/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/'s consensus of Aliens? Is it better, worse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: ALIENSMOFO.png (264KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ALIENSMOFO.png
264KB, 667x1000px
What is /tv/'s consensus of Aliens?

Is it better, worse or the same as the original Alien?
>>
>>83616450
Better
>>
>>83616450
>consensus
fuck off faggot
>>
>>83616450

Way better

Everything in Alien happens due to continued stupidity, in Aliens they're actually a trained unit and come up with a solid plan to survive. Makes the aliens seem more scary when they actually have to show some sort of intelligence to pick people off.
>>
File: ripleypubes.webm (2MB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
ripleypubes.webm
2MB, 1920x1036px
Not as good as Alien, but pretty good
>>
worse
>>
>>83616450
I can tell you one thing, that's an awful fucking poster.
>>
>>83616450

Alien is a near-perfect movie. Thrilling, mysterious, tense, extremely compelling.

Aliens is a long, dull, stupid action movie with no tension whatsoever.
>>
>>83616450
>using that one AVP pic for one of the xenos
>>
>>83616450
>Aliens fan art
>The aliens look like the one from Alien

bladerunnerposter/10
>>
File: sentryturretscene.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sentryturretscene.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>83616603

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BKefUNZOHA

Dat scene with the sentry turrets...fuckin gets me still every time. The immense amount of tension you experience while watching the ammo counters dwindle down on Hick's display screen gives me goosebumps. Hearing the screams of the dying xenomorphs and the others just rushing towards the sentry towards was freaky!!

No one ever recognizes the good scary parts in Aliens. They just want to say look, "Muh, dumb Aliens action flick." Get over it! There's PLENTY of good scary stuff in Aliens!!
>>
>>83617145

The motion tracker's sound effect is more scary than anything in Ridley Scott's last CGI shit fest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziv3c4y_duA
>>
>>83616450
you can't compare movies across genres. alien is horror.
>>
>>83617145
Its a good scene and comfy as fk. Makes me want to play a tower defense game.
>>
>>83616450
Cheesy action schlock. It's generally adored by the same braindead 30-something year old man-children that prefer Terminator 2 and Rambo: First Blood: Part 2 over the originals.
>>
File: IMG_0419.png (968KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0419.png
968KB, 640x1136px
Alien 3 (Assembly) >>> Aliens (DX) > Alien (DX) > Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 = Prometheus (DX) > Prometheus > Alien Resurrextion (DX) > Alien Covenant = Alien Resurrection
>>
Aliens is the perfect representation of a commercial derivative produced by a sterile money machine. It's completely robbed of any of the haunting imagery, imagination and sexual nightmares of the original, reducing the whole concept of the rape monsters from the stars to easily-slaughtered ants. And reducing Ripley from a independent working-stiff vision of equality and strength to a juvenile tough girl fantasy.
>>
>>83616622
Double dubs and bush confirm
>>
Slightly better
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.