[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, what the fuck? This is boring as shit. I'm sorry, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

OK, what the fuck? This is boring as shit. I'm sorry, but are literally all black and white movies boring and pretentious?

Everything I've watched has either been about the romantic problems of upper class 40 year old women or unfunny old school humor. Like, who gives a fuck?

And Citizen Kane here is supposed to be the "BEST MOVIE EVER", but it's just a plot less 2 hours about some rich fuck's life. Movies like this are boring and pretentious, and literally all of the are like this! This isn't entertaining, it's just shit. The only black and white films I've watched that have actually been GOOD are the fucking cartoons.

I understand old people who actually lived in those times or had parents who lived in those times and raised them on these movies liking them, but most of the time it's just edgy teenagers and neckbeards pretending to like them and saying pretentious shit like "THIS is the TRUE cinema" or some shit.
>>
>>83583537
>He doesnt get it and understand them as works of art
lol what a normie
lets all laugh at him because hes not as moviesmart as the rest us
movie experts

Black and whites bore the fuck out of me aswell
>>
>>83583537
>>83583622
t. Adhd kids
>>
>>83583537
Yeah, they really need to reboot it. The effects haven't aged well. If they added a CGI villain and some more action scenes that would be helpful. Maybe a comic relief sidekick to Kane to keep things punchy with a few zingers. I don't know why Hollywood hasn't taken advantage of this franchise.
>>
watch Eraserhead OP.
>>
>>83583537

Covfefe is just the name of his sled from when he was a kid, before he became a cold heartless business man.

if you don't feel like sitting through the movie to find out.
>>
>>83584938
>David Lynch

He's boring and pretentious enough in color
>>
>>83584938
kys
>>
>>83584975
He'll never make a true masterpiece like Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>83584975
You only think its pretentious because you don't understand it

>waaah It's different so it's bad

kys>>83585020
>>
The reason this film is considered kino is because Welles had balls huge enough to fuck around with storytelling conventions and techniques that were groundbreaking at the time.

You've got to understand that back then audiences would only watch a film once, meaning that everything had to be presented on a platter so that dumb fucks would understand it instantly, because why the fuck would they think deeply about matinee entertainment? Welles had the foresight to think, 'hey, what if we could watch a film multiple times and find new elements that can create deeper meanings in the story?' which is exactly what he fucking did. The first viewing is fucking confusing because it's non linear and seems to dwell on pointless shit, but when you watch it again you realise the importance of everything that was shown.

Welles then went one step further and thought 'what about foreshadowing?' through camera angles, sound, editing etc. you get the fucking idea, which is obviously lost on people who only watched it once.

You don't realise the importance of this film because it's storytelling conventions are taken for granted in contemporary cinema.
>>
File: 1484228076221.png (191KB, 318x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484228076221.png
191KB, 318x360px
>>83585182
>>
>>83583537
>most of the time it's just edgy teenagers and neckbeards pretending to like them and saying pretentious shit like "THIS is the TRUE cinema" or some shit.

I've literally never seen this happen before, and neither have you.

I'm 36, unironically enjoy rewatching Citizen Kane, I wasn't raised on it, I discovered it as an adult. Kane is a great tragic character.

It's okay if you don't like it.
>>
>>83585260

It's like hearing rock and roll from the 40s: it sounds extremely dated by today's standards, but completely revolutionized the medium at the time.
>>
Really you didnt like it? I think its a pretty good summary of the emptiness of having success as a life goal. Kane had everything that people think that they want, but he still cried out for the innocence of the childhood he never got to experience in his dying breath. I think its still a very moving film. Sorry you didnt like it.
>>
>I found this movie boring
>I barely looked up from Candy Crush the whole time because it was so boring
>>
>>83583537
>>83583622
This has gotta be bait
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.