[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone on /tv/ made a film? >what are some stories of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: film.jpg (14KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
film.jpg
14KB, 279x180px
Has anyone on /tv/ made a film?

>what are some stories of making it
>what were the difficulties
>What advice would you tell a person who might be to make a short film?
>>
>what are some stories of making it

The lead was a drunk asshole who treated everyone on set like shit, the DP was a talentless dimwit who couldn't focus a lens properly but thought he knew more than anyone else on the set, and the audio guy got sick of both of them and just didn't show up on the third day of shooting.

>what were the difficulties

See above

>What advice would you tell a person who might be to make a short film?

Don't.
>>
>>83580643
several small films in college
>everybody thought they knew more then each other (but nobody really knew what the fuck they were doing)
>we blew a lot of money on shit we didnt need
>in fact went over budget
>most of our movies were blatant rip offs of existing ideas and if they werent crummy college movies we'd probably get sued to hell
>all the actors and the director were from rich families (not from hollywood though so no easy nepotism) and were pretentious as fuck, I literally got into fist fights with some of them
basically everything you could imagine from a bunch of 20 something kids trying to make "art". As for advice, have a set goal and plan in mind and FOLLOW THAT SHIT, dont make stuff up as you. Have a mix of your friends and some associates but people trust and can work with but dont risk any friendships over it. Stay humble, learn to take criticisms and actually learn from it because odds are whatever you make will be terrible but thats how you learn
>>
>>83580643
Did several small films. The lead was an alcoholic jerk and he treated everyone on the set really poorly. Everybody thought they knew more than each other (while in reality, nobody knew what the heck they were doing). The DP wasn't skilled or canny and couldn't do his job (but, like everyone else, thought he knew more than everyone else). We spent way too much money, and the worst part is that most of it was spent on unnecessary crap that didn't make the films better. My audio guy got sick of the drama and just stopped showing up, which sucked. The films weren't even original, they just hijacked existing concepts, most likely illegally.

Make sure you have a specific goal to pursue and make a plan for it. Don't get cocky, kid. This is how you develop as an adult.
>>
>>83580643
Everybody treated everyone like shit, but they deserved it because everyone thought they knew more than everyone else when in fact everyone was an asshole who deserved to be treated like shit. The audio guy especially, fuck that guy. Have some friends and do what you can. Don't make films. Make terrible plans.
>>
>>83580643
I suspect the guy who made "Enduring Destiny" is a fellow /tv/ anon
>>
>>83580643
I made an animated short that's doing pretty well on YouTube .
Got around the usual problems by not trusting anyone and making it myself.
Obviously this is kind of unfeasible for live action though.
>>
>>83580643
Just completed an animated little ditty called Fate's Persistence. Lead was a boozer and everyone was rude to everyone else. Don't trust anyone, and don't trust audio guys. Be a friend.
>>
File: IMG_8063.jpg (30KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8063.jpg
30KB, 384x384px
>>83580643
>be me in junior/middle school
>make lots of my own superhero comics
>make shitty stopmotion kinks with a webcam and Star Wars lego and i do all the voice acting
>tfw I thought they were all lost but my dad had saved them all
>>
>>83584115
*kinos, fucking autocorrect Jews
>>
>>83581621
>>83583122
>>83584107

God damn this thread is critically underrated.
>>
>>83584115
Post them!
>>
>>83580643
Cant say i have
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.