[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be alive 200 years >healing factor goes to shit for no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 17

File: logan.jpg (25KB, 1412x585px) Image search: [Google]
logan.jpg
25KB, 1412x585px
>be alive 200 years
>healing factor goes to shit for no reason

????

Also where was everyone else? ALL the mutants besides Logan, Xavier, and a literal who go missing in ~25 years?
>>
>tfw every Logan thread has the same stupid complaints that have been answered 1 million times over in the movie
>>
According to whoever the fuck bothers writing up the wiki plots the other X-men were killed when Xavier had his first brain fuck up.
>>
>>83592784
Did Inferno happen?
>>
>>83592784
>watches movies for pretty pictures
>ignores the dialogue
>lulz wut it didn't mak no sense???
>>
Try rewatching the movie with subtitles because you're clearly deaf as fuck.
>>
For what I've understand adamantium is poisonus for mutants and probably even humans.
>>
It was all the adamantium inside him that was poisoning his blood. That's why they only gave xcunny the adamantium claws.
>>
>>83592852
Shit still doesn't make sense.
Phoenix killed by Xavier, c'mon.
Magneto?
The weakest mind mutant survives?
Horseshit.
>>
>>83592934
I just realized how tiny his head looks in the suit and how retarded it looks anatomically.
>>
>>83592934
Charles only killed a few mutants
Again, watch the movie, the reason the rest of them died is in there.
>>
>>83592934
Wolverine killed Phoenix remember
>>
>>83592934
Everyone was fighting at the grand canyon or some shit when professor X stroked out and either melted everyone's mind or kept them stationary as falling debree collapsed on top of them, the rest of the mutants were hunted down by the government for being mutants, that's why the clinic was secret and in Mexico with no government support or knowledge. Literally all of this was explained in the film, try and listen better in the future.
>>
>>83592784
Did you not watch the movie? Adamantium is poison, it's stated in the comics and in the movies, his body could only cope with it being bonded to his skeleton because of his healing factor.
After 50 years of his bones being coated in the stuff it became too much for even his mutation to deal with.
>>
>>83592784
>for no reason
Besides the ones explicity stated in the movie.
>>
File: Wot.gif (985KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Wot.gif
985KB, 500x281px
>>83592994
>phoenix the very embodiment of death & rebirth
>killed
>>
>>83593043
Hey I didn't write X3
>>
>>83592784
They govermnets used Xavier, Albino and Logan to hunt down and kill every last mutant
>>
>>83592994
But she was there in the future from the days of the future past
>>
>>83593114
I think DoFp retconed a lot of stuff though and uncreated. The events of X2 and X3 with it's distroyal of the sentinel program in the 80's
>>
>>83592837
>According to whoever the fuck bothers writing up the wiki plots
According to the actual film, you fucktard.

They literally explain this in the film multiple times. I suppose you needed a scene where Charles goes "I killed the x-men!" and logan is like "yeah, you did charles! you killed them all!|" before having a flash back scene showing it happen.
>>
>>83592784
The adamantine begins to leak and continuously poison him until eventually his regeneration can't keep up, and once it gets a sliver ahead, it's all downhill as the poison overpowers it.
>>
>>83593209
That was almost going to happen at one point.
Probably for the sake of retards like him.
I'm glad they never ruined it for brainlets.
>>
>>83592784
Don't worry, OP. Your healing factor will also go to shit "for no reason" someday.
>>
File: 1481778546005.jpg (14KB, 259x283px) Image search: [Google]
1481778546005.jpg
14KB, 259x283px
>>83592784
>questioning comic book super powers
>>
>>83592784
the comic lore is that his adamentiauasdfam is actually poisonous and has always slightly stunted his healing factor. he's basically been living with perpetual lead poisoning
>>
>>83592784
OP you do realize that if he had perfect healing factor he would have never matured, right? Becoming an adult is also aging aka cells re-newing. So why are you so retarded?
>>
>>83592784
>HFCS somehow stopped all mutants

The movie as a whole was alright, but I couldn't get over this.
>>
>>83592784
Did no one in this thread actually watch the movie or were you simply not paying attention and to busy shitposting on your phones? The Legacy Virus is created by Zander Rice to wipe out the world's mutant population. The Reason Logan had lasted for so long was because of his healing factor. Adamantium being the poison is not revealed or made explicit in the movie, and it makes no sense since in days of future past he's much older in the future segments.
>>
>>83593671
>Adamantium being the poison is not revealed or made explicit in the movie

oh shit my bad, i thought it had been. guess i just assumed that was the case...
>>
>>83593029

His Healing factor was also weakening as he aged.

Wolverines healing lets him live an extremely long life but as he gets old it starts to become weaker. If he had no adamantium in him he probably would still live maybe close to another 50 or so years with a weakened healing factor.
>>
>>83592784
It's a premise - roll with it fucktard.
>>
>>83593411
>>HFCS somehow stopped all mutants

No they put chemicals in everything that just prevented the mutant gene from being activated/passed on.

They didn't actively kill mutants with it they just prevented anymore from being born.
>>
honestly, i was bored as shit watching this movie that the dialogues kinda just went in one ear out the other

>when superhero movies start to bore the shit outta you
>>
>>83592837
>>83593209
Are you faggots memeing or do you legitimately think that's the movie explanation for all of the mutants getting killed?
>>
>>83593860
So all the mutants that Xavier didn't kill just died of old age over 25 years?
>>
I'm pretty sure this movie isn't canon with any of the other X-movies because of how inconsistent it is with them.
>>
>>83592784
Literally all of this is explained through dialogue in the film you dribbling spastic.
>>
>>83594065
He doesn't kill all the mutants, he killed several x-men.

The movie explains though that the stuff in the food and drinks suppresses mutant genes.

The movie never really says that all mutants are dead either, just that there hasn't been a new mutant for years.
>>
>>83593088
why did they comply

and who was nosferatu?

why did leader kid not use his telekinesis until the very end of the fight?
>>
>>83592784
>no reason
they literally tell you why in the movie
>>
>>83594212
they were being hunted down, which is why logan, caliban and xavier went into hiding
>>
>>83594737
>who was nosferatu
they told us in the movie, he was Caliban
>>
>>83594756
how does a healing factor suddenly succumb to poison? it is active at all times, there is no degeneration

mutants are literally all over the fucking planet

you're gonna sit here and tell me every government colluded to make people eat and drink rice's anti-mutant shit to stop them? what of vegan mutants or mutants that grow their own shit?

>>83594859
who the fuck is caliban though

isnt the whole plot of x2 or 3 them being hunted and resisting successfully?

how is cunny23 supposed to age when she has fucking metal for bones

why didnt gabriela just tell logan upfront she's a mutant

why didnt she talk till after x kicked it
>>
>>83594737
>why did leader kid not use his telekinesis until the very end of the fight?

It actually wasn't telekinesis. He could control the Earth around him. If you look close, you can see that the truck was being lifted by a large slab of earth before it toppled over top of X-24.
>>
>>83595122
ok so why couldn't his earthbender ass do something

every other kid was fighting or helping and this nigga sits there watching logan get his ass whooped even after the gun is away from his head
>>
If you watched The Wolverine you'd have seen that he got blasted by the one of the nukes the US dropped onto Japan to save a Japanese soldier.

And that radiation has been slowly poisoning him for decades.
>>
>>83592886

but why hasnt it been poisoinus for 50 years before he got sick?
>>
>>83595024
He was in Xmen Apocalypse
>>
>>83593010

I love how this makes everything in Days of Future pointless, and that movie in turned invalidated the first 3 X-Men. Comics movies finally going as full retard as the books.
>>
>>83595024
>how does a healing factor suddenly succumb to poison? it is active at all times
Humans have a healing factor IRL, it gets worse over time/from poison/disease
>>
>>83593671
>>83593800

he literally says adamantium is probably the thing that's killing him
>>
>>83593209
It'd be funny if the exposition was that way and wolverine just tells Xavier he murdered everyone when he's pissed off
>>
>>83595024
The cunny only has metal claws you dip.
>>
>>83595024
his healing factor have always been working overtime on keeping the rejection of the adamantium at bay but, as with all mutants with healing factor, it gives up after some time, also x-23 only has adamantium claws
>>
>>83595024

>isnt the whole plot of x2 or 3 them being hunted and resisting successfully?

X2 and X3 aren't canon anymore because of Days of Future Past, where they go back in time to not be hunted ever. Then they all die anyway 5 years later in Logan.
>>
X-Men movies were a mistake
>>
>>83595493
so how was she strong enough to just straight up tank bullets and overpower/outspeed grown men?

little kids aren't that fucking fast

even in his prime logan still gets knocked down by gunfire
>>
>>83592784
>where was everyone else
and thus the problem with these unified super hero universes. the moment an earth threatening event goes down, super heros should just be spilling all over the place.
>>
>>83592784
>no reason
>movie states about 50 times each that the mutant-killing gene killed off all future mutantbabbis and obviously weakened his healing factor and claws which is why he can't retract/extend them properly, so now his weakened healing factor from the virus is working overtime to cope with adamantium poison along with all the beatings he takes. Then he burns it out completely when he puts his healing factor into overdrime with the greengoo

Pay attention to the movie fuckwad it was great

all the other mutants obviously died to mutant hunters, the virus and Charles, or did you not pay attention when Caliban told Logan that he couldn't breath when charles was in freakout mode

its kino get over it you contrarian retard
>>
>>83592784
it's a capeshit flick made for manchildren, but THIS time with an R rating and cgi blood.
what the fuck did you expect?
>>
The movie Logan said only seven mutants were killed at the Westchester incident. There were a lot more mutants than that at the end of Days of Future Past.

Also Xavier had a hover chair. Why did technology regress so much between that DoFP and Logan?
>>
>>83592784
>be alive 200 years
Too much capeshit does that.
>Also where was everyone else? ALL the mutants besides Logan, Xavier, and a literal who go missing in ~25 years?
Xavier microwaved their brains.
>>
>>83595580
because of the healing factor logan gets an increased strength and speed (which is why he can walk around with an adamantium skeleton in the first place)
as with the gunfire part she could've just been a shitty/inexperienced actor
>>
>>83595663
the school was obviously attacked in an unrelated incident and the government obviously tries to keep track on mutants because of all the articles saying the number of mutants are dwindling
>>
>>83595580
Idk man, I've seen some really fast kids. It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.
>>
I'm only mad at Mangold insisting this is canon/takes place in canonical timeline. Movie would work better as like an what if/elseworld one shot.
>>
>>83595630
I'm not taking a fucking alzheimer's epileptic old fuck's words at face value

I dont buy that the bullshit OP mutants are getting taken down by fucking cornsyrup ALL PRODUCED BY ONE COMPANY when there are 7 billion goddamn humans alive in 2017

With x3 retconned who the FUCK can stand up to Jean? Fucking no one. Xavier having a seizure can't take down the goddamn Phoenix. Where's Magneto's crew? Why would pooinloo mutants or chinese ones be affected by Transigen? World governments are united and suddenly all food is controlled by one company?

Xavier's seizure could kill weaker mutants, sure, but that's in the immediate area. The world is a huge fucking place and theres no way in hell there aren't tons of mutants still out there wholly unaffected by him.

X-men movies were a mistake. The movie is good standalone but otherwise it makes no fucking sense.

>>83595630
Copout answer. Wolverine literally regenerated from fucking cells.
>>
>>83592784
>Also where was everyone else? ALL the mutants besides Logan, Xavier, and a literal who go missing in ~25 years?
while it is never spelled out directly, the movie pretty much implies that Xavier killed most of them all when he had one of these seizures. Only Logan survived that, and that's when he started to hide Charles.
>>
>>83595229
Its been slowly poisoning him for years. His healing factor has been slowing it down
>>
>>83595397
Didn't Magneto strip the metal out of him at some point in the comics? Bet he wishes he was nicer to Eric now, that might've helped to save him.
>>
>>83595919

you get it anon. it'll all be retconned away in future X-Men sequels so I don't understand the ridiculous gymnastics people are defending this with.
>>
>>83593817
>>83593860

the HFCS fucked up his healing factor too
>>
>>83595919
That's in the comics. The movies exist in a different universe than the comics
>>
>>83596156
This. We'll discover that since his healing factor was massively slowed down he wasn't dead, just talking a massive amount of time to regenerate.
He'll burst out of his grave mostly functional in a decade or so.
>>
Fuck you cunts are retarded.

How can you claim to like kino and at the same time not be able to understand a simple straightforward flick like Logan?
>>
>>83593209
>They literally explain this in the film multiple times

No the "literally" don't you "literal" faggot. They allude to it once. And yes it's super obvious and he's a dumbass for not getting it, but fuck off with your "literally" hyperbolic bullshit.
>>
File: x.jpg (41KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
41KB, 1240x775px
>just eat some candy and soda and it'll modify your genetics
>>
>>83594065
He killed sevetal xmen and tge rest were mopped up by the revers and the poisoned food supply
>>
>>83593010
>Everyone was fighting at the grand canyon or some shit when professor X stroked out and either melted everyone's mind or kept them stationary as falling debree collapsed on top of them

lmao stop making shit up you retard
>>
>>83596398
Horizontal gene transfer
>>
>>83596398
>>83596606
and yes corn syrup fucks with fertility by way of insulin resistance
>>
>>83596021
is laura gonna die before shes 18?
>>
>>83596398
>Never any significant number of mutants ever in entire human history
>Suddenly heaps of humans have mutant genes
>some of these genes make you shoot lasers from eyes, some make you telepathic, some make you grow wings or heal impossibly fast
>this is all plausible but genetic engineering stopping the mutations (which only started a generation or 2 ago) is implausible
>>
>>83594335
>>83596418
What about people who grow their own food and have their own wells?
What food do you poison that will poison everyone?
>>
>>83596704
she does have the adamantium skeleton holy fuck you people have to be baiting there's no way you're this dense
>>
>>83596388
"Yes Charles! You killed all the mutants you fucking asshole kike!"

It felt a little strong but we know Raimi for this
>>
>They didn't run with the story that apocalypse infected the mutants with a virus.
why?
>>
>>83593043
Phoenix is lame anyways who gives a fuck.
>>
File: 787-9_detail.jpg (37KB, 331x257px) Image search: [Google]
787-9_detail.jpg
37KB, 331x257px
>>83596864
Reference to a very real idea
>>
>>83597125
Xenoestrogens aren't being filtered from the tap water and it's turning the fricken frogs gay!
>>
>>83596733
chem trails m8

gmo seeding m8

literally happening everyday m8

muh tin foil hat m8
>>
>>83596708
Kek
>>
>>83596796
They are. There's no way so many people missed this.
>>
>>83593043

Jean Grey died, not the phoenix. She is just a host, the phoenix is immortal.
>>
>>83592784
Is this the audience on /tv/ these days?
Can't understand simple plot points
Maybe you need to hit those books harder faggots
>>
Unironically the most boring movie I've watched in 2017.
>>
>>83597180
It is. That type of stuff was being reported at least 20 years ago.
>>
>>83596131
I have that issue lying around my attic somewhere. It was actually then revealed Logan had bone claws (that wasn't known and was a big shock back then)

He went awhile without the adamantium until Apocalypse restored it to him.
>>
>>83596708
mutants were always there they were just not public
>>
>>83592784
Baby needs to be spoon fed again, whose turn is it?
>>
>>83598122
You're unironically a faggot.
>>
>>83598122
Unironically fall face first into a giant spike
>>
>>83592784
>even faggots from tvtropes got it right
just how retarded are you?
>>
>>83593671
>>83593800
>HE PUT THIS POISON IN ME
>>
>>83598844
Nothing has refuted my questions in this entire thread.

Wolvie doesn't degenerate. Poisoning isn't suddenly going to activate because of some corn syrup.

Still waiting on an explanation for the mutants not in the USA going missing.
>>
File: smmKg1f.jpg (40KB, 1022x648px) Image search: [Google]
smmKg1f.jpg
40KB, 1022x648px
>>83599263
How about this for an answer?
>>
>>83592886
I thought adamantium wasn't chemically reactive. how can it poison him?
>>
File: 1494480319932.jpg (49KB, 345x383px) Image search: [Google]
1494480319932.jpg
49KB, 345x383px
>>83598969
>>83599049
Being this assblasted about capeshit.
>>
isnt Logan set in a different universe than the other films
>>
>>83600198
Probably.
>>
>>83594212
They were probably rounded up and killed by the same mercenary group from the movie.
>>
Do you retards not think the virus is the cause of his healing problems?
>>
>>83592784

Eat a fucking dick and watch the movie again faggot.
>>
>>83600198

no, Mangold says it's the same universe as the latest films which is a retarded decision
>>
>>83601604
despite that logan was probably the best x-men film of all, i don't take the timeline outside of the first three movies seriously. the only reason to is professor x is alive in logan
>>
>>83602547
>i don't take the timeline outside of the first three movies seriously
This.
>>
>>83603235
yay i did good
>>
do I gotta watch all the other capeshit wolverine movies to enjoy this flick ?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13104532
>>
>>83593671
Finally someone gets it. I was surprised how nobody on /tv/ has ever mentioned the virus even though they make it quite an obvious plot point in the film.
>>
If he was alive for 200 years shouldn't he be more intelligent, wiser and better at fighting? Shouldn't he have become a master stategist and so on?
>>
>>83603320

not at all
>>
>>83596733
>What food do you poison that will poison everyone?
Corn, since it's used in so much shit. You think it was a coincidence they had so many scene with the farmer's family? Damn, at least try to pay attention to the movie son.
>>
>>83603609
He suffered amnesia after the weapon x program.
>>
>>83595580
She never tanked bullets in the film. That guy kept telling his men not to use lethal force on her.
>>
>>83603893
I'm assuming she got shot several times in all those action scenes where she slits peoples throats.
>>
>>83603320
As someone who only watched the first X-Men movie and First Class before seing Logan and then watched all the other movies afterwards, no.
All you have to see is the first X-Men movie to get the basic gist of the universe.
You might miss a couple of references here and there but they aren't important
>>
>>83592784
fıucking pleb what are you fucking retard? watch the movie again
>>
>>83603744
>Corn, since it's used in so much shit.

Only in Murica.
>>
>>83603270
With great power comes great responsibility.
>>
>>83603924
>I'm assuming
Well there's your problem, bud.
>>
File: 1464031890624.jpg (16KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1464031890624.jpg
16KB, 447x444px
>>83601429
>rando mercenary group that can barely fight a bunch of little kids with powers can take on full fledged adults that have trained with their powers for years and are exponentially stronger
>>
>>83604005
read the thread again
>>
Wait, so was it the corn syrup or the adamantium that was poisoning him?
>>
>>83604315
neither it was Hugh Jackman not wanting to do the character anymore

real wolverine wouldn't be affected by such shitty plot devices
>>
>>83604832
ok, now for the serious answer because Hugh Jackman will definitely change his mind within 10 years.
>>
>>83592784
This movie was so fucking awful, I don't like this trend of edgy and dark superhero movies. Also the part with the niggers and their Flip son was a stupid throwback to Wolverine Origins.
>>
>>83604896
Hence the lingering shot of his grave in the final scene. Five years time the next movie will start with that same shot and he'll emerge fucked up but alive. Probably still able to heal, just slower than his younger self and he continues to age normally. Teams up with cunnyfu against zombies or some shit.

Screenshot this.
>>
>>83605525
Zombie outbreak was caused by humans mutating due to corn syrup.

Like pottery.
>>
>>83605525
I'm pretty sure that last shot was a dig at Zack Snyder and BvS. It was almost like they were mocking him.
>Guess what you guys, we actually have the balls to kill our characters
>>
>>83604832

bingo /thread etc.
>>
File: photo.jpg (95KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
95KB, 900x900px
>>83592784
I loved the movie, but yeah, i don't think the writing really improved much since the previous Wolverine movies

The entire thing is still "Logan is an asshole but then learns love", the villains are still generic boring fucks, the continuity is a mess as usual and, i usually ignore these things, but a better score could've helped. I couldn't take seriously that brief piano track they kept recycling for the sad moments

BUT Hugh was entertaining as always, the Wolverine was finally able to breath with an R rating and X-23 was a great performance despite being a kid

Basically if it wasn't for the (admittedly fitting) violence the movie would've just been another The Wolverine, minus dumb robot fight. I came out of the viewing thinking it was definitely overrated but i can forgive it for it because they tried to do something different for this Logan's last appearance
>>
Hugh Jackman said he would come back as Wolverine in the MCU, so, you know, kek and all
>>
>>83604152
There were like several dozen people with rifles shooting at her as she was out in the open. It's not a ridiculous thing to assume fedora lord.
>>
File: hulkvs1.jpg (72KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
hulkvs1.jpg
72KB, 500x272px
>>83606160
http://screenrant.com/if-x-men-were-in-mcu-hugh-jackman-would-keep-playing-wolverine/

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I was reading a storytime on /co/ of Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine today, and that's what i was thinking, it's a fucking shame those two will never meet on the big screen. I mean, Wolvie was literally introduced fighting the Hulk. Same for Spider-Man and the F4. I guess the MCU spoiled me, it proved these crossovers are THIS close from happening, but won't

At least the animated movie was good
>>
>>83599872

Having so much of a foreign material sitting in one's body would probably rek someone's system regardless of how toxic it is.

My take from the film was that the chemicals reking the X-Gene also fukt with mutant's powers, slowing Logan's down enough to catch up with the adamantium and injuries.
>>
>>83606460
Just pray post Jackman xmen fail miserably and maybe well get some marvel/xmen crossovers.
>>
>>83606424
The movie never has anything on screen to ever indicate that she got shot. You know if she was, there would at least have been one scene where she pushes a bullet out of her arm.
>>
>>83605525
>>83605577
sort of want
>>
>>83606523
It's no use man, he's already pushing 50. He can't maintain that kind of physique much longer, even with the insane gear he cycles. He says himself that he hates going through that every time they sign him on to do an X-Men movie, which is why he wanted to bury the character.
>>
>>83606593
There was. When she got in the limo she sucks and spits a bullet out of her arm
>>
>>83606593
Considering she gets harpooned and shakes it off what makes you think a few bullets is out of the question?
>>
>>83604315

Both. Chemicals slowed down his healing, adamantium began slowly poisoning.
>>
>>83596156
Did you know that movies actually have purpose and themes and aren't just informative documentaries about real things that actually happened? Or are you seriously stressing out that different comic book stories don't fit together so good?
>>
>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who don't perform controlled genocide by spiking the water supply
>>
>>83592784

FUUUUCK

Logan blatantly says that they poisoned him with Adamantium.

His healing factor is constantly fighting it so he grew weaker.

SO MANY CRITICS DIDN'T EVEN GET THIS
>>
>>83607012
Can you blame anyone for that? The movie glosses over these informations almost in monosyllables, all "blink and you miss it" small, and often vague sentences

>Albino man sees Logan drinking and says "you know that's killing you, right?"
>So the alcohol is ruining the healing factor? The liver is too busy processing it? Was it just a general comment on his decaying lifestyle?
And so on

I mean, that's probably for the better, continuity and consistent rules have always been FoX-men's weakness, so not focusing too much on them is arguably smart. But don't blame people for being reasonably confused, the picture is blurry
>>
>>83607246
Dude fucking THIS. I swear the film almost intentionally makes it vague what's actually killing him. There's also the scene in the doctor's office where the doctor mentions a "poison in his body", and Logan says "I know what's killing me", then cut to a scene of him drinking.

I thought it was the alcohol at first too until my comic book friends told me about the adamantium.
>>
>>83607246
The movie was about a dangerous dystopian road trip, and redemption. The larger story was included but downplayed in order to keep the movie intimate.
>>
>>83607246

I like that Logan doesn't beat you over the head with every plot point like most capeshit flicks. It actually has some subtlety and hints at a lot but doesn't spell everything out.

Maybe Logan healing factor only had a two century shelf life. who fucking knows. Should the Doctor stop, look at the camera, and tell the viewer why Logan suddenly can't heal well anymore?

These days the average movie viewer is a mouth breather who needs every single nuance explained to them.
>>
>>83607566
>>83607583
I know what you're saying, but look at my example, you're really saying it makes no difference knowing wether Logan's degeneration is a natural death or self imposed punishment?
>>
Where are all the other superhero's in this timeline? Where is Iron Man, the Hulk, Superman, etc?
>>
>>83607639
Yeah it was kind of weird not knowing if he was trying to kill himself slowly, or if it was just happening naturally. Would have helped a lot to understand his character in the film better.

If I had to guess, it was natural but he was drinking the pain away which was probably not helping either.
>>
>>83592784
adamantium you fucking retard. did you even watch it and did you ever see the previous films.
>>
Everyone in this movie was an idiot.

And that's fine, because it's in character. Logan is drunk and dying. Xavier is senile. Laura has never had a healthy social environment. Caliban freezes up under pressure. The Reavers are dumb muscle. The scientist is an arrogant-stupid ass.

Everyone is dumb, everyone makes terrible decisions, almost everyone dies, and it's a great movie.
>>
>>83607822
Tgis. We needed a ball driod to tell us logan had simply los t the will to live
>>
>>83608331
Previous films are irrelevant or else they'd show his healing factor being weakened, this has never occurred.

Adamantium doesn't do shit. Fuck you.
>>
>>83592825
>wolverines ultimate weakness is a tree branch
oh wow cool thanks for that good answer
>>
>>83609108
in the x-men cartoon series, wolverines DNA makes a cure for literal SUPER CANCER AIDS and cleanses the whole planet, so yeah, im with you, adamantium doesnt do shit
>>
>>83595024
This is the same studio that thinks an adamantium bullet can penetrate adamantium. There's no point in questioning it.
>>
>>83609108
>>83609885
>>83609885
wrong, friendo ,about the animated cartoons
>DNA/RNA caused malformity leads to cancer
>Logan can fixed that due to great cellular regeneration that has almost no imperfections

>continuous heavy metal poisoning all along his skeleton can be fixed
lol, there's a difference between reprogramming cells and the difference between literally being poisoned every moment by this super metal

give me a break, we're almost there with the former (reprogramming DNA/RNA from stem cells so we can repair cells that forgot how to replicate right) but not against radiation/poisoning from metals

if he had titanium in him, yes, you're right, titanium is very sturdy, heat resistant, and almost no impact to the human body (i.e. also used in space/airplanes as well), but this is a mystical super metal that cannot be melted ever again (X-2) gotta keep it hot
>>
>>83610724
wrong
>>
>>83610949
lol no, hes right
>>
>>83611526
samefag

wrong
>>
>>83607583
>*record scratch*
>"So, I guess you rango wangos are wonderin' why I'm not bloody healin' anymore..."
>>
I can't believe there are still Logan threads with 100 unique IPs.
>>
File: dumbfuck.png (118KB, 957x1291px) Image search: [Google]
dumbfuck.png
118KB, 957x1291px
>>83611543
you're a shitposter
tell me why im wrong
also not same, faggot
>>
>>83614653
good post
>>
YOU GUYS

HOLY SHIT

THE THING IN THE CORN SYRUP WEAKENED EVERYONE'S POWERS

EVEN LOGAN'S

THE REASON HE'S STILL ALIVE IS BECAUSE OF HIS HEALING FACTOR

BUT THE TWEAKING OF THE CORN AND CORN SYRUP IS SLOWLY WEARING HIS POWER AWAY

MAKING IT WEAKER SO THAT THE ADAMANTIUM IS KILLING HIM

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
>>
I find it extremely hard to believe there were no healthy X-men with a junk/process food-free diet, thus saving them from the annihilating HFCS>
>>
>>83592934
The xmen disbanded cause xavier accidentally killed a couple.
No mutants were born cause the bad guy put stuff in corn syrup to supress the xgene.
What few mutants were left were flagged as dangerous or not. Dangerous ones were picked up by the government.
It's in the movie.
>>
>>83596388
>They allude to it once.
The radio specifically mentions the xmen getting killed at the school, and that xavier was the suspect.
That's what triggers him remembering.
>>
>>83614802
>all caps
>reddit spacing

You expect anyone to read this trash post?
>>
>>83615250
yes
>>
File: 1495131222450.gif (980KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
1495131222450.gif
980KB, 227x221px
>mfw all the white mutants are dead and the only remaining mutants are a bunch of Mexicans that are literally sneaking over a border
How did /pol/ not to apeshit at this movie?
>>
>>83615611
Laura is white.
>>
>>83607417
>then cut to a scene of him drinking

what? after the doctor scene is when laura sperges out about eden
>>
>>83592898
>xcunny
Shes called loligan
>>
>>83592784
adamaatium poinsing fag
>>
>>83592934
>The weakest mind mutant survives?
Dude wat.
>>
>>83593010
Logan is effectively written in a sense that it could be applied to the X-men movie universe no matter what timeline trickery you want to apply to it. Not that you have to stretch logic very far given there's only a couple mutants in the movie.
>>
>>83594065

He killed most of the x-man when he had his first seizure, only Wolverine lived because of his healing and he managed to knock him out eventually but by then most of the x-men and most of the children at the school were dead. The director said they actually filmed the entire scene at the school but took it out in the end because it slowed the movie down. Maybe in some directors cut someday.
>>
>>83617852
Either works for me :3
>>
Why didn't the green Deus Ex Machina serum cure his metal cancer?

How is Canada magically protected from a global corporation that culled the mutant population?

Why did this film need 3 antagonists?

What is Transigen's tax policy?
>>
>>83614653
YOU MUST BE JUDGED
>>
>>83610164
youre telling me it cant?
>>
>>83592784
The reason why in the movie is because the adamantium is poisoning him

The real reason why is because the movie is about an aging old man past his prime who is slowly dying and has one last shot to make something of himself again
>>
>>83595024
We don't know how many mutants are in this world or how useful there powers are. It's hinted that mutants were hinted as well using Caliban
>>
>>83606009
i thought the score for them escaping the desert safehouse was pretty unique, but yes, the somber moments were heavy handed. i might like this movie more than i should since i think its the only movie about being a middle aged man ive ever seen. i would have loved it if it was just that, but then they turn it into some road trip evil clone romp which i didnt like.
>>
>>83599872
How can you mold/liquify a metal that has no chemichal reactions dont be retarded
>>
>>83618795
>Caliban (tier 3 mutant) outlasting any other mutant
Que?
>>
>>83622705
He can avoid other trackers.
>>
>>83594266
is in another universe, Jackman confirmed it
>>
File: julius.jpg (8KB, 220x276px) Image search: [Google]
julius.jpg
8KB, 220x276px
>>83609609
>Logan is literally dying from the very start of the movie
>his healing factor is clearly giving out
>he is crawling on the ground by the climax
>people are somehow amazed when he dies after being impaled by a tree stump

Are people so retarded that they can't contextualize the ending, or are they being obtuse?
>>
>>83592784
it's the corn nigga
>>
>>83595298
Comic book movies are beginning to be set in their own individual universes just like *gasp* comic books.
>>
>>83625103
he survives repeated gun shots
impaling isnt death when you are unkillable

the only reason you all apologize for discarding source material is because you want the white man to die in your narrative to make way for the progressive liberal power rangers club, man what a shit show that was, and what a bad movie it is, being overhyped for political reasons
>>
>>83625221
>he survives repeated gun shots

Yes, not without scars. It was shown that his healing wasn't as good as it was before in the very beginning of the movie. Caliban even references it.

>impaling isnt death when you are unkillable

Logan was never unkillable, especially when his healing factor fizzled out.

People are acting like the Wolverine from the first X-Men just mysteriously died by being impaled, when that isn't what happened at all. You are creating a false narrative because you don't like some of the themes of the movie. Grow up, you baby.
>>
>>83625221
MGH only enhances powers for a limited time and it was obvious that his healing factor now only worked on small bullet wounds and cuts he couldn't fully heal damaged organs which is why x-23 took him to a doctor when he passed out
>>
>>83592784

AND IM JAVER
>>
>>83625221

Literally five minutes earlier: "You used the healing serum, but the effects are wearing off - you will not survive further wounds"
>>
>>83625833
>BUT HOW COULD WOLVERINE DIE?! I DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE PREVIOUS 2 HOURS OF THE MOVIE. WHAT A GIGANTIC PLOT HOLE!
>>
>>83625833
>>83625378
So what, they didn't have any more serum in their caravan that they could give him? Bullshit. They straight up brought X-24 back from the dead with that shit earlier on in the movie, so they obviously carry it with them.
>>
>>83595919

Did the movie insinuate that there was no mutants world wide or just the US?
>>
>>83592784

I love how the Logan film accidentally proves that Magneto was right and Charles was a fool all along.
>>
File: 1487207309477.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487207309477.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>83626504
DoFP already did that dumbass. Charles even fucking says it in the movie
>>
>>83596708
Logan and Sabertooth are 200+ years old.
A few generations.
>>
>>83626398
not really, they just used young logan's blood and flesh to clone him via healing factor then filled him up with rage
>>
The reason is given in the movie: they put chemicals in all the food and stuff that messed up mutant powers and prevented mutants from being born. This and adamantium poisoning has weakened his healing factor. It's also why Xavier has those freak-outs: the chemicals messed with his ability to control his powers.

And before anyone asks, X-24 was just recently cloned and not 100% ready. In that scene where the doctor picks him up after Wolverine wrecks him the first time, the doctor says X-24 is basically a baby and his healing factor isn't working at peak efficiency.
>>
>>83626398
x-24 was still alive when he was given the mgh, healing factor just kept him in a suspended animation
>>
>>83626544
Plus Apocalypse and all those mutants who served him or were absorbed/killed by him.
>>
>>83626539

Yeah but that was the bad future that they wanted to prevent so it's expected for Charles to act defeated. Now Charles is wrong in the canon end of the franchise.
>>
>>83607743
they were killed by xavier cmon this was all in the movie
>>
Why didn't Professor X just take that serum that he used to take in Days of Future Past? The one that would make him able to walk again at the expense of losing his powers? Then he could go to the bathroom by himself and he wouldn't be a danger to anyone
>>
>>83627402
People with Alzheimers don't make rational choices.

Notice how Logan DID have him on meds to suppress his powers, and the worst incident in the movie came about because he secretly didn't take them?
>>
why didn't he just get rid of the adamantium skeleton before it fucked up his generative powers??

>cut off ear and toss it aside
>jump into incinerator
>every cell incinerated, only adamantium skeleton remains
>regenerates from ear with natural skeleton

problem solved
>>
>>83627616
...if cutting off an ear, grows an entirely new wolverine...do you think there would be a fuck ton of them running around?

im sure he needs his brain to regenerate
>>
File: 1395984525105.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
1395984525105.png
65KB, 285x276px
>tfw the farmer tries to shoot Logan too
>>
File: FullSizeRender-3.jpg (150KB, 1125x1127px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
150KB, 1125x1127px
>>83627688
LET YOUR SOUUUUUUUUUUL GLOOOOOOOOOW
>>
This is truely capekino

all the others are filled with bright colours and effects but at the end of the day theyre void of any emotion.
>>
>>83627616

he cant survive decapitation retardo
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.