[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Those last 10 minutes I cried at the end ;_; Finally got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: amy adams.jpg (1MB, 1500x2340px) Image search: [Google]
amy adams.jpg
1MB, 1500x2340px
>Those last 10 minutes
I cried at the end ;_;
Finally got around to watching this. Was pretty good but I felt like some parts were hamfisted (the marines going rouge and planting the bomb) and the phone call to the chinese prime minister was kind of a deus ex machina type of thing. But other than that i liked it. The cinematography was especially great.
>>
>>83587908
You cried?
>>
Shit movie
>>
>>83589089
yes
i never used to cry but now i do almost every movie i watch
i might have a problem
>>
>>83587908
Ah, a sci-fi movie for normie casuals.
>>
>>83589638

yeah, it called having a vagina.
>>
>>83589662
Still a good movie.
>>
>>83589638
if you're being serious, you might want to get bloodwork done. When I came off of TRT i would get extremely emotional at movies and TV. I cried so many times watching "The Night Of" for some reason. It's what happens when your estrogen levels are too high when your test plummets.
>>
>>83589638
That happened to me when I started taking anti-depressants.
>>
>>83589666
>>83589710
>>83589742
ive just been more emotional in general
sometimes i just cry randomly in public
i used to be an emotionless husk
>>
>>83587908
Lake Mungo did it better.
>>
>>83589864
looks interesting, will watch
>>
Fuck that Lois Lane was a bitch. She knew she would have a daughter that would have a horrible life because of cancer and she knew Hawkeye would get pissed off at her for it.
>>
>>83589849
Kys fag
>>
>>83587908
Why would I cry at generic blockbuster garbage

Also the reveal is kind of telling. Amy Adams doesn't hesitate to start a life with this man knowing it will end badly and their child will die young. That's incredibly selfish. With predestination she has free will to change things. Certainly anything would be better than a failed marriage and terminally ill child.
>>
File: 149589854987.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
149589854987.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>83589933
are you autistic? she had already made that choice, that was the entire fucking point of the movie. Even if the little girl was doomed to suffer at the end, she still had to give her a chance to experience life. the entire movie is about that one aspect of the human condition and you're too much of a brainlet to grasp it. fucking autist.
>>
>>83590212
No get fucked. She can see the future which means she can change the future. It's pretty easy; don't let this man stick his dick in her. That's all she had to do. They go back to their different towns and she meets some nice guy and they get a genetic text to ensure no fucked-up baby-killing genes.

Most people can't see the future so they can't really be held responsible for this. Genetic screening imperfect and expensive and usually not really necessary unless someone knows they have have dangerous recessive genes.

She did, by virtue of the future knowledge, ergo she's a bad selfish person.

It's just like women though to walk over others for their own ends.
>>
>>83590293
No, it's all predetermined, she can't change anything. It's not like she views her future like a youtube video and then continues with her life normally.
There is no other choice available, she never could've changed her decisions because all of the past, present and future decisions are interconnected and experienced at the same time. That's why it's non linear.
She only decided to embrace the premature death of her child and appreciate every waking moment while she is alive, she thinks the moments they had together are worth living for.

>It's pretty easy; don't let this man stick his dick in her.
Even if she could change that decision it would be mean that she would never have her daughter which she already loves.

Here's an excerpt from an interview with Villeneuve to maybe clear things up for you:
>"The idea is that the heptapods see life like a [scripted] play. They know what will happen, so they have the choice — either they do it bored to death, or they embrace it and try to be at their best, like an actor on a stage."

Also, do you think parents of kids with cancer wish they never had them?
>>
>>83590293
>ergo she's a bad selfish person.

>saves the world from certain armageddon
>gives a little girl a chance at life and happiness even though she knows her heart will be broken by her death and her marriage in shambles
you need to go back to /v/
>>
>>83590429
>creating children that will not live into adulthood is a noble thing
progressive politics was a mistake
>>
>>83590518
>implying that progressives are against abortion and euthanasia
this has to be bait. please tell me its bait, anon. you are not really this dumb.
>>
>>83590421
>Also, do you think parents of kids with cancer wish they never had them?
Cancer isn't an inherited disease genius

I bet they wish they had healthy kids
>>
>>83590518
Do you think parents of kids with cancer wish they never had them?
>>
>>83587908
>rouge

how come so many of you idiotic fucks continually get this wrong?
>>
File: dignity.jpg (505KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
dignity.jpg
505KB, 2000x1250px
>>
>>83590541
Progressive abort babies out of convenience; it's not the same thing as decided not to have a child with someone because it will be doomed to a short life.
>>
Best use of sound design/sound editing in a hollywood movie in a long time.

Where in other films sound design is used just to "fill the form", in Arrival it's used as an actual storytelling element where clues from the future are being interplayed with the current narrative.
I feel bad for all the stream/screener fags who missed out on a whole chunk of the experience
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.