[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry, maybe you already answer this but what the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: muh dr.jpg (11KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
muh dr.jpg
11KB, 182x268px
I'm sorry, maybe you already answer this but what the fuck did i just watch?
>>
File: lynch hol up.jpg (34KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
lynch hol up.jpg
34KB, 618x412px
>>83557207
>Contained within the original DVD release is a card titled "David Lynch's 10 Clues to Unlocking This Thriller". The clues are:

>1. Pay particular attention in the beginning of the film: At least two clues are revealed before the credits.
>2. Notice appearances of the red lampshade.
>3. Can you hear the title of the film that Adam Kesher is auditioning actresses for? Is it mentioned again?
>4. An accident is a terrible event—notice the location of the accident.
>5. Who gives a key, and why?
>6. Notice the robe, the ashtray, the coffee cup.
>7. What is felt, realized and gathered at the Club Silencio?
>8. Did talent alone help Camilla?
>9. Note the occurrences surrounding the man behind Winkie's.
>10. Where is Aunt Ruth?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83557207
Why is it called mulholland dr. if there's zero doctors in the movie?
>>
File: 1495504618001.jpg (26KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495504618001.jpg
26KB, 360x360px
>>83557331
>>
>>83557207
>what the fuck did i just watch?

I fucking hate this phrase so much. It's literally:
>just watched this, what should I think?

What are you a fucking thirteen year old?
>>
>>83557207

Its not important to understand Lynch what is important is to be seen understanding Lynch.
>>
>>83557282
The studio forced Lynch to release that shit because normies were complaining that there was no plot.
>>
>>83557282
I think I need to rewatch the film with this list in front of me. The only bits I can sort of work out are 4 and 9
>>
>>83557207

Its not important to understand Lynch what is important is to enjoy the ride.
>>
>>83557282
>7. What is felt, realized and gathered at the Club Silencio?
I didn't understand the point of Club Silencio at all.
>>
File: md.png (607KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
md.png
607KB, 1280x688px
what the fuck does it open?
>>
A series pilot
>>
>>83557424
If dubs this poster is Pokemon pikachu
>>
>>83557899
The point is there is no band
>>
>>83557929
Does it not just mean he carried out the hit
>>
>>83557829
Piss off
>>
>>83557207
movie parable movie revelation
>>
>>83557207
A lesbian's nancy drew sex fantasy
>>
Movie pitch : young woman tries to make it at Hollywood but fails miserably and loses her mind, starts imagining herself as the successful actress she wanted to be
>>
>>83557207

Overrated junk that film students praise because it makes their hobby seem inaccessible to normies so that they justify their shit diploma and hours sunk into mediocre films.

Don't forget the kino meme was created to mock said failed film students who find validity in "understanding" Lynch films on their first watch.
>>
>>83559202
Mulholland Drive is literally the most straightforward of his surreal movies. It's extremely obvious what happens unless you want to tie it into Buddhism which I've seen.

Now this may be applicable to Inland Empire, but not this movie.
>>
>>83559320

You're right and I actually meant to reply to the normie guide here >>83557282
>>
The point of the film was to show Naomi Watts and Laura Harring lez out. How did all of you not pick up on this? The other shit was just to scare off the normies.
>>
>>83557612
This makes sense. I always wondered how come he felt the need to spell out the point, even though the last 30 mins are doing that.
>>
>>83557523
this
>>
>>83559658
Naomi Watts has the best nipples in Hollywood
>>
>>83559658

Laura's tits just scream warmth and security. If I could sleep on her tits (given she and they look like she did in this movie) I would feel safe from everything in the world
>>
>>83557207
A tale of semi-dumb would-be actress failing to live up the Hollywood dream and becoming mentally insane. Also some lesbian kino.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>
>>83557424
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83557207
https://imgur.com/a/8z1Z6

You're welcome.
>>
>>83560295
I WANTED TO FORGET
>>
Why do people think this is a confusing film? It's a much more straightforward version of Lost Highway.
>>
normie reading:

first part is obv a dream
the dream shows the audience the subconscious troubles and desires of naomi watts
real life kicks in and its terrible
explains the dream
in the dream she longs for her past love with the mexican lady
shes also still an innocent actress who is oblivious to the dArKnEsS of jewywood, as shown in all the scenes with justin theroux, probably how she really used to feel at some point
the hitman is clumsy, perhaps she's subconsciously hoping he messes up the hit on her ex-gf???
wants to die, reason why she's dead in the dream, monster behind the diner perhaps how she views herself rn?
club silencio = she becomes aware that she's dreaming, dream falls apart and she wakes up
>>
>>83557207
The beginning of the film is Betty's dream or that is what Lynch wants you to think. Betty is the alternate version of herself who wasn't raped as a child and is filled with hope for Hollywood. She goes and meats Carmilla/Rita who has forgotten who she is, she represents the act and the guilt that Diane is hiding away in her mind. The purpose of the dream is to give her a world where she can cope with the one she loved being killed by her own hand. Notice how everyone who appeared in the first half of the film is exaggerated versions of herself. She didn't get the part in the film with the director because of a conspiracy to collude and pick "That girl". She is the hero of her own story.

Club silencio is the the act of being silent, when she was molested by her grandfather and while her grandmother remained silent and didn't say anything to the authorities. She feels alienated from them, they wear the false teeth in the beginning of the film, they laugh maniacally as they leave her to find out the truth for herself.

The magician in Club Silencio shows her her abuse, as she starts shaking he starts thrusting up and down as well, Betty in her dreamscape realized that she had been abused, and noone stood up for her. Betty and Carmilla are starting to fuse together because of this, Carmilla is wearing a blonde wig signifying the end of the dream. Also the magician is the Devil.

When they go back home Betty disappears because she cannot cope with what the truth of her abuse and her killing Rita/Carmilla, she has become one with Rita and they are essentially the same person. Now she has to face the truth for herself, she looks inside the blue box which is opened by the blue key that the assassin gives to her at the end of the film.

In the real world we realize that Diane is a broken woman who loved Carmilla, but it was one sided, she was only brought on by her insisting to directors to bring her. This is the true betty, with all the doubt.

Part1/2
>>
>>83561400
Part 2/2

Now in the real world we see that the Director did not want to cast her in the film and Carmilla used her and is going to marry the director. She hires a hitman that kills her and when she wakes from her dream and sees the blue key on the floor she is confronted by two knocks on the door, these are the detectives who she may have met before, but instead of opening the door she is confronted by her grandparents, who caused her to be broken and when confronted with why she is the way she is she kills herself.

The man behind the gas station is Death, he is the equalizer, when she is paying the hitman the man from the diner who dies from seeing him is there as well. He is death but he also represents an unmutable truth which is inherently ugly. As she dies the girl from Club Silencio says "Silencio". There is nothing more to say, as this is her Aunt Rita who sent her to California to cover her abuse by her family, by not standing up to her she had to rely on Carmilla which was a toxic human being and therefore she was destined to die.
>>
>>83561400
>>83561543
Woah
>>
File: mullhollanddr.jpg (26KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
mullhollanddr.jpg
26KB, 1024x576px
>>83557207

The last twenty minutes is chronologically the beginning, and it goes thusly:

>Naomi Watts’ character begins her career as an actress in Hollywood
>She falls in love with actress Laura Harring
>Laura breaks up with Naomi and gets with Justin Theroux (the director)
>Later, at the party, Naomi witnesses Justin and Laura announce their engagement
>At the same event, Naomi sees Laura kiss another girl. Naomi realises she’s not even the sidekick
>Driven nuts by jealousy, Naomi hires a hitman to kill Laura

The rest of the film, the first two hours, is Naomi Watt’s dream (which she ultimately wakes up from, then committing suicide). The dream initially starts out as an idyllic escapist fantasy, but it gradually starts to collapse in on itself and reveal the truth about the assassination situation. It starts to break down a la Inception, pretty much.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2012/03/04/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulk-vs-the-genius-of-mulholland-drive
>>
>>83557424
what did this autist mean by this post?
>>
>>83561400
nice
>>
>>83561400
>>83561543
>>83561960
>>83562062

But isn’t this molestation angle purely conjecture and extrapolation? Like what are the textual or tangible examples of this? This example just sorta throws it out as an axiom.
>>
>>83562511
It's not, it's heavily implied. Nothing in a Lynch film is concrete, but the Club Silencio scene confirms this as it relates to her grandparents.
>>
>>83562511
When her grandparents confront her you can hear a little girl giggling and a man laughing then when she's about to die the little girl screams.
>>
>>83557899
Oh, look. He's playing the trumpet. Oh, no! Wait, he wasn't playing the trumpet; it was just a recording. Oh, look, she's singing so beautifully. On, no! Wait, she wasn't singing, it was just a recording.
Mightn't it be quite obvious what this scene is trying to convey?
>>
File: DAwcoWMUAAA2mKg.jpg (33KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
DAwcoWMUAAA2mKg.jpg
33KB, 750x750px
>>83560866
Is there a version of this for Inland Empire?
>>
I heard the last one ended with a bang
>>
>>83557899
This is a dream, also this is a film
A bit transcendental.
>>83562564
No, it doesn't in your post, while referring to Club Silencio you just assume everything is related to her grandparents, as the guy said.

Also, if anything, Lynch would deal with molestation with extreme imagery, or at least something more explicit, not just having two or three scenes of the grandparents, adding some sounds >>83562674 and that's it.

I mean, go ahead, Lynch is abstract enough to leave lots of open room for the viewer's imagination, but this one feels a bit forced.
>>
>>83562939
None that i'm aware of
>>
if you watch Lynch's films to "understand" or "analyze" them you're watching them for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>83563347
It's heavily implied by the way she acts in relationships. It's very easy to read, even on the first viewing.
>>
>>83563347
http://www.mulholland-drive.net/studies/sexualabuse.htm
>>
>>83563347
In the pilot for the show it is even more heavily implied that she was abused. This is a common theme in his work.
>>
>>83563347
>The "Beatrice Cenci" painting in aunt Ruth's apt. is of the famously abused woman who had her abuser killed
>>
>>83562939
Google Inland Empire scene by scene. That's a nice interpretation and it has links to others.
>>
>>83558806
unless he's an idiot, it's an allusion to diane asking that
>>
>>83561281
>shes also still an innocent actress who is oblivious to the dArKnEsS of jewywood
lmao, of course you misread it as that
she's constructing a conspiracy against herself to explain away her failure as an actress
>>
>>83563347
agreed
>>
>>83565877
read
>>83563620
>>83563584
>>83563506
>>83563479
>>
this explains it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfQE0SOGG-g
>>
>>83562939
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrQpcDnVgdQ
>>
>>83560295
OH FUCK! I'M NOT CLICKING T-
>jpg
Got me good there, anon.
>>
>>83567036
Is it bad if I don't feel like analysing or reading or even watching a video of people doing that for me about Inland Empire? I just take it as Lynch feeding my brain images remotely relevant to a simple story of a woman cheating on her husband.
>>
>>83568170
its not bad, but i personally like it and it makes me appreciate some films more. when i first watched MD and IE i didnt understand most of it, i was also very new to films outside of the mainstream. but still i liked them for some reason. and now i can much better understand why i liked them due to everything ive read and heard about the films.

but i mean, going in blind for the first watch probably also has its advantages.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.