basically saved stuff like Edge of Tomorrow
But that's not True? Edge of Tomorrow did best in China (Surprise surprise) and it didn't even do well over there. It did terribly in Japan and Korea to boot.
>>
Box Office: Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' Breaks Opening Day Record In South Korea

ITS HAPPENING

DARK UNIVERSE CONFIRMED
>>
>>83642391
neither
>>
File: curses.png (148KB, 287x215px) Image search: [Google]
curses.png
148KB, 287x215px
>>83637957
This film...is cursed.
>>
>>83642997
I used to think opening day/weekend mattered in chorea until I looked at the best performers and the movies that made the most money over there actually had shit or mediocre openings but carried on for a long times. Explosive openings in Korea is never really a good sign of box office gross.
>>
I like Tom

But I hate this idea

I am conflicted
>>
>>83642960
There's no way anyone is talking about continuing this franchise without those 3 countries. This movie had the most fucked up marketing and didn't even know what it wanted to be called for some time. If it did terribly in those countries, it did horribly all over, and yet it managed to get by.
>>
>>83642960
I've just read that The Mummy has horrible WOM in China.
>>
>>83644119
But it's true. This movie tanked in Japan and Korea. Like I said, it did pretty shit in China too, it couldn't even break 70 million over there. You're also ignoring how the movie did best in the USA out of all other countries on the globe, so your comment on it not existing without those three countries is wrong since its biggest market earner was the USA. Not to mention that the movie only made 300k on a production budget of 178 million and god knows how much marketing. You also need to take theater cuts into consideration and producers get less money from foreign markets than domestic markets. Edge of Tomorrow basically bombed everywhere, Especially in Asia. You can even look up the box office gross yourself if you want to, This movie didn't do well anywhere.
>>
>>83637957
That's what they get for replacing Brendan. The film would've definitely performed better if he was still the lead.
>>
>>83644418

Fuck no
>>
>>83644418
>The film would've definitely performed better if he was still the lead.
LOL
>>
>>83637957
fucking called it

this whole dark universe crap will be tits up in a year at the most guarantee
>>
File: 1458876393449.png (116KB, 228x260px) Image search: [Google]
1458876393449.png
116KB, 228x260px
>>83644367
Yeah whatever you say, buddy. I'm sure they're planning a sequel for charity. I stopped taking this board seriously when they gave the same shit excuses for movies grossing like nearly a billion worldwide being flops.
>b-but the advertising guis
One of the biggest reasons people thought this wasn't gonna do well during the period it was coming out was because nobody seemed to have heard of it. Like there didn't seem to be a big marketing push for whatever reason. Is anyone surprised though, considering they couldn't even figure out exactly what to call it? I'm still not sure if they know.
>>
>>83644992
Nothing in this post denies or even attempts to counter anything that I said about Edge of Tomorrow flopping. Also capeshit movies that make a billion dollars in box office gross only make like 300 million in profit. Yet those movies don't cost more than 200 or 250 million at most to produce. You do the math. If you actually try arguing that advertising costs and theater cuts are bullshit arguments you're an idiot.

Also movies that flop can get sequels. It's called an investment. Look at Fantastic Four (2015_ for example. That movie absolutely tanked at the box office yet it's getting a sequel.
>>
File: la-et-hc-dark-universe-20170522.jpg (415KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
la-et-hc-dark-universe-20170522.jpg
415KB, 2048x1367px
Please care about our forced universe!

>“We know we’re going to do Frankenstein, Bride Of Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Phantom of the Opera, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Invisible Man,”
>>
>>83645704

Why so they even think this shit will work?

Most successful horror movies are still low budget and the high budget ones have flopped
>>
>>83639836

The only Dark Universe movie that will over perform is Bride of Frankenstein, if Jolie commits to it. Here's why: it will be Gothic and scary, and Jolie still has that mystery factor to sell an intimidating monster.

If they had to set The Mummy in present day, it should have had a Middle East war backdrop, with Cruise as a buffer Indiana Jones archeologist. Gotta up the action/violence factor.

But this entire Universe doesn't work in present day. The characters are based in a World of Wonder that technology has upended. Frankenstein's monster and Hunchback are retards, Jekyll/Hyde doesn't work as action, only nightmarish horror, Invisible Man is boring af in this SFX era. Mummy should have been Interview a Vampire tier serious and lush.

I was stoked for American Made but it's half baked like that Cranston/Escobar flop, which Barry Seal appeared in. The beats are fucking telegraphed a mile away. Another $50m Cruise flop. What's cool about Barry Seale was his ties to HW Bush, Jeb and Bill Clinton, which seems scrubbed. It's not that Cruise is done, his choices aren't epic enough. He needs a QT spy role.
>>
>>83645319
There's no need to discuss it really. I've seen it a hundred times at least on this site just in the last year. It's almost scary that I knew what you were gonna post next because I've seen it so many times when people shitpost about sales. It's fine really. It's a flop to you. I'll just be waiting for more news on the sequels to these movies.

And yeah, F4 is totally comparable to an obscure Japanese novel. I can't see why they'd keep trying with F4. Can't see it, at all.
>>
>>83639836
>The good news is, at the very least, we'll get great 4K restorations of the originals

Thanks Tom!
>>
>>83645704
yes people are dying for a cool Hunchback movie
>>
>>83645877
But Edge of tomorrow did flop, you can look it up yourself. Also your last point is shit. F4 still flopped and it's getting a sequel. That goes directly against your assumption that movies that flop don't get continuations. Stop being retarded.
>>
File: strahds-coach.jpg (90KB, 1280x555px) Image search: [Google]
strahds-coach.jpg
90KB, 1280x555px
I would have been interested in this "Dark Universe" if it was set on the past. Being set on the present doesn't feel right.
>>
>>83646010

This

Who the fuck wants a modern hunchback
>>
>>83645982
Not really, but it does go against your reasoning. Why would anyone invest in EoT like you say? It makes no fucking sense given it flopped according to you and there's really no history or signs pointing to it being any different in the future. Why do they keep digging up popular shit to remake constantly? Because there's a brand and history, which all apply to something like F4 especially in the age of cape trash universes.
>>
>>83646200
But F4 still flopped and its getting a sequel. There is no denying that fact, F4 was a massive flop and its still getting a sequel. Batman Begins didn't do that well in box office either yet it spawned The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, both of which made 1 billion dollars. Like I said, it's called an investment for the future. Edge of tomorrow did not do well anywhere, I don't know why this is so difficult for you to grasp or accept. You can even look up the box office gross and how much is cost to produce the movie. You can screech about how marketing costs and theater cuts all you want.
>>
>>83637957
WW was only expecting $65 to $75, but floated on critics being scared to give a negative review which gave it a high RT score. Even now the Vulture reviewer is getting endless shit between the review and explaining the review today to casuals.

Mummy will getting middling reviews, still ride $40 for the weekend regardless. Wondy's weekend will drop 60% or high which is standard and riding out with the standard drops each week afterwards. Ultimately meaning nothing other than it closes in the US below $300 and worldwide below $600
>>
>>83641423

I was hoping the revived Hammer brand was going to attempt a return to the classic characters. Things like penny Dreadful and the witch have shown that more folksy takes on horror are still marketable when done well.
>>
>>83646401
But no one is denying F4 flopped. Your logic was just retarded tho and you keep bringing up well known brands and act like anyone is wondering as to why studios invest in them. Oh wow, Batman. Yeah even comparable to EoT than F4.

It's fine man, it flopped to you. I've seen the numbers and the only ones screeching about it flopping nowadays along with just about every other movies apparently, all seem to browse this board, which doesn't affect anything really.
>>
>>83638847
>go to /co/

Kys
>>
>>83640779
that poster looks dumb as fuck what were they thinking?

also tom has that "i don't want to be here" face, sure does inspire confidence that the movie won't be shit
>>
>>83646465
>s weekend will drop 60% or high which is standard
It's actually projected to just drop by 50%
>>
>>83643068
But it was the 1999 movie that loosely remade the 1932 movie into an adventure/horror movie.

This adaption seems to be doing the same as the 1999 movie even invoking imagery from it like the giant sand face. I guess you can just say it's a reboot of the mummy franchise in general.
>>
File: grs.png (210KB, 262x470px) Image search: [Google]
grs.png
210KB, 262x470px
>>83645704
They've just shopped crowe onto another guy standing there/another picture with a different pose!
Most likely none of these people were even in the same room at the same time, theyre all just shopped in i can tell from pixels and stuff

not that it really matters but theyre still a bunch of cheaters
>>
So what's the culmination of the Dark Universe going to be?

Are the universal monsters going to team up like the Avengers or fight eachother like Godzilla and Kong? Or both?
>>
>>83639101
Go see it
>>
>>83645704
>hire all these expensive actors to carry your movies, because you can't think of any other way to market them

They really dug their own grave here.
>>
>>83648894

This. The age of the movie star is done. Not even Cruise can carry a movie with his name alone anymore.
>>
>>83646465
>Even now the Vulture reviewer is getting endless shit between the review and explaining the review today to casuals.

I regret looking this up. Fuck every mouth breathing outrage-culture keyboard warrior on this gay earth. Fuck em all.
>>
I'm still gonna watch it opening night for based Cruise
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.