[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that we won't get Alien 5 because Ridley Scott

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1444505439995.jpg (37KB, 699x474px) Image search: [Google]
1444505439995.jpg
37KB, 699x474px
Reminder that we won't get Alien 5 because Ridley Scott wants to continue to keep making more Prometheus sequels.

Not because of a bad box office or bad reviews, because it's been cancelled since April.

Is Scott the new Lucas?
>>
>Is Scott the new Lucas?
Yes. I won't ever watch another movie he makes.
>>
>>83578685
good, I don't give a fuck about that old cunt at this point. I want to watch David slowly fuck up the 2000 members of the Covenant.
>>
Why the fuck would I want Alien 5 with geriatric Ripley?

More so, who fucking cares what time period he's making Alien films in? Do people actually take the canon/universe of them seriously? And this is coming from someone who liked Prometheus and thought Covenant was a borderline masterpiece.
>>
File: Ridley-has-changed.gif (186KB, 214x314px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley-has-changed.gif
186KB, 214x314px
>Is Scott the new Lucas?

I've made this gif in 2013.
>>
>>83578685
>he thinks Fox will allow Ridley to make another prequel movie after Covenant only made $173 million on a $97 million budget
>>
>>83578747
It's not about canon or timeline. The Alien franchise has had so many novels, crossovers, video game tie ins, and whatever that really canon has always been "the first and second movies, and after that whatever you like."

I'm not even particularly excited about Sigorney Weaver either.

But I'm fucking pissed off that apparently Ridley Scott never learned how to share, and even more pissed off that he wants to be all passive aggressive about the plot of his films.

>"Oh, so you don't like the Engineers? WELL THEY'RE ALL DEAD, AND SO IS SHAW! FUCK YOU IF YOU WANTED ANY ANSWERS!"

Literally Lucas tier reaction.
>>
>>83578685
Really when I think about it, no part of Alien was ever very good.

OK, Sigourney in her underoos and HR Giger props, but beyond that, a pretty uninteresting formulaic story with crap characters amounting to nothing. The sequels went downhill from there, and Prometheus was utter deep fried shiteballs on a stick.

After centuries of compelling sci-fi books, why can't anyone write decent sci-fi for film?
>>
>>83578926
Ah, ok, I get it.

Idk, I think the 3 best Alien films were all made by Ridley but I didn't hate the idea of Blomkamp doing one. I assume the fact he hasn't made a good movie since District 9 (which is a masterpiece) probably played a big part in it.

Cameron could do another one though and I wouldn't complain even if I think Aliens is criminally overrated. Other than that though, who would you (and more importantly, the studios) trust to do it? I guess for me, Ridley is my first choice for making Alien films so it doesn't really bother me?
>>83579077
>Alien
>story
>no mention of the stylistic genius, art design (yes even those not from Giger), and tension
pleb spotted, although your description of Prometheus was proof enough
>>
>>83578925
If there's anything Ridley Scott know how to do, at this point, it's to trick people into letting him continue to make movies.

This is the guy who made Robin Hood into a generic war movie, and the story of Moses (which even Dreamworks can make kino) into a long bore.

He'll blame advertising or something, or maybe Wonder Woman for stealing his thunder.

>>83579077
I think the important thing about Alien was that, prior to that, science fiction - as film or as literature - was not taken seriously or respected. It was seen as 'genre fiction' or 'B-Movie' or whatever you want to call it. Meaningless drivel.

But beginning with Alien, it was taken very seriously - by both the actors and by critics. Yes, it's formulaic now - ripping off Alien is a genre unto itself - but before Alien, nobody thought that space aliens could be very scary.

I was watching a recent review, and the overall consensus was that it's more a thriller than horror, and I agree with that. It's about a bunch of space truckers who are being used by a 'company man', Ash the literal corporate robot, to transport an extremely dangerous cargo against their will and anyone's better judgement. I think that's the heart of Alien right there. It presents space and science fiction as something blue collar, real, and actually somewhat mundane.

Compare that to a movie released a few years prior to Alien, Star Wars, which is more fantasy than actual science fiction.
>>
File: 1469369192244.jpg (67KB, 502x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469369192244.jpg
67KB, 502x480px
>>83579077
>no part of Alien was ever very good
>>
>>83579344
It's obvious bait. Don't let him get your goat.
>>
the alien movies wouldn't even be popular if it wasn't for prometheus, so shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1438036842086.jpg (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1438036842086.jpg
42KB, 500x501px
>>83579416
So this is the power of phoneposting.
>>
>>83579077
>After centuries of compelling sci-fi books, why can't anyone write decent sci-fi for film?
Now this is a shitpost.
>>
>>83578747
>Covenant was a borderline masterpiece.
It really was. I don't expect millenials to understand art though.
>I loved her, of course, just as you love Daniels
>You know that's not possible.
>I know better *tear drop*
KINO
>>83578926
Ridley might've gone slightly senile, but there is literally no other director you can trust with the Alien franchise, Neill Blomhack least of all.
All his movies have been shitty social commentaries on apartheid. Keep that shit OUT of Alien.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.