[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Hollywood is starting to warm up to the idea of R-Rated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Nope.jpg (101KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.jpg
101KB, 720x1080px
Now that Hollywood is starting to warm up to the idea of R-Rated movies again is it time for an R-rated sequel to the lackluster Robocop remake? Or should they just reboot it AGAIN and pretty much pretend the remake never happened?

I mean, America has NEVER been this ripe for political and social commentary/satire before. You put in a CEO who wants to 'Make Detroit safe again!' and robo-cops who have been programmed to take racial crime statistics into account when profiling perps and you've already got your movie half written.
>>
1. Bring back Peter Weller
2. Ignore reboot Robocop
3. Make it an "old man Robo" story
>>
>>83613163
This, or at least make Wellers the new villian
>>
How about coming up with a new idea and not try to make a quick buck off people's nostalgia.
>>
Have the new PR-friendly bots interfering with the human cops

>"ERROR: QUOTA FOR DAILY HISPANIC APPREHENSIONS HAS BEEN EXCEEDED, RELEASING ALL SUSPECTS"
>>
>>83613213
>>83613163
These ideas are worse than the reboot.

>>83613124
Make a remake with roughly the same plot as the original +- some changes, and a modern cast and modern special effects.

Keep the original classic one-liners and throw in a few more. Also instead of including a parody of 80's commercial business culture, make it a parody of today's, with ridiculous iPhone apps and stuff
>>
>>83613124
Since the rebooted Robocop got basics fundamentally wrong, had none of the camp of the original and was more of a sci-fi body-horror action film... why not just make more sci-fi body-horror action films?

They could do one about Iraq veterans that are formally declared dead by the government. In reality they are whisked away to a private facility, where they are subjects of cutting-edge bionics research. Once they are pressed into service memories in their organic brains begin to surface and they realize the government is ruled by a cabal of elites implementing NWO. Now the only ones who can stop them are the augmented men.
>>
>>83613231
Have like a robot like do an assessment on threat-level for a bunch of criminals at a crime scene and he determines the one who's face happens to be in the shadows to be black and shoots him outright.
>>
>>83613124
NO

FUND DREDD 2 INSTEAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZrsJsvL30g
>>
And why not just leave the original Robocop as it is? I swear to christ, it's like you really fucking enjoy money laundering.
>>
>>83613477
advertising is against the rules fag
>>
File: 18.jpg (43KB, 312x346px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
43KB, 312x346px
Why is Robocop 2 so hated?
I understand some folks had issues with a kid being a villain, I thought it worked out alright.
>>
>directed by the same nigga that directed Tropa de Elite
Okay how about Tropa de Elite: Detroit Edition
>>
>>83613725
I think its a great cheesy sequel. Its a tad more violent than 1 and that bothered people
>>
>>83613124
After total recall I thought it was impossible to make a worse reboot. And then I watched Robocop. It was like someone saw the trailer for the original and said "Awesome I can make this better" and promptly did everything to make it worse.
>>
>>83613725
Real talk, the scene where the stopmotion evil robot spider-crawls rapidly up the elevator shaft is some seriously spooky shit.
>>
I liked the new Robocop.
>>
>>83613429
>And why not just leave the original Robocop as it is?
this. I don't know why you disgusting little faggots want more shit reboots/sequels.
>>
>>83613851
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: You idiot!.png (225KB, 627x353px) Image search: [Google]
You idiot!.png
225KB, 627x353px
>>83613124
>actually wanting this steaming pile of dogshit to get a sequel/spinoff/reboot
You idiot!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.