[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It had a lot of potential and was pretty good to start, but we've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

File: expanse.jpg (85KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
expanse.jpg
85KB, 640x400px
It had a lot of potential and was pretty good to start, but we've all got to agree that it's terrible and nothing compared to the books now.
>>
I lost interest about halfway through season 2. Season 1 was really good though
>>
>>83631696
>we've all got to agree that it's terrible and nothing compared to the books now.
The books weren't that great which is why the show will fail. The books get progressively worse and worse.
>>
post that one picture of bobbi where she looks attractive
but not the webm, you know which one
>>
First book is pretty much as good as the series gets which is why they're milking it as long as possible in the show by staying with the first one. Once the portal and purpose of the protomolecule is known it takes a steep dive ever further into the pile of horseshit. There is no recovery.
>>
it was never all that good
>>
>>83632004
>>83632043
The first 3 books are great, the problem is that the authors are obsessed with aliens actually existing and keep pushing the alien plot that the story doesn't need.

If the protomolecule just stayed on venus and never made the gate the series would've been better off. The human factions are a lot more interesting than "muh ancient alien race"
It's weird too, one of the authors was the assistant of GRRM but he somehow missed all of George's good ideas about story telling and jumped back into cliche.
>>
>>83632123
I totally forgot about the chase/fight portion of the books in the ancient alien base/mine/structure. It was so retarded.
>>
>>83632178
Holden's povs are the worst in every book desu
>>
>>83632191
He does nail the whole egalitarian meme with white middle class college kids though. Imagine that's why he's so hard to like or get into if you possess an ounce of critical thinking.
>>
>>83632123
>It's weird too, one of the authors was the assistant of GRRM but he somehow missed all of George's good ideas about story telling and jumped back into cliche.

That makes perfect sense because that's exactly what George did. The first few books of ASOIAF were great but he slowly fell back on the same old fantasy cliches that reviewers and fans praised the earlier books for avoiding. Nobody seems to notice that nearly every single character has at least one fake-out death.
>>
>>83632035
I'd like to see this as well
>>
>>83632043
>the portal
I've never read the book, but this is the worst spoiler i can imagine and the worst plot twist that could happen.
>>
>>83631696
Absolutely loved the first few episodes. Fantastic world building. Main dude is just a boner and can't for shit though. Still loved it.
>>
>>83632646
*can't act for shit

also indian milf's voice gets me hard
>>
1st book
>I want to experiment with the protomolecule because if we understand it we could change humanity forever and make us perfect beings
2nd book
>We kidnap children and turn them into monsters with bombs attached so they can kill our enemies and then be destroyed to protect ourselves
3rd book
>I want to destroy the gate so no aliens can attack our solar system, I will sacrifice the hundreds of people here to protect the billions back home
4th book
>im a comically evil earther, fuck u belters *pew pew*
5th book
>IM EVEN MORE COMICALLY EVIL, FUCK YOU EARTHERS *BOOM BOOM*
>>
shitty actor
>>
>>83631696
the fuck cares about the books? if you read, read cult, or educative, not pulps
>>
eeeh I 'm liking the books so far (3/4 through book 4 right now) but mostly because I was starved for some neat pulp sf and nothing more, flaws of the narrative are quite glaring but it so far it werks for me
show is ok though s2 was mostly shite. I still watched it and probably will watch the next one
>>
I hate fucking belters
>>
>>83631696
Yeah gotta agree, first 1.5 seasons were top notch. until Miller died its not that fun for me anymore. Amos still pretty based tho
>>
the only problem i had with the books was in book 3 with fucking anna. holy shit what a worthless character. i hope they completely drop her if the shows get that far (probably around season 4). book 4 has been my favorite so far.
>>
>>83632547
it's not as lame as it seems. it's actually kind of neat how they handle what's on the other side.
>>
>>83635432
>didn't like my waifu
>>
>>83635495
elvi is best expansefu
>>
>>83635432
I actually liked book 3 the most so far
anna was pretty useless but that was her character
I wonder if they introduced Drummer as Fred's XO as early as they did to have her be basically Michio Pa on the Behemoth

>>83635548
>not Sam ;_;
>>
You all realize they don't have to follow the books exactly right? They may very well cut the alien station and shit to 1 episode and not draw it out. Just saying, it's book to tv adaptation and they can adapt the book by cutting the shit portions out
>>
>>83635642
>he didn't like the slow zone incident
>>
>>83635706
slow zone was the best
>>
>>83635548
>elvi
>"I'm in love with holden but all I really needed was a good hard dicking"
>>
>>83635642
>>83635706
Just was using it as an example. I liked ghost miller parts a lot. I wouldn't mind the entirety of Cibola burns condensed to 4 episodes though.
>>
>>83635905
yeah it's really dragging A LOT
I would rather Holden just went where Miller wanted right away instead of the skippy and slugs part
>>
>>83635905
the only thing i don't understand is

is proto miller dead? i get that he shut down the protomolecule on ilus, but is he...gone? also why did holden take apart the roci and throw the small protomolecule sample into the sun? was he just pissed off at miller or did he think he was just dead?
>>
Season 2 post-Eros was mostly a boring mess. Picked up slightly in a couple of episodes but I kinda hope it doesn't get renewed.
>>
>>83635987
season 2 ends in a weird spot. it's like 80% of the way through the second book. the last 20% of it get kind of crazy though.

whoever is structuring the season isn't doing a very good job tbqh. they're adding in stuff that wasn't in the books and then they're cutting the story short so the finales don't really feel right.
>>
>tfw no nauvoo shipfu
>>
>>83635985
He's gone for good anon, the protomolecule arc is over, it's all about belters being retarded space niggers now
>>
>>83636180
Behemoth
>>
Future has christians, jews and mormons, but no muslims, at least on season one
>>
>>83636465
>we'll never see a future like this
Why even live?
>>
I just finished book 2 and am going to start book 3 soon....Do we think the show is going to mostly stick to the books or do its own thing? This show kinda seems like Game of Thrones in space to me, just with less factions to worry about
>>
>>83636716
the book 3 starts out slow but once the shit hits the fan it turns into a real nail-biter. Strap in, you're in for a ride in the slow zone
>>
>>83631696
I dropped it when Miller died.
Dunno whats the main appeal of the books, but the show definitely was carried by his acting and that noir vibe first season
Te ship crew is too boring for me
>>
>>83637543
didn read the book but i bet he is alive somehow
>>
>>83636815
cool, Miller at the end was a nice hook
>>
File: 1479514015978.jpg (23KB, 604x311px) Image search: [Google]
1479514015978.jpg
23KB, 604x311px
>>83637543
he thinks miller is dead
>>
>>83635432
spoilers ahead, but if you want to avoid spoilers, just don't read the thread, how did you even survive thus far

Anna is just fucking baffling until you realize the new direction the story is taking - and that's a ton of characters, everywhere, all the time. That an asskicking space lesbian nun is one of them is not that surprising.

Things are very padded and there's a lot of unnecessary stuff. There's even a near completely redundant entire fucking book where they go and fuck around on that planet. Dude, I can't even fucking remember which one it was. Third or fourth?

Now it's all about Naomi and god, what a boring character. Perhaps she'd be less annoying without Holden the Cuck orbiting around her all the time.
>>
>>83635580

You know damn well she'll be a replacement for Pa. On Behemoth and beyond.
>>
tfw no clarissa gf
>>
>>83636229
>the protomolecule arc is over

Dude, do you remember the book or not. The space niggers are backed by Martian space dr. frankensteins who are busy creating protomolecule nightmares beyond one of the gates. That's the actual big bad right now.
>>
>>83638009
>implying they'll go anywhere with that
It's all about Naomi now
>>
[WARNING SPOILERS]

>it's a naomi pov
>it's a naomi has a kid pov
>it's a naomi's kid is a terrorist pov
>it's a naomi's kid is a terrorist that kills tens of billions of people on earth pov
>it's a naomi's kid ruins earth forever by dropping meteors on it pov
>it's a reddit defends Nemesis Games and claims it is the best book in the series moment.
>>
>>83638062
i skimmed through most of naomis chapters in nemesis games because they were so fucking boring. the only one i actually paid attention to was the part where she spaces herself to get on the other ship
>>
File: 1494447363213.jpg (370KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494447363213.jpg
370KB, 1440x1080px
>>83638062
Can't wait for that colony drop.
>>
>>83638062
Naomi is literally the worst fucking character in the whole series, and that's saying something when there are so many retarded shitheads to choose from
>>
leviathan wakes>cibola burn=abaddon's gate>>>>caliban's war>>>babylon's ashes>>>>>>>>>>nemesis games
>>
>book one
>cantebury blows up, shed gets killed instantly by a stray bullet, miller dies

Nobody important has died or come close since. All the main characters have major plot armor.
>>
>>83638179
>cibola burn is the second best book
It's literally just AG but worse, the antagonist has no real motive, the alien stuff is just out of the blue and Holden becomes a metaphor for jesus somehow making him even more annoying
>>
>>83638274
please go touch a death slug
>>
>>83638310
He's right though
>>

>Mars fleet is smallet than earths
>Mars fleet gets divided between loyalist, rogue evil scientist that just fuck off trough a gate and belter scum
>somehow the combined fleet of earths, loyalist martians and less scummy belters is always stretched thin against just the belter scum side

Bullshit. The autors are just hacks
>>
>>83638460
Yeah, NG was complete bullshit

>random very small radical faction of the OPA gets a fleet that can rival the martians and attack their prime minister
>they attack the OPA's HQ and steal their most valuable resource and pull it off
>They attack earth and completely destroy it without the UN fleet even firing a round to stop them

they're such snowflakes and it's bullshit how they could get so wealthy and powerful and not a single faction even noticed them, it also kills the entire point of having 3 factions because a fourth appears and is a huge danger to the original 3 and they are forced to work together.
>>
>>83638658
You forgot
>one space nigger with magical charisma manages to convince a shitload of people to do his bidding when it's blindingly obvious his plan is utterly retarded
>>
>>83638711
dude it's a metaphor for how all terrorists have terrible plans and somehow convince people to die for their cause :^)
>>
>>83638009
Oh, when gates eat people- that's the guys that took out protomolecule creators
>>
>>83639852
ghosts?
>>
>>83640701
not done with the last book yet, but

in the epilogue of nemesis games a ship goes through a gate and everyone inside changes form into smoke (or something like that) and then some other type of life form appears and kills them all
>>
It just felt like they switched writers. The last episodes started to feel really stupid and full of writing errors. It's a shame, it was my favorite show before that, but after I started noticing those stupid things, I could barely finish watching last season.
>>
naomi is ugly in the show, she's a qt waifu in the books
>>
>>83641142
she looks kind of like this in the books but with curly hair
>>
>>83641317
VERY CUTE
>>
>>83640837

I know all that, I just thought your post is a LOST reference

the thing in question will be some sort of transdimensional no-thing that will never be fully explained because that would take away the creep factor. yawn.
>>
I can't wait for riding bikes and shooting survialist nuts in the face with Amos and Clarissa.

Literally the best part of that book, between when Amos goes into the Prison and when they land on Luna.
>>
>>83641559
the amos and clarissa parts are pretty much the only good parts. alex and bobbie is alright. the rest is fucking shit
>>
OK /tv/
you're in charge of casting the role of Clarissa Mao
>>
File: 800a103a1150dc3a38b04f7bdc5433c9.jpg (167KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
800a103a1150dc3a38b04f7bdc5433c9.jpg
167KB, 1024x1536px
>>83641654
i dont know why but she was my first thought
>>
>>83641772
because you can't think of any other asians.
>>
>>83641793
does idris elba count?
>>
>people hating on Nemesis Games
it's legit the best book, though, if only for Amos's chapters
fact: Clarissa makes every chapter better
>>
File: 1480226226815.jpg (56KB, 514x432px) Image search: [Google]
1480226226815.jpg
56KB, 514x432px
>>83642353
can't disagree
>>
>>83642353
Naomi chapters are bad
Holden chapters are bad
Amos chapters are bad
Alex chapters are good until Bobbie shows up
>>
File: fukuhara.webm (2MB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
fukuhara.webm
2MB, 640x800px
>>83641654
>>
>>83642599
she's a qt, but doesn't look like a crazy terrorist
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.